Royal Gossip
December 18, 2018, 11:46:03 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Diana and Sophie Lunch  (Read 15003 times)
YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #60 on: February 02, 2013, 03:18:34 am »

As I said black and white views, they go both way's of course you got a point there snokitty. easter-wink
I'm neither pro nore anti Charles, really they (Diana Charles and Camilla) are the generation past in my eyes: they are old and have little influence on the potential future (Charles f*cked things up so badly he will barley be able to breath out loud as king anyway so..)
Unlike William and Harry age group who have a few more decades to either repeat the past and screw up totally or make the best out of what was given to them. They are more interesting for me to watch and discuss
I guess it's a age thing I just don't care to much about C&C&D to get riled up about their past shenanigans, whether true or fictive! dontknow

\\\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\\\"  Thomas Jefferson
Snokitty
Princess

« Reply #61 on: February 02, 2013, 03:21:45 am »

I understand but for the story to have so many details while moving from place to place around the palace either someone was embellishing or someone was following everyone around at the same time.   dontknow
YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #62 on: February 02, 2013, 03:27:49 am »

Méh you know how I see things in this case?
Could be true, could be urban legend.
Don't know and right now I'm to tiered to care... Cool chill
I'm off to bed, see ya tomorrow I guess! Hi  Kiss

\\\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\\\"  Thomas Jefferson
Snokitty
Princess

« Reply #63 on: February 02, 2013, 03:30:01 am »

Have a good rest because in the big scheme of things this story doesn't really matter one way or the other now.
sandy
Princess

« Reply #64 on: February 02, 2013, 02:52:50 pm »

Yup a few ppl out there in the internet communities seem to have rusted into a very clichée black and white view on things: whatever Charles does = always bad and dodgy, whatever Diana once did = pure and kind.
I did read some of those bloggers comments jeez!  blink
and some say we in here towards Kate are a harsh negative and bitter bunch of envious gals pah! compared to these bloggers we're sweet choir boy's!

But back on topic: in the case of the lunch story I guess we'll never truly know but I'm keeping an open mind
Is it possible Diana behaved like an utter b*tch towards Sophie during that meeting? sure it could be, but it could also be a figment of some staff members imagination that has grown into a bigger story each time it was retold like with Chinese whispers.

SOphie is not all sweetness and light--she did disparage Diana, Camilla and Charles to the Fake Sheikh. Even saying that C and C were the most loathed in the country and also put down Diana. IT could also apply to having SOphie the Angel and Diana the Devil.

There are authors who take dramatic license and embellish or retell stories they heard happened. ONe for example is Christopher Anderson who appears to know word for word what royals say to each other without being there.
Jane23
Princess

« Reply #65 on: February 02, 2013, 03:36:47 pm »

^ However it seems Di wasn't nice to her when they first met so I don't see why it should be sun shine and rainbows when Sophie talks about her  dontknow I don't blame Sophie I blame Di for being a witch to her  dontknow.
serene grace
Princess

Appointed Moderator

« Reply #66 on: February 02, 2013, 04:41:54 pm »

"Sophie" is "not" the person who told the lunch story, she went home and sucked it up and sent Diana a peace offering of friendship the next day or week, because she was supposedly befuddled why Diana seemed "supposedly" irritated by her.  Judy Wade discussed the Lunch story and supposedly she got it from someone who talked to Diana. Also Andrew Morton was still very much in contact with Diana at that point.

To say that Sophie put the lunch story out to those journos is just not true, but I do believe that Tiggey Legge Bourke(PW&PH's former nanny) heard the story from someone on the inside, who was there(maybe Sophie) because she totally befriended Sophie more after that, she supposedly took to Sophie, and helped her on how to steer clear of Diana's bad side,since Tiggey herself had been on the end of Diana's words, when Diana walked up to her at a gathering of some kind in front of everyone and said sorry about the "baby" , insinuating that Tiggey had got pregnant by Charles and had an abortion!. (and Tiggey was so angry she was ready to sue Diana, but that was not something she wanted to do, but still the incident hurt Tiggey so much that she never dealt with Di again.)

Sophie's lunch is not the only time where it's been rumoured reported that Diana had a 'attitude' with a new woman n the scene.
 It was reported in several of the tabloids at the time that she treated JFK Jr's wife Carolyn Bessette with an 'attitude' at the Gianni Versace funeral for no reason,(but Carolyn was the new press darling on the world scene) Diana didn't even know her,but she immediately played a game of one-up-manship, at the service, there was something about the seating and then  Di supposedly later told people(Elton and other's) Carolyn wasn't that pretty, so she didn't know what JFK Jr. saw. That was just plain b!tchy "if" she said it, sorry but Diana is a amazing woman and her contributions to the world on several levels can not be denied, but sometimes Diana could be a straight up ......... tchy and I absolutely adore Diana, but she was not always sweetness and sugar.

Sophie didn't disparage Di in the Fake Sheik scandal,when the real trancripts were printed she never even said it,  but, she did say Camilla and Charles were the most unpopular in the Country, that was true. Also all she said about the Queen Mum was she was an old dear, that is hardly an insult.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2013, 04:49:45 pm by serene grace » Logged

[/URL]
Snokitty
Princess

« Reply #67 on: February 02, 2013, 08:05:48 pm »

If Diana was so jealous of another female getting press attention then why was Diana herself trying to get away fro the press?

I wouldn't believe anything Tiggy said about Diana because of who was employing her which is a good indication of her allegiances.
berlin
Countess

« Reply #68 on: February 04, 2013, 02:22:11 am »

Did Sophie's peace offering work with Diana? 
serene grace
Princess

Appointed Moderator

« Reply #69 on: February 04, 2013, 07:36:51 am »

No.

...but in Diana's defense she was wary of people trying to use her and maybe she didn't know what to think. 

[/URL]
sandy
Princess

« Reply #70 on: February 04, 2013, 03:07:25 pm »

"Sophie" is "not" the person who told the lunch story, she went home and sucked it up and sent Diana a peace offering of friendship the next day or week, because she was supposedly befuddled why Diana seemed "supposedly" irritated by her.  Judy Wade discussed the Lunch story and supposedly she got it from someone who talked to Diana. Also Andrew Morton was still very much in contact with Diana at that point.

To say that Sophie put the lunch story out to those journos is just not true, but I do believe that Tiggey Legge Bourke(PW&PH's former nanny) heard the story from someone on the inside, who was there(maybe Sophie) because she totally befriended Sophie more after that, she supposedly took to Sophie, and helped her on how to steer clear of Diana's bad side,since Tiggey herself had been on the end of Diana's words, when Diana walked up to her at a gathering of some kind in front of everyone and said sorry about the "baby" , insinuating that Tiggey had got pregnant by Charles and had an abortion!. (and Tiggey was so angry she was ready to sue Diana, but that was not something she wanted to do, but still the incident hurt Tiggey so much that she never dealt with Di again.)

Sophie's lunch is not the only time where it's been rumoured reported that Diana had a 'attitude' with a new woman n the scene.
 It was reported in several of the tabloids at the time that she treated JFK Jr's wife Carolyn Bessette with an 'attitude' at the Gianni Versace funeral for no reason,(but Carolyn was the new press darling on the world scene) Diana didn't even know her,but she immediately played a game of one-up-manship, at the service, there was something about the seating and then  Di supposedly later told people(Elton and other's) Carolyn wasn't that pretty, so she didn't know what JFK Jr. saw. That was just plain b!tchy "if" she said it, sorry but Diana is a amazing woman and her contributions to the world on several levels can not be denied, but sometimes Diana could be a straight up ......... tchy and I absolutely adore Diana, but she was not always sweetness and sugar.

Sophie didn't disparage Di in the Fake Sheik scandal,when the real trancripts were printed she never even said it,  but, she did say Camilla and Charles were the most unpopular in the Country, that was true. Also all she said about the Queen Mum was she was an old dear, that is hardly an insult.

She did disparage Diana she said that "things came out about Diana" after her death to show she was not that "good". I can look it up.

I am in the U.S. and I never read about Diana trying to disparage Carolyn. I read that Diana and Fergie had fantasies about JFK Jr and Simone claimed Diana slept with JFK Jr (Something refuted by Jephson who was with Diana at the time she was supposed to be alone with JFK Jr). 

I blame Charles more than Tiggy for the feud between Diana and Tiggy. I think Tiggy had a huge crush on Charles and Charles exploited this (he probably was flattered) and I think behaved inappropriately with Tiggy. Tiggy was either clueless or deliberately nasty (only she knows) when she criticized Diana's mothering skills in public.  And talked about "her boys." Diana was concerned about losing custody and Tiggy went for her Achilles heel which was losing custody of her sons. Charles had photo ops with Tiggy and the boys which IMO screamed We don't need you.

Diana was no saint and was hurt and lashed out. I see her as human not some monster some posters want her to be.
sandy
Princess

« Reply #71 on: February 04, 2013, 03:15:44 pm »

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-35008/Queen-outraged-Sophie-comments.html#axzz2JwZUmEjA

Report about Sophie slamming Diana
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: