Royal Gossip
May 23, 2017, 02:18:10 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: C & C visit New Zealand + Australia  (Read 7464 times)
sandy
Princess

« Reply #20 on: November 06, 2012, 11:38:08 pm »

I don't see Camlla as radiant. She looks the same but her face looks like she had a chemical peeling to try to restore her complexion. Her skin looks moist. He looks old and gnome like.
meememe
Duchess

« Reply #21 on: November 07, 2012, 10:56:13 am »

Charles has had the sausage fingers all his life - Queen Mary even commented on them when he was born.

As for the red face - he has a condition that causes that (Harry has the same condition).
Snokitty
Princess

« Reply #22 on: November 07, 2012, 12:28:13 pm »

It is not just the fingers being fat. Look closely and you can see the circulation in them is pretty bad.
Freya
Duchess

« Reply #23 on: November 07, 2012, 01:28:20 pm »

^
He has got sausage fingers but they are very swollen at the moment as the skin looks stretched. He does not look the picture of health.
meememe
Duchess

« Reply #24 on: November 07, 2012, 08:04:58 pm »

They look the same to me as they have looked whenever I have seen photos of them, with similar questions, over the last 40+ years.
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #25 on: November 07, 2012, 09:10:34 pm »

Duchess Dolittle: Charles talks to plants, but as Camilla cuddles a baby kangaroo in Oz, she proves she's got the animal magic
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2228988/Duchess-Dolittle-Charles-talks-plants-Camilla-cuddles-baby-kangaroo-Oz-shes-got-animal-magic.html

Now Charles is holding animals: The Prince gets to grips with a rather troublesome koala on tour of Australia
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2229127/Prince-Charles-gets-grips-troublesome-koala-tour-Australia.html

“Three things are to be looked to in a building: that it stand on the right spot, that it be securely founded, that it be successfully executed.” ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #26 on: November 11, 2012, 09:07:20 pm »

Why Australia fell for the Duchess of Cornwall

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/prince-charles/9668875/Why-Australia-fell-for-the-Duchess-of-Cornwall.html

“Three things are to be looked to in a building: that it stand on the right spot, that it be securely founded, that it be successfully executed.” ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
sandy
Princess

« Reply #27 on: November 12, 2012, 02:17:17 pm »

Another writer bucking for  a future knightood. The trouble with Camilla is not her  hair but her checkered past. Treacly and nauseating drivel.
Snokitty
Princess

« Reply #28 on: November 12, 2012, 02:29:13 pm »

http://www.standard.co.uk/news/uk/republican-74-arrested-for-plan-to-attack-prince-charles-in-new-zealand-8306508.html
When the royal couple arrived they made their way along the crowds shaking hands and a small group of protesters could be seen holding up placards.

One read "Get a Job Royal Bludgers" - New Zealand slang for someone who avoids work.

A statement on the New Zealand Police website said the man from the Mangere suburb of Auckland was arrested at 12.40pm - around 50 minutes before the royal couple arrived.

It added: "He will appear in the Auckland District Court tomorrow charged with preparing to commit a crime, namely assault.

"Arresting officers had identified the man as a known anti-royalist who was, when arrested, at a royal itinerary venue although neither of the royal visitors was in the vicinity at the time."

The Prince and Duchess are on a seven-day Diamond Jubilee tour of New Zealand.

I suppose when it comes to the royals now it will be against the law to not like them. I thought one had to actually commit a crime first I guess I was wrong.   dontknow
meememe
Duchess

« Reply #29 on: November 12, 2012, 08:15:52 pm »

Well if someone only makes a threat and nothing is done about the threat and then that threat is carried out people will say 'why didn't the police stop this from happening?'

Making a threat 'or inciting to violence' is a crime in many countries (maybe not where you come from).
Snokitty
Princess

« Reply #30 on: November 12, 2012, 08:35:09 pm »

The article does not say the man made any threats. He is an anti-royalists which wasn't a crime the last time I checked and he had the royal itinerary which is also not a crime.

Protesting is also not a crime in the Western world unless they changed the laws to accommodate the Prince and his Mistress.
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #31 on: November 14, 2012, 06:24:27 pm »

http://www.gettyimages.es/Search/Search.aspx?EventId=155458565&EditorialProduct=Royalty

meememe
Duchess

« Reply #32 on: November 14, 2012, 08:08:18 pm »

The article does not say the man made any threats. He is an anti-royalists which wasn't a crime the last time I checked and he had the royal itinerary which is also not a crime.

Protesting is also not a crime in the Western world unless they changed the laws to accommodate the Prince and his Mistress.

Other articles said he was going to throw horse manure all over them - that is assault.

The police acted pro-actively not re-actively.
Jane23
Princess

« Reply #33 on: November 14, 2012, 09:35:54 pm »

She is his wife laundry and I didn't know police had to ignore a threat to a Head of State just because some don't like him  shifty.
Spice
Countess

William and Lupo: the real royal love match

« Reply #34 on: November 14, 2012, 11:48:18 pm »

^He's not our head of state yet.  Many here don't want him to be, either.  But yes he is entitled to police protection like any other vip travelling as a guest of our govt.  If the police had adequate evidence that he was planning to assault them, then fine.  Otherwise it is OTT, IMO.

Citizen not subject - I support the Republic UK and Republic NZ campaigns for system reform.
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #35 on: November 14, 2012, 11:51:34 pm »

hey Spice have you go to see the couple in NZ?

Spice
Countess

William and Lupo: the real royal love match

« Reply #36 on: November 14, 2012, 11:59:48 pm »

^I was planning to, but then decided I couldn't stomach seeing them in person.  I am finding the media coverage of the tour so sickening... our Prime Minister drooling over them, claiming that most people support the monarchy... what rubbish.  NZ taxpayers are paying all their tour costs but the govt is keeping the amount secret... PM also having secret meeting with him... I'm disgusted that he has such access to our govt and can pressure/influence them as he pleases without any accountability to NZ citizens.  It's a disgrace.  I wish someone had been able to protest and show the world we are not all sycophants.  I don't support the idea of anyone assaulting them, of  course (someone here threw an egg at the Queen in the 1980s) but I would have liked to see some coverage of peaceful protest.  The next stop in the tour is Christchurch, which is probably the most "loyal"/royalist part of the country. 

Citizen not subject - I support the Republic UK and Republic NZ campaigns for system reform.
Jane23
Princess

« Reply #37 on: November 15, 2012, 12:28:52 pm »

He is Prince of Wales so of course he is a head of State  shifty

Wales Listeni/ˈweɪlz/ (Welsh: Cymru; Welsh pronunciation: [ˈkəm.rɨ] ( listen)) is a country that is part of the United Kingdom and the island of Great Britain,[2] bordered by England to its east and the Atlantic Ocean and Irish Sea to its west. It had a population in 2011 of 3,064,000, and has a total area of 20,779 km2 (8,023 sq mi). Wales has over 1,200 km (750 mi) of coastline, and is largely mountainous, with its highest peaks in the north and central areas, including Snowdon (Yr Wyddfa), its highest summit. The country lies within the north temperate zone, and has a changeable, maritime climate.

Although Wales shares a close political and social history with the rest of Great Britain, and almost everyone speaks English, the country has retained a distinct cultural identity and is officially bilingual. Over 580,000 Welsh language speakers live in Wales, where it is spoken by a majority of the population in parts of the north and west. From the late 19th century onwards, Wales acquired its popular image as the "land of song", attributable in part to the eisteddfod tradition. At international sporting events, such as the FIFA World Cup, Rugby World Cup and the Commonwealth Games, Wales is represented by national teams, though at the Olympic Games, Welsh athletes compete as part of a Great Britain team. Rugby union is seen as a symbol of Welsh identity and an expression of national consciousness.

Wales is a country that is part of the United Kingdom.[2][99] Constitutionally, the UK is a de jure, unitary state, its parliament and government in Westminster. In the House of Commons – the lower house of the UK government – Wales is represented by 40 MPs (of 650) from Welsh constituencies. Labour MPs hold 26 of the 40 seats, the Liberal Democrats hold three seats, Plaid Cymru, three and the Conservatives, eight. A Secretary of State for Wales sits in the UK cabinet and is responsible for representing matters pertaining to Wales. The Wales Office is a department of the United Kingdom government, responsible for Wales. Cheryl Gillan has been Secretary of State for Wales since 12 May 2010, replacing Peter Hain of the previous Labour administration. Gillan was appointed to the new Conservative-Liberal Democrat coalition Westminster government following the United Kingdom general election of 2010.[100]

The Flag of Wales incorporates the red dragon (Y Ddraig Goch) of Prince Cadwalader along with the Tudor colours of green and white.[318] It was used by Henry VII at the Battle of Bosworth in 1485 after which it was carried in state to St. Paul's Cathedral.[318] The red dragon was then included in the Tudor royal arms to signify their Welsh descent. It was officially recognised as the Welsh national flag in 1959.[319] The British Union Flag incorporates the flags of Scotland, Ireland and England, but has no Welsh representation. Technically it is represented by the flag of England, as the Laws in Wales act of 1535 annexed Wales to England, following the 13th-century conquest.

The Prince of Wales' heraldic badge is also sometimes used to symbolise Wales. The badge, known as the Prince of Wales's feathers, consists of three white feathers emerging from a gold coronet. A ribbon below the coronet bears the German motto Ich dien (I serve). Several Welsh representative teams, including the Welsh rugby union, and Welsh regiments in the British Army (the Royal Welsh, for example) use the badge, or a stylised version of it. The Prince of Wales has claimed that only he has the authority to use the symbol.[321]

"Hen Wlad fy Nhadau" (English: Land of My Fathers) is the National Anthem of Wales, and is played at events such as football or rugby matches involving the Wales national team as well as the opening of the Welsh Assembly and other official occasions.[322][323] "God Save the Queen", the national anthem of the United Kingdom, is sometimes played alongside Hen Wlad fy Nhadau during official events with a royal connection.[324]
Snokitty
Princess

« Reply #38 on: November 15, 2012, 02:41:02 pm »

Wales is a country that is part of the United Kingdom

The Queen is the Head of State. 
Jane23
Princess

« Reply #39 on: November 15, 2012, 05:57:49 pm »

^ Who crowned him Prince of Wales ...anyways it depends on whenever you consider Wales a State which personally I do...
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: