Royal Gossip
December 15, 2017, 04:35:41 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Princess Caroline  (Read 45269 times)
Anne-Elliot
Countess

Lady Mary Crawley

« Reply #20 on: February 08, 2012, 01:21:21 pm »

Interesting - PW take note......

The European Court of Human Rights has rejected a complaint by Princess Caroline of Monaco, in a ruling backing media rights on celebrity reporting.

The princess and her husband argued that a photo of the couple on holiday while her father, Prince Rainier, was ill violated their privacy.

They took the case to Strasbourg after German courts rejected their argument.

But the human rights court upheld the German decision, in a ruling that could affect privacy laws across Europe.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-16933815

Alexander
royal watcher

« Reply #21 on: August 08, 2012, 07:59:43 pm »

Kuei i think there are many more reasons for Caroline to oppose her fathers proposed marriage to Ira than losing her place in the pecking order. Ira would have suffered frequent comparisons to Grace by the press and the people of Monaco who adored Grace. This could have also been seen as him trying to replace Grace, since Ira looks like the spitting image of Princess Grace, which would make him look decidedly creepy going around with what some would call Grace 2.0. That would only make an otherwise wonderful man look horrible. It could also lead to more conspiracy theories about just why Graces car careened off that cliff. Then you have to think of his children who would have great difficulty in accepting a new stepmother, especially one who does look so much like their mother it would make them uneasy.
berlin
Countess

« Reply #22 on: August 08, 2012, 08:27:01 pm »

I never thought that Caroline would have opposed giving up being First Lady.  She's probably relieved.
dianab
Countess

« Reply #23 on: August 13, 2012, 04:49:42 pm »

I think Caroline was longing for this day arrive - Albert marry -, I do think she would love he have married when her husband died. I read a interview of her mother-in-law Fernanda Casiraghi they were all of them happy with the engagement of Albert and that the heir would arrive.
Yooper
Princess

« Reply #24 on: August 13, 2012, 10:06:25 pm »

I don't know  a lot about the inner workings of this family, but Caroline always looks so tired and that leads me to believe that she could be relieved to now be able to live a quieter lifestyle and do what she pleases but yet be there as an advisor.

\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\"  Thomas Jefferson
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #25 on: November 10, 2012, 02:32:18 am »

I thougth I would start a thread about Caroline since we are after all, getting WAY off topic on the other thread.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
serene grace
Princess

Appointed Moderator

« Reply #26 on: November 10, 2012, 11:01:51 am »

My last post about her was in the Tatianna and Andrea marriage thread.

Caroline said somewhere after she had began seeing Ernst, that she regretted not listening to her mother the first time around about getting together with Ernst.

I do remember her in early interviews discussing how her mother going through books for a Royal or Princely match bothered her, but I think something changed when she got older to make her want to marry Ernst for his title, imo was part of it.

I have a friend who use to read the french magazines,she once read me a article or story about Caroline being bothered by something that happened at one of the royal events, concerning her position(this  must have been after her husband Stephano died and before she got together with and married Ernst, but it was being covered in the magazine at the time, because Caroline had  now hooked with or just married Ernst)  I think something occured where Caroline was relegated to the back of the room or something(this was before she married to Ernst), I don't recall the entire story, but something happened at some event that bothered her "ego" greatly from what I recall of what my friend said.  I wish I saved all those old magazines

I will always believe part of Caroline going after Ernst in later years was to become a HRH on paper. To the outside world,her being HSH of Monaco may seem like enough, but in that world, Caroline as HSH with all those commoner marriages well it made her lower in the pecking order, much lower.....I believe? I think going for an HRH was a strategic move for her, cold , calculated from the eye of a now maturing Princess.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2012, 11:08:51 am by serene grace » Logged

[/URL]
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #27 on: November 10, 2012, 11:43:34 am »

I wonder how Caroline genuinely feels about Andrea's situation, since after all, Andrea is Heir after herself and surely Caroline had more stately ambition. No matter how much money Tiatiana brings into the family, or the amount of connections, I am certain that she's still not good enough in Caroline's eyes. I bet Caroline was looking through the Gotha and had the hope that Andrea would be able to snag a titled young lady who would end up bringing some sort of grandeur to that rotton family.

As for Caroline, she can put on all the pious airs she likes now, but back in her heyday she was quite the spitfire. Reminds me of young women who go through life partying and then regret not landing the catches when they had the chance. She found royal men 'boring' in the same way girls find nice guys boring when they are young; but after a string of failed romances and scandals, they end up regretting not taking nice guys when she had the chance. Only after a string of failed romances and scandals does she appreciate her title/status.
All those men would have been glad to marry Caroline, but she found all royalty boys boring, and she preferred to party in Paris.

But I do wonder, how much of a chance did she realistically have with these men? I remember that a lot of the royal set shunned them and I believe that she probably would not have been welcome to marry any of these heirs.

the marriage was already ended since EA had been unfaithful before

As far as I'm concerned, Caroline has no reason to be so self-righteous about anything. Besides, a husband is still a husband and she has no reason to accept any advances while guy in question is married. When Diana and Charles were estranged, we still judge Camilla for porking him behind Diana's back. HANDS OFF HUSBANDS!

There is a reason it is a commandment.

Call it what you will, it's still adultery. She is no better than Grace who tarted around with more than enough married men in her bawdy youth as an actress. Chantal was supposedly a friend of hers and she pawned her way into Ernst's bed and go figure, had his daughter and got that title. Just how Camilla 'befriended' Diana. 

I think something occured where Caroline was relegated to the back of the room or something(this was before she married to Ernst), I don't recall the entire story, but something happened at some event that bothered her "ego" greatly

I believe that Caroline has had issues about how she's never cut it in the real world of royalty. She didn't have a great state occasion with many, many visiting royalties and it was explained away that such an event was for Albert. Instead, it was turned by Grace into a Hollywood extravaganza, with all of HER friends.

For some reason, Caroline has always rubbed me the wrong way.

I read in the Robert Lacey book about Grace, that Caroline didn't want Rainier to marry a German aristocrat because she felt threatened over her position of First Lady of Monaco and I do not think that Caroline likes Charlene at all.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
serene grace
Princess

Appointed Moderator

« Reply #28 on: November 10, 2012, 12:55:53 pm »

Caroline would have probably loved a Princess for Andrea but she honestly does adore Tatianna, she was there for her when someone close to Tatianna died a few years ago. She does like her.

I honestly think she sees Charlene as easy to handle, so possibly not bothered, but I'll bet she is relishing the notion that Andrea's soon spouse is producing before Charlene.

I think Charlene is tolerated by Caroline. Stephanie likes Charlene though, I think that's because Caroline has always tried to lord it over Stephanie at every turn and Stephanie is probably happy Caroline's no longer top dawwg or she won't be when or if Charlene ever produces.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2012, 12:58:16 pm by serene grace » Logged

[/URL]
Alexander
royal watcher

« Reply #29 on: November 11, 2012, 06:03:41 pm »

Serene Grace, i think the Caroline and Stephanie drama goes much deeper than Caroline being the first lady of Monaco. I remember reading in the Taraborelli book that it started after Graces death when Caroline tried to be a mother figure towards Stephanie. Stephanie wasn't interested in Caroline filling that kind of a position though and was not happy with her sister trying to interfere in her life and control her, she also didn't want another mother after having lost Grace who she loved very dearly. Caroline has never stopped trying to interfere in her sisters life though so i'm not surprised they aren't on good terms and Stephanie is nicer to Charlene.
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #30 on: November 11, 2012, 06:12:00 pm »

Steph depends on Albert to provide her money while Caroline inherited her personal fortune so Stephanie has incentives to be friendly with Charlene while Caroline can live her life as she wants to.

“Three things are to be looked to in a building: that it stand on the right spot, that it be securely founded, that it be successfully executed.” ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
serene grace
Princess

Appointed Moderator

« Reply #31 on: November 11, 2012, 06:54:37 pm »

Serene Grace, i think the Caroline and Stephanie drama goes much deeper than Caroline being the first lady of Monaco. I remember reading in the Taraborelli book that it started after Graces death when Caroline tried to be a mother figure towards Stephanie. Stephanie wasn't interested in Caroline filling that kind of a position though and was not happy with her sister trying to interfere in her life and control her, she also didn't want another mother after having lost Grace who she loved very dearly. Caroline has never stopped trying to interfere in her sisters life though so i'm not surprised they aren't on good terms and Stephanie is nicer to Charlene.

Yes it does sound like Caroline and Stephanie have some issues. There were a few years it was reported Caroline was trying to block Stephanie from the Monaco balls. The nerve of Caroline to hold her nose up as if she's any better than Stephanie.

[/URL]
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #32 on: November 11, 2012, 07:20:06 pm »

Seems that Rainier thought the same about Stephanie http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f13/rainiers-will-5628.html

Although Caroline's life has been a mess Steph's has been ever worse...

“Three things are to be looked to in a building: that it stand on the right spot, that it be securely founded, that it be successfully executed.” ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
serene grace
Princess

Appointed Moderator

« Reply #33 on: November 11, 2012, 08:29:04 pm »

True, I always felt a bit sorry for Stephanie, because she made such a mess of things.  there

[/URL]
Alexander
royal watcher

« Reply #34 on: November 11, 2012, 09:15:28 pm »

I truly wonder if it could have ever been anything thing other than a mess though. She relied on Grace so much for strength, for advice, for guidance, for everything really that it's no wonder she has been so lost without her. I don't know what i would have done if i had watched my mother die, let alone to be blamed for it all like she has when, as the evidence now shows, that the chances of it being her fault are so slim.
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #35 on: November 12, 2012, 04:02:57 am »

Yes it does sound like Caroline and Stephanie have some issues. There were a few years it was reported Caroline was trying to block Stephanie from the Monaco balls. The nerve of Caroline to hold her nose up as if she's any better than Stephanie.

Caroline has certainly mastered bypocrisy at it's finest.

I wonder if Stephanie's issues strain from being blamed for Grace's death? After all, supposedly there was an argument and then the accident occured.

Alexander
royal watcher

« Reply #36 on: November 12, 2012, 02:29:37 pm »

Some probably do KF, but at least to me it seems more like just the loss of the stabilizing effect that Grace had on her. By the way back on the subject of Caroline i found this interview with her from 1985 with Barbara Walters that i thought everyone mit want to see. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-f1TAVVsKQY&feature=plcp and http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H5sIFgvUyck&feature=plcp I found them very insightful.
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #37 on: November 12, 2012, 04:19:29 pm »

I don't think Grace was stabilizing, so much that she was domineering. She pushed Caroline way too far and fast and I wonder if Caroline might have done things differently if in fact Grace had backed off more than she had been so controlling. What mother moves in with her young adult daughter and spends time criticizing her over her press coverage?

Alexander
royal watcher

« Reply #38 on: November 12, 2012, 04:38:23 pm »

With Caroline i agree she was far from stabilizing but with Stephanie i feel she was stabilizing and her words tended to be taken more seriously by Stephanie than they were by Caroline. As for moving in with Caroline, at the age Caroline was at the time, seventeen if i am remembering right and in Paris, i don't think there's anything wrong with that. As for her behavior i think it's hard to judge someone under the circumstances they were under at the time and the special considerations they had.
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #39 on: November 13, 2012, 06:02:48 am »

Seventeen?

Cripes, now I understand why Grace moved in with her, think, a seventeen year old in PARIS!

I wodner how much time Caroline has spent actually raising her kids as opposed to dropping them off with nannies.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: