Royal Gossip
June 22, 2018, 02:03:01 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 ... 36   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Sarah, Duchess of York: News and Pictures  (Read 83749 times)
india
Princess

« Reply #540 on: September 17, 2016, 09:50:20 pm »

She will never stop hanging out with her daughters and why should she?
Fly on the wall
Princess

Lady of Threads

« Reply #541 on: September 26, 2016, 01:25:07 pm »

Friends feared I would commit suicide': Sarah Ferguson reveals turmoil of her split from Prince Andrew - and how her daughters Beatrice and Eugenie made her realise 'it was important to get on'

friends feared she would commit suicide after her break-up from Prince Andrew.

The Duchess of York separated from the Prince in 1992, before their divorce was sealed in 1996.

Speaking at an event at London's China Exchange last night, she spoke of the turmoil she was thrown into after the royal couple broke up.

She said: 'There was a moment when I did not want to come out of the room. One of my good friends who was looking after me, she did think every time she came into the room that I would have committed suicide.

'It was when the world saw a huge public humiliation and I think those experiences have made me much stronger.'
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3803938/Sarah-Ferguson-tells-friends-suicide-fears-Prince-Andrew-split.html

NEVER *despise* correction,for those who correct you ,truly LOVE you .They are willing to displease you and possibly lose your friendship ,rather than see you destroyed. Those who *despise* you ,on the other hand ,will allow you to FAIL...because what do they care ?

Every praise is not good and every criticism is not evil..!
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #542 on: September 27, 2016, 08:56:09 pm »

It's been over a freaking decade, twenty years really, move on Sarah.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
india
Princess

« Reply #543 on: September 27, 2016, 09:34:25 pm »

She really does need to be quiet. She blew it. End of subject.
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #544 on: September 27, 2016, 09:52:55 pm »

When she became engaged to Andrew, she had a huge debt in her account, had little to no income (because of her constant vacationing she was barely working), and had married a man who was faithful and basically indulgent. Instead of occupying her free time constructively, she decided to overspend, chose to mess around with dozens of lovers, and basically run amok. She had the biggest chance in the world to enjoy a stable, secure marriage, but threw it away with both hands. Now she's so bitterly remorseful. When she had it, she didn't care about it.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
kolkomilko
Duchess

« Reply #545 on: September 28, 2016, 08:44:08 am »

^^ Agree.
A don't know who cares for it (or her). So annoying to see her with any invented pretext in the press.

Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #546 on: September 28, 2016, 06:44:52 pm »

I do believe that HM was mistaken in letting her keep a courtesy title. Legal procedures aside, it has prevented her from moving on and building a life of her own.

cate1949
Princess

« Reply #547 on: September 28, 2016, 10:30:07 pm »

can't stand Fergie but credit where it is due - while married to Andy she worked as an editor.  Andy had so little money she had to supplement their income and she claims she made more than him.

She also wrote those children's books which did well at the time.

That said - while I appreciate she needs constant pr because her name is her brand and how she makes money - give it a rest with her marriage to Andy.  No one cares anymore.
india
Princess

« Reply #548 on: September 28, 2016, 10:46:08 pm »

Andy has plenty of money.
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #549 on: September 28, 2016, 11:55:24 pm »

Thing is, the Windsors are richer than Croesus and frankly I don't get why Fergie wasn't given an income producing estate to occupy her time with. She had no business being left with so little to work with financially and while she made millions, the Windsors should not have been so cheap in the settlement. Frankly she had nothing, was left with little. She should have gotten at least ten million pounds and been left to make her own way. I wonder how differently she would have lived life if she had done so.

can't stand Fergie but credit where it is due - while married to Andy she worked as an editor.  Andy had so little money she had to supplement their income and she claims she made more than him.

She also wrote those children's books which did well at the time.

That said - while I appreciate she needs constant pr because her name is her brand and how she makes money - give it a rest with her marriage to Andy.  No one cares anymore.

I think her mind is broken with the possibilities she likely goes over in her mind. Those children's books were written while she was an HRH and I do think she could have become a renowned children's book writer if she had just settled down to a comfortable undemanding life and not jet setted.

cate1949
Princess

« Reply #550 on: September 30, 2016, 05:09:56 am »

at the time they divorced Andy was not wealthy - he was serving in the Navy and had only his pay.  Diana got the big settlement because Charles has  all that income from the Duchy - Andy did not have this.

I'd bet if she has gotten 10 million - she still would have blown it.
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #551 on: October 06, 2016, 10:34:06 pm »

I wonder if whether or not she's going literally insane. She keeps dredging up the past, but in more dramatic and fantastical ways and I wonder if she is going to start getting into manic phases and really acting crazy. the older she gets, the more she seems determined to be the same age as her daughters. At some point her daughters will get married and want married lives of their own, to say the least about the husbands not wanting their MIL around all the time at the house or when they go out.

leogirl
Duchess

« Reply #552 on: October 06, 2016, 11:01:04 pm »

I think a big problem for her has been lack of direction. She needs to find something productive to do with her life. Not spend money she doesn't have, and not try to get attention based on her ex husband and daughters.
kolkomilko
Duchess

« Reply #553 on: October 07, 2016, 06:35:59 am »

^^ and ^ Yes, that's true. It seems to be true, too that she older she gets all the better she moves about her daughters.
^ She has been lack of direction, so nothing keeps her busy. She should know what to do, because she is not too old for hanging around her daughters aimless.

Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #554 on: October 07, 2016, 08:23:49 am »

I wonder how things might be different if HM actually had the guts to issue an LP to remove the courtesy title from Fergie and basically reduce Fergie back to having the status as a member of the untitled gentry. It might actually end up being a huge wake up call that she needs, that she is no longer a member of the BRF and it would set a precedent that anyone who leaves the family leaves with any title they came into it with. I think the courtesy title "Duchess of York" has only kept Fergie in a kind of psychological limbo and prevented her from moving on.

meememe
Duchess

« Reply #555 on: October 07, 2016, 08:34:51 am »

There are no LPs that created Sarah - Duchess of York so there are none that could be issued to strip her - unless she were to strip Andrew of his title. Sarah's title comes from her marriage and all divorced wives are entitled to continue to use their married names - regardless of who they are - whether it is Mrs John Smith becoming Mrs Jane Smith or any other women.

She is no different to any other woman and to say she is is unfair.
leogirl
Duchess

« Reply #556 on: October 07, 2016, 11:21:23 pm »

She could still be Mrs. Mountbatten-Windsor if she insists on using her husband's name... just drop the titles because she is no longer royalty. I don't think keeping the title has done her any favors. And it would also cause confusion if Andrew were to remarry because then there would be two people with the same title. Imagine a king divorcing a queen, she keeping her title, he remarries and then there are two (or more) queens? Doesn't make sense. Yes, there can be multiple Queen Mums but that is different.
Rosella
Duchess

« Reply #557 on: October 08, 2016, 03:37:51 am »

There have been multiple Dukes, Earls etc (including the Queen's cousin the Earl of Harewood) who divorced, married again and the first wife was still Countess, Duchess etc, but with a different styling. They're addressed differently, for instance after her divorce Diana went from being the Princess of Wales to Diana, Princess of Wales. Diana's brother, Earl Spencer, has two exes still alive who were entitled to be Countess Spencer until they remarried.

Under British law wives are entitled to keep their married name until they themselves remarry, if they ever do. It's no different to Mrs Smith or Mrs Jones remaining Mrs Smith or Mrs Jones thirty or more years after their divorce if they want to. Some women don't want that and change back to their maiden names, of course.

I'd say Sarah doesn't want to be anything other than Sarah Duchess of York because it helps with her commercial activities in the US where some still regard her as a member of the BRF. She isn't, but it still doesn't change the fact that she is entitled, under the law, to be Sarah, Duchess of York until the day she dies if she doesn't remarry, (and I don't think she will.)
« Last Edit: October 08, 2016, 03:40:08 am by Rosella » Logged
Little light
Countess

« Reply #558 on: October 08, 2016, 01:43:02 pm »

I don't think she will either.

She likes the title too much, plus the lifestyle she has acquired because of her association with the BRF.
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #559 on: October 10, 2016, 06:53:18 am »

PLATELL'S PEOPLE: Why Fergie is a national disgrace and should hang her head in shame
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/article-3828016/PLATELL-S-PEOPLE-Fergie-national-disgrace-hang-head-shame.html#ixzz4MeuSeAg8

Pages: 1 ... 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 ... 36   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: