Royal Gossip
October 20, 2018, 10:08:48 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Did Diana have any allies within the Royal Family  (Read 10253 times)
mrharrywales
Countess

Harryite #24

« Reply #40 on: September 12, 2012, 01:58:48 am »

^ Really???  I thought Fergie was the only one that Diana could trust - gosh, I haven't read Starkey's account, will put it on my 'to read' list.   thumbsup

I just don't get this animosity toward Diana, after all, on entry to the RF she did what was asked of her - worked hard, delivered to them two healthy babies.  I don't get that Kate is revered by the RF but Diana was reviled.

I think Di had pretty much HM as an ally before she started having problems with Charles, I also think that Andrew and Edward were friendly with her, but not close tho.
After she started talking to the press about her marriage, they all got protective of Charles and mostly the family image that everyone turned their backs to her, and then, other than her children she had no one in the RF.

I also think that Kate is not revered by the BRF at all.
By some people's actions I don't think many of them like her... not even a little bit, but they just put up with her when they are on the public's eyes.

Don't worry, be Harry
Keep calm and Harry on
What happens in Vegas, not always stays in Vegas
Freya
Duchess

« Reply #41 on: September 12, 2012, 02:09:24 am »

I was thinking about the box with the mysterious missing contents. In that box there was a tape containing very sensitive information. It concerned a valet that was allegedly raped. The information in on Wikipedia under George Smith Royal Valet. I was aware of this tape but not all that it contained including who the alleged rapist was.

What I did not know was that George Smith died aged 44 of unknown causes. I have not known that expression used before unless the family have not put that information into the public domain and the media have used the term "unknown causes" because they do not know the cause of death.
Spice
Countess

William and Lupo: the real royal love match

« Reply #42 on: September 12, 2012, 10:34:50 am »

After the Panorama interview she was hated by everyone ...forget the airing her dirty laundry to strangers  bignono it was the "They were jealous of me" and "Queen in people's heart" that did it!!!

Just to clarify, are you meaning she was hated by everyone in the family, or everyone in general, ie the public?  If you meant the public, then I disagree that she was hated after the interview - she gained a lot of public sympathy doing it.

Citizen not subject - I support the Republic UK and Republic NZ campaigns for system reform.
Jane23
Princess

« Reply #43 on: September 12, 2012, 11:53:43 am »

^ The family of course we are talking about the family.
Cressida
Baroness

« Reply #44 on: September 12, 2012, 12:02:33 pm »

Fergie shot herself in the foot really (as usual) because when she came on the scene she was a bit hit with the family who liked her energy, love for outdoor activity etc. If she had stayed like that she would have been fine. But she insisted on trying to look like Diana, became very jealous of her, spent far too much money and started behaving outrageously with other men far too openly. She was her own worst enemy and I think they just ejected her in the end because she was so embarrassing.

Diana did have reasonably relationships with the family but don't forget she became terribly depressed and isolated. They just didn't understand - and that family are not like any other family - they all live very separate lives and communicate through secretaries. She was on her own and probably felt very out of her depth.

Mooster
Duchess

"William, stop worrying...the paps wouldn't dare!"

« Reply #45 on: September 12, 2012, 12:32:56 pm »

^
she insisted on trying to look like Diana, became very jealous of her, spent far too much money and started behaving outrageously with other men far too openly

A bit off topic I know, but this could be Kate if a new, more glamorous and popular female enters the RF  blink

Diana, Zac, Jemima, Ben and Sir James Goldsmith    

Freya
Duchess

« Reply #46 on: September 12, 2012, 01:05:06 pm »

thumbsup  Yes Mooster, I can see that happening. She has created this fake image and now she is defined by her looks and what she wears. There is bound to be an issue if a prettier girl comes along as that is the only way she can compete.
Mooster
Duchess

« Reply #47 on: September 12, 2012, 08:48:48 pm »

Because he is so like her, I wonder if they are reminded of Diana every time they look at William.  It doesn't seem to have affected how HM feels about him because I can't help noticing that the Queen seems to adore Prince William...her face lights up every time she sees him - I have never seen her look that way at Harry. 

sandy
Princess

« Reply #48 on: September 12, 2012, 09:01:59 pm »

That's odd re: the Queen because Harry looks a lot like Philip--around the eyes especially.  I t hink the Queen looks the most "adoringly" at her second son Andrew. There are pics to that effect.
Mooster
Duchess

« Reply #49 on: September 12, 2012, 09:09:48 pm »

I have read that Andrew is her 'favourite' son - maybe, reminding her of good times with Porchester.  There are also pics/vids where I've visibly seen her light up around William - two occasions immediately come to mind - Will's passing out parade; Jubilee tour when she alighted from the train and saw William waiting for her.

mrharrywales
Countess

Harryite #24

« Reply #50 on: September 13, 2012, 02:30:11 am »

^ Can you post this video here please?

I'd like to see it (the jubilee one)

Don't worry, be Harry
Keep calm and Harry on
What happens in Vegas, not always stays in Vegas
Mooster
Duchess

« Reply #51 on: September 13, 2012, 02:36:39 am »

^ I'll try and find it, it was really rather sweet  thumbsup

Here it is:

http://www.reuters.com/video/2012/06/13/queen-william-and-kate-visit-nottingham?videoId=235960651

She spots William and walks towards him beaming, then she kisses Kate and looks back at William and shrugs up her little shoulders in delight.  I adored it the first time round, and watching it again it is still charming  flirt
« Last Edit: September 13, 2012, 02:43:41 am by Mooster » Logged

Cressida
Baroness

« Reply #52 on: September 13, 2012, 04:04:36 pm »

That's so cute!!! I love her little shoulder shrug and grin - bless!

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: