Royal Gossip
August 16, 2017, 06:28:15 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Princess Raghnild has died at 82  (Read 2816 times)
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« on: September 16, 2012, 05:36:50 pm »

newsinenglish.no ‏@norwaynews
Norway's princess Ragnhild passed away on Sunday, the royal palace said. She was 82, and the oldest of king Harald's two sisters. #Norway

RIP

“Three things are to be looked to in a building: that it stand on the right spot, that it be securely founded, that it be successfully executed.” ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
MOSAIC
Duchess

« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2012, 06:37:56 pm »

Very great lady, - may she rest in peace.
YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2012, 06:59:36 pm »

\\\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\\\"  Thomas Jefferson
berlin
Countess

« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2012, 02:36:47 am »

So sad to hear.  I hope she will get a proper funeral attended by all the family.
serene grace
Princess

Appointed Moderator

« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2012, 05:18:39 pm »

I saw this news at the checkout stand in the market today when I was shopping here in Oslo.

She created controversy in 2004 when she went on Norwegian TV and criticized her royal niece and nephew’s choice of spouses.

“They have or have had bad advisers,” Ragnhild said of Princess Martha Louise and Crown Prince Haakon. She never made it secret that she thought the Crown Prince made the wrong choice in choosing to marry Mette-Marit Tjessem Høiby, who had a child out of wedlock from a previous relationship.

http://www.royaltyinthenews.com/2012/09/16/princess-ragnhild-of-norway-dies/

She was very direct in her opinions on the choice of spouses for Haakon and Martha Louise.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2012, 05:20:35 pm by serene grace » Logged

[/URL]
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2012, 06:37:43 pm »

Oh Serene I had forgot who Ragnhild was... she married a commoner and I think she had to lose her princess status and then her husband had a second family or somthing like that. She is very bitter although her opinions about the marriages is correct imo.

“Three things are to be looked to in a building: that it stand on the right spot, that it be securely founded, that it be successfully executed.” ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
serene grace
Princess

Appointed Moderator

« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2012, 07:18:25 pm »

thumbsup I agree.

[/URL]
berlin
Countess

« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2012, 07:39:54 pm »

As much as I like MM, I totally supported Raghnild's opinions on both the marriages.  I *despise* the backlash she received and I'm glad she's having a funeral at the Palace Chapel in Norway, so it looks like she's getting the honor she deserved. 
serene grace
Princess

Appointed Moderator

« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2012, 11:36:50 am »

w
« Last Edit: September 28, 2012, 11:48:46 am by serene grace » Logged

[/URL]
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #9 on: September 28, 2012, 05:14:45 pm »

http://www.vg.no/bildespesial/spesial.php?id=9296

serene grace
Princess

Appointed Moderator

« Reply #10 on: September 28, 2012, 05:27:40 pm »

A long full life, it's nice to see her honored with dignity.

[/URL]
berlin
Countess

« Reply #11 on: September 28, 2012, 06:17:28 pm »

Yep I was glad to see that too. 
FrederickLouis
courtier

« Reply #12 on: December 30, 2016, 01:21:29 am »

Princess Raghnild was the first Norwegian Princess to be born on Norway's soil for 629 years.   
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TL9Zt3iE6zw   bye bye bye
Kuei Fei
Princess

Moderator/I'm so royal I piss blue

« Reply #13 on: December 30, 2016, 02:04:48 am »

As much as I like MM, I totally supported Raghnild's opinions on both the marriages.  I *despise* the backlash she received and I'm glad she's having a funeral at the Palace Chapel in Norway, so it looks like she's getting the honor she deserved. 

Mette was never suitable and Raghnild was right about Mette; she never should have been so abused by our politically correct culture and frankly I hope she rests in peace. She didn't say anything other than the truth as she saw it and frankly I don't believe that there should ever have been a CP Mette-Marit.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: