Royal Gossip
December 13, 2018, 12:28:37 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 38 39 40 [41] 42   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Scandal: Kate topless III  (Read 155556 times)
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #800 on: September 05, 2017, 12:43:15 am »

I think a win will just make things impossible for the House of Windsor; this is also political since it challenges the autonomy of French law. A British couple is prosecuting a pair of French citizens and I don't believe Kate has testified in her own defense or shared her view in a courtroom. I do not know the details of French judicial law, but I do know that Kate hasn't been to an French courtrooms to give her view. If you throw in the fact that Kate is now a British royal by marriage, this is just another example of a royal pushing another government around. That is not good for relations and against the POINT of the BRF, which is to promote and sustain relations.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
HRHOlya
Duchess

« Reply #801 on: September 05, 2017, 01:32:57 pm »

"A French court has awarded the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge £92,000 for the 'hurt and upset' caused by publication of topless pix of Kate."

https://twitter.com/RE_DailyMail/status/905044013962731521

"It's one of he highest ever amounts awarded in a French privacy case but a fraction of the £1.3 million they asked for from Closer magazine."

https://twitter.com/RE_DailyMail/status/905044305991147520

"That said Kensington Palace have always said this privacy case was never about money, but a point of principle."
[Then they should give the whole sum to one of their charities, or split the sum between charities; no general "given to charities" bs like with his "salary"]
https://twitter.com/RE_DailyMail/status/905044597277110272

"I was with them when the story broke and there was no doubt how utterly furious Prince William was. He could barely hide his anger."
[Bill being furious, what a surprise]
https://twitter.com/RE_DailyMail/status/905044773387603968

----
PS

BREAKING NEWS: French magazine is ordered to pay the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge 103,000 euros in damages for publishing topless photographs of Kate Middleton

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4854052/Magazine-ordered-pay-100-000-euros-Kate-pictures.html
« Last Edit: September 05, 2017, 01:35:12 pm by HRHOlya » Logged
Rosella
Duchess

« Reply #802 on: September 05, 2017, 01:37:26 pm »

^ I think it's about 103,000 euros isn't it? That's a huge whack for a magazine to have to fork out. However privacy laws are draconian in France and I guess this shows it.
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #803 on: September 05, 2017, 01:38:31 pm »

They are draconian in the whole Europe. Caroline won for photos where she was skiing. It was vey likely that they would win.

“Three things are to be looked to in a building: that it stand on the right spot, that it be securely founded, that it be successfully executed.” ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
sandy
Princess

« Reply #804 on: September 05, 2017, 02:19:47 pm »

Are they going to give the money to charity? The comments section raves about Will "donating his salary" how pathetic
gingerboy24
Princess

« Reply #805 on: September 05, 2017, 04:41:59 pm »

Pebble in the ocean compared to the million plus they were asking for.  Greedy to the bitter end those two.  So pleased they did not get what they wanted, more of a token gesture to keep both sides happy IMO.  103,000 euros is not a lot for Closer to lose compared to what it could have been.
HRHOlya
Duchess

« Reply #806 on: September 05, 2017, 05:20:12 pm »

I'm glad they received c 10% of what they wanted. Nothing would be better, but better this way than if they got what they fancily wished for.
I think the amount will cover the lengthy court costs (lawyers etc, because after it went all up in flames in 2012 the law firm quit their pro bono stuff on them. and anyway, pro bono for one of the richest families? give me a break), so they're back to 0 technically imo.

It's also on record now that they sunbathed naked in view of the public.
Lindsay
Baroness

« Reply #807 on: September 05, 2017, 05:25:39 pm »

^ Don't forget the most important part: while they should have been at the ParaOlympics, cheering them on as they did the other Olympians or at least not lying and been buckling down to make sure they were prepared for their international tour  easter-lol
india
Princess

« Reply #808 on: September 05, 2017, 09:29:35 pm »

^ That's the whole thing: They Lied About What They Were Doing To Get Out Of Going To The ParaOlympics.  The lying pair was literally caught with their pants down or not on. Hideous sneaky Sl*me Buckets.
meememe
Duchess

« Reply #809 on: September 05, 2017, 09:51:14 pm »

I am not so convinced that they were there when they should have been at the Paralympics simply because if the photos were taken on one of those days then that would have been used as part of the defence and it wasn't.

My information is that they went back to Wales for a few days while the Paralympics were on and the day after they ended they went to France and the photos were taken the next day - in other words two days after the Games actually ended.

They were always going to win this case - and don't forget that the magazine and the photographers have been individually fined as well - because they did breach French privacy laws. Many celebrities have also won such cases in France - starting with Caroline of Monaco.
HRHOlya
Duchess

« Reply #810 on: September 05, 2017, 10:19:12 pm »

^ I can believe that, otherwise as you say, skipping the paralympics would have been used in court and should have made headlines.
Though technically we haven't heard much of what went on inside, or did I miss that?
sandy
Princess

« Reply #811 on: September 06, 2017, 12:00:50 am »

They are known to make things up. I remember that the story was that William did not attend Wimbledon because he had "military duty." It turned out he and Harry went away on a hunting weekend. It only came out later.
YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #812 on: September 06, 2017, 12:51:23 am »

Are appeals the norm in French civil courts?  In civil cases, it's always appealed in the US no matter which side "wins".

\\\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\\\"  Thomas Jefferson
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #813 on: September 06, 2017, 01:13:39 am »

Soon we'll be hearing about the trial of those photographers.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
meememe
Duchess

« Reply #814 on: September 06, 2017, 04:33:53 am »

The photographers have been fined along with the magazine. This was the trial for both as far as I can ascertain.

The photographers and magazine people can appeal - but they run the risk of the penalty being raised.
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #815 on: September 06, 2017, 04:46:21 am »

You know, now Kate can't take any more action against anyone; it's on record that the tart exposed herself to the public and that each time she sues the press, the public will be reminded again and again that she was naked in public before and therefore can't shriek about modesty or whatever it is she uses. Any lawyer can dredge up her entire unsavory past and spread it out for review nonstop until Kate loses what little threads of modesty and dignity she has left. I am certain that she'll end up being unable to shriek about privacy being invaded, or anything else. Also, the press will likely turn on her completely once she is caught out again.

Val
Princess

« Reply #816 on: September 06, 2017, 08:28:31 am »

A poster said that the defence should have produced a file of her many crotch and topless shots which are everywhere.  Another said that someone who ensnared Willy prancing around in her underwear isn't exactly modest.  An ex Marlborough student said she was renowned for mooning at her dorm window.  Some potential queen consort.
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #817 on: September 06, 2017, 08:34:50 am »

I am glad the photographers won't be getting jail time and they will not at all be getting career ending sentences. She's gained nothing and from here on out, the press will not leave her alone. The foreign press won't care about the dignity of the moment, this time they WILL work to get a shot of her privy parts and they will antagonize her all the time. She will not be able to handle all that they will have to dish out. A pointless waste of time and money and I wish the defense had been able to cross examine the Duchess in the stand. Someone being prosecuted while the plaintiff is in abstention leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

meememe
Duchess

« Reply #818 on: September 06, 2017, 09:50:09 am »

They gained a great deal - a court order saying that taking photos even from a distance is unacceptable anywhere in Europe. This has set the precedent to give them a degree of privacy.
india
Princess

« Reply #819 on: September 06, 2017, 12:29:52 pm »

Willy Boy and His Potato Head are a lying pair of losers. They do not deserve any privacy for all that they have done.
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 40 [41] 42   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: