Royal Gossip
October 20, 2017, 11:28:17 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Compare Royal Weddings  (Read 4886 times)
Kuei Fei
Princess

Moderator/I'm so royal I piss blue

« on: October 12, 2012, 04:13:50 am »

How does the Cambridge wedding compare to other royal weddings, past and present, European vs. British? I think this would end up being a fun thing to chat about.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2012, 06:37:33 pm by Alexandrine » Logged

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
HC
Countess

« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2012, 06:33:28 pm »

Good ide. Perhaps there could be a poll?

Has the belgium wedding been broadcast? I don't remember seeing it.
Magnolia
Duchess

« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2012, 12:34:52 am »

My top 3 are

1.PC and Diana was full of glamour and just excitement just what a real Royal wedding is carriages, sparkling tiara,conservative but fluffy wedding dress everything was big about that day not forced by the media the public was very into it.

2.Letiza and the I don't know the Prince's name but she looked beautiful modern just a pretty Royal wedding.
3.PE and Sophie that was mature, smooth nice wedding.

THIS IS YOU:NET- FXCKER A PERSON WHO SPENDS DAYS ON THE INTERNET AT A TIME USUALLY LATE AT NIGHT OR VERY EARLY IN THE MORNING HE OR SHE IS A RECLUSE AND A NET-FXCKER! THIS IS YOU:NET-JUNKIES TEND TO NOT HAVE LIVES ALTHOUGH ON RARE OCCASIONS ONE OF THEM UNWITTINGLY DOWNLOADS IT FROM THE INTERNET
memyselfandroyals
Countess

Good and bad things return

« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2012, 12:37:25 am »

Victoria & Daniel
Letizia & P Felipe  flirt

All my comments/posts are only assumptions, thoughts and belifs. I don't make affirmations about facts i don't know about.

YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2012, 01:44:31 am »

I remember seeing both Mathilde and Philip and Laurent and Claire wedding live but there seems to be not video of it. dontknow
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WPtZXoQH82o this is Albert and Paola
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oVKiRWirxg8&feature=related http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ok1k1_v7t_g&feature=relmfu raw image from Baudouin and Fabiola

\\\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\\\"  Thomas Jefferson
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2012, 02:51:09 am »

Walking towards the altar:

Mary of Denmark
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iL9ZlVwgnUU

Note how Frederick looks like a squriming unhappy schoolboy and Joachim is looking really condescending. Frederick is looking at the ceiling and rocking back in forth, he does not look happy AT ALL! If Joachim looked any more scornful, he would end up being a complete dowager of a man. Meanwhile, Mary is coming in with a huge tiara, long train (as always, so boring) and her hair in a high bun. Everyone is bowing/curtsying as hse passes and she barely smiles at any of the guests sincerely, os disdainful one would think SHE is the one who will be future Queen Regnant, not Consort. 

I will never get over how Mary used a British coronation anthem for her wedding march music. Mary's father looks like a grinning idiot. Everyone looks incredibly friendly. The dress is lovely, with a high neckline and simple design and a lovely lace veil.

Kate Cambridge
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5u6-CpU-1EY&feature=related

Michael grins like a complete dolt and Kate keeps trying to look virginal, but it fails because she keeps trying to not grin like a manic loon on speed. Second, she reaches the altar and starts looking and laughing with Harry (why didn't I realize before that this is how she was always going to be) and Harry was leering at Kate, not looking disdainful, but indeed as if he's leering at a stripper. William is facing the altar before he quick look, but really, who knows what expression was on his face. As for the guests, if looks could kill, it would be a dead bride-to-be.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2012, 03:17:23 am »

i actually like the music that mary choose for her walk.
it does sound a tiny bit triumphant and rubbing it in (as in: he's finally all mine you b*tches!) but hey it's your wedding day so. meh

the main difference with kate is the length of the church!
it took her forever to get to that ruddy altar.
and they seem to spend like two minutes just to fix the dress veil and train pulling and prodding around her, mary's dress looked a lot easier to handle

\\\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\\\"  Thomas Jefferson
HC
Countess

« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2012, 01:10:30 pm »

I thought it was so sweet that CP Frederik had a tear or ten in his eye at the wedding. Everyone talked about it.

I think that was the reason that P Joachim at his second wedding tried to copy it by drying his face with a handkerchief at the size of a towel  easter-lol

That was a baaad imitation and looked ridicolous.  laugh

The wedding dinner was also very moving. CP Mary got tears in her eyes whenever her late mother was mentioned.
Snokitty
Princess

« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2012, 02:15:36 pm »

I liked Mary & Frederik's wedding. I liked the fact that Frederik wasn't afraid to show his love in an emotional way on their big day.   Kiss
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #9 on: October 13, 2012, 10:03:04 pm »

Prince Charles/Diana VS Prine William/Kate:

Royal Wedding Day Marriage Ceremony for Prince Charles & Lady Diana, 1981.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zgmpgvf1O44&feature=related

Note all the lovely outfits and hats, all the lovely women and smartly dressed men. The elegant cathedral, the amazing choir, and the marvelous operatic solo. The sheer regality that screams "WE ARE ROYAL! BOW BITCHES!" and how all the decor is so detailed and imposing and the lovely bench for Charles/Diana and the beaming Prince Philip.

The entire RF goes behind to look at the signing of the register/certificate. As the couple leaves, everyone smiles and shows obscience.

The Complete Royal Wedding Ceremony 2011
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DTd2Ex60XiQ

Tacky, a painful expression on the face of every royal there, horrendous outfits, pretnetious celebrities, and I daresay that those trees should have been burned down instead of there. The choir was good, but there wasn't any real concerted effort to make this more than just a television production.

Wedding of Albert II, Prince of Monaco, and Charlene Wittstock in 45 Minutes
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5E7XmKcoej4&feature=related

Charlene has an elegant dress and very long veil; the bridesmaids look utterly adorable and elegant in a simple way. It's nice ot see the crowds outside cheering and all of them are very well dressed.

I loved how Albert, while coming out of the vestry, winked at her, a wonderfully intimate gesture and it's interesting how the bride waits for the groom. The soloist is lovely and what a refreshing change from a full blown orchestra. Both look so happy, but dignified, a hard balance to find.

Anastasia
courtier

« Reply #10 on: October 13, 2012, 11:56:30 pm »

I didn´t see many weddings, but I saw the Cambridges. Zero emotion. William looked like "when does it finish?"

Maxima and Willem. This was emotional, holding hands and crying   sigh

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bJWD_789-OE

And the kiss was passionate. I mean kisses, it was several.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R4eJyZhzF6c
« Last Edit: October 13, 2012, 11:58:42 pm by Anastasia » Logged
Magnolia
Duchess

« Reply #11 on: October 14, 2012, 12:35:14 am »

Kate keeps trying to look virginal,
Which is funny since I think half the people there knew what she's about, wearing a wedding dress doesn't change the fact what she did all those years with Wimpo and posssibly other men.Also Diana's nieces  the expressions on their faces when they see Lazy it says alot.Another true thing you wrote the people on Lazy's wedding were dressed pretty awful and since the engagement the riots in England,fires and the world upside down.With PD and Charles he married a virgin who was also a Royal a woman with no men in her past alot of  people just instantly loved her not media forced.With Lazy is forced by the media you know you got a bad product there when the media is telling you how great it is and alot of people don't want it!

THIS IS YOU:NET- FXCKER A PERSON WHO SPENDS DAYS ON THE INTERNET AT A TIME USUALLY LATE AT NIGHT OR VERY EARLY IN THE MORNING HE OR SHE IS A RECLUSE AND A NET-FXCKER! THIS IS YOU:NET-JUNKIES TEND TO NOT HAVE LIVES ALTHOUGH ON RARE OCCASIONS ONE OF THEM UNWITTINGLY DOWNLOADS IT FROM THE INTERNET
dianab
Countess

« Reply #12 on: October 14, 2012, 02:02:39 am »

@Anastasia
goodpost
100% agreed thumbsup

I love the Maxima & W-A's wedding. In this new generation of royal weddings... Maxima is my favorite bride. Love her wedding dress & her veil is stunning, IMO. She was simply radiant & absolutely beautiful in her wedding. I also like of Mary & Frederik's wedding. I also dont see any emotion in Kate & William's wedding. The whole thing was so boring.
lothwen
Duchess

Hello. My name is Lothwen, and I am a Harryaholic

« Reply #13 on: October 14, 2012, 02:04:57 am »

William and Kate were so boring.  Out of the more current royal weddings my favorite has to be Victoria and Daniels.  Sure, her dress wasn't super fancy, and she wasn't the "model" bride and he wasn't the "fairy tale" Prince, but they looked so happy and so much in love. 

I\\\'m not going to defend myself against these accusations of \\\"playing both sides.\\\"  If you want to know how I feel about Kate and William, read my posts.  If you want further proof, go to the \\\"other forum\\\" and read my posts there.  I have the same user name for both forums.
HC
Countess

« Reply #14 on: October 14, 2012, 05:11:29 pm »

I agree Lothwen.

But I actually had a wow experience when I saw Victorias wedding dress.

I'm thinking about the broad boatline at the neck, the broad scarf at her waist, and the train that is fastened behind the scarf.
Albany
Baroness

« Reply #15 on: October 16, 2012, 02:05:59 am »

I still love PC and Diana's wedding.

Everything about it was perfect (except, perhaps, the groom...). The music she walked down the aisle to still gives me goosebumps, and even though her dress is dated and a tad ugly in today's terms, it had a theatricality that I totally appreciated. It was just a big ol' princess dress, and I loved it in my way.

I remember really liking Letizia's wedding as well. There's something about seeing all of the Spanish royals women wearing those traditional Spanish hair combs and veils that's so fabulous. They were/are a beautiful couple, and the ceremony was wonderfully dignified.

PW and WK's ceremony was such a letdown. The dress was ugly and flacid, and I hated the music. No theatricality whatsoever. Such a disappointment. snob

"Off with their heads!" -The Queen of Hearts
dianab
Countess

« Reply #16 on: October 16, 2012, 06:58:00 pm »

Here's the wedding of Mette-Marit & Haakon
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2jIBWkDGZtw
IMO
I love as he's strong in his commitment to her, this shows in his voice, gestures & posture!! She's very shy, but their love is visible and I find the simplicity really adorable. In William & Kate wedding, so much spin they're down to earth couple, but nothing there was striking - including the love. But the boredom - typical of Windsors -, of course was very present there.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2012, 07:03:26 pm by dianab » Logged
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #17 on: October 16, 2012, 09:33:50 pm »

I didn´t see many weddings, but I saw the Cambridges. Zero emotion. William looked like "when does it finish?"

Maxima and Willem. This was emotional, holding hands and crying   sigh

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bJWD_789-OE

And the kiss was passionate. I mean kisses, it was several.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R4eJyZhzF6c

THIS IS HAPPINESS PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

berlin
Countess

« Reply #18 on: October 20, 2012, 11:08:56 pm »

I'm surprised at the DM!  Yes of course the Luxembourgish wedding was better in every way than that travesty of a British royal wedding.

A Royal wedding more spectacular than William and Kate's? Bride wears breathtaking lace to marry heir to Luxembourg throne (but maybe they should have spent more time perfecting THAT kiss)
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2220578/Prince-Guillaume-marries-Countess-Stephanie-Lannoy-Luxembourg.html
Byechoc
Countess

Nothing happens by accident. everything was a ....

« Reply #19 on: October 21, 2012, 01:06:00 am »

well I can say that I saw all weddings from crown princes except pavlos of greece...

When I saw Kate she did not make me feel that flirt for her dress... In time I can say that her lace and train was beautifull, but nothing special!! (Kate for me just wins in one thing, her wedding cake was stunning but just out inside I couldn't eat that  ick)

I didn't like Mary's dress, not her bouquet  thumbsdown (just like kate) but I loved the music she had when she walked doown the aisle... sigh

Mathilde was so shy and sweet, even more than Mette-Marit, both had great dresses but very diferent.  flirt

Sophie windsor and Victoria of sweden had mature weddings, full of joy but they didn't have glamour...  shifty

The look of love, Maxima of course, she won that one... they were deeply in love!!   loveshower

For years the best royal dress was from Letizia, for the first time I saw a dress with long sleeves perfect, and was a perfect ceremony.. Letizia was sick that day, but there are lot of moments of happiness and much more... For me was and is a mariage for love!!  loveshower sigh
But the dress that catch my eyes was charlene, this is a dress  flirt that I could dress in m wedding day, and off course all the glamour was there... The problem is... we all know she wanted to run away  and was unhappy that day  sob let's wait to see what will happen eating cookies

In life nothing happens by accident. we must remember that there are no good that lasts forever. And evil that never ends. God works in mysterious ways. So I just have to accept what happens because we do not know what we gain by things go this way. Not always what initially seems an award is the. This happens when we fall in love, when we found out a new job when a friend disappears or when someone leaves for ever.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: