Royal Gossip
April 20, 2019, 05:53:31 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 26 27 28 [29] 30   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Transition to Charles' Reign  (Read 50070 times)
cate1949
Princess

« Reply #560 on: October 08, 2014, 07:10:03 am »

well it is not a surprise this guy left - he was going to leave last year but Charles persuaded him to stay another year - it is no secret that working for the royals is a stepping stone into other career ops and it seems he is moving on to a better job  that said - I'd think working in that pressure cooker can be pretty stressful.

As for Camilla - I'd bet she will be Queen if for no other reason than royal protocol - it would not do to have her ranked lower than the Queen consorts on the continent - which she would be as a "Princess consort".  Plus lower rank for her - in an unprecedented way - would always draw attention to the how of their marriage - so I bet she becomes a Queen consort unless the law is changed so that all consorts are "Prince" or "Princess".
Freya
Duchess

« Reply #561 on: October 08, 2014, 10:54:22 am »

^
I agree but I would say that whilst many people in the UK don't like what she did to Diana many are past caring. They are getting older and are viewed as quite old by the younger generation.

When Elizabeth 11 eventually proves mortal (which will be a sad day of the UK), I can see a rocky ride for Charles and Camilla. The public will not want to see an expensive coronation. I get the impression that Charles will be like a woman that gets married later on in life but still wants the big wedding. That will not go down well unless there is some kind of payback in tourism and nick-nack sales. Party Pieces will go into overdrive. 
sandy
Princess

« Reply #562 on: October 08, 2014, 02:42:58 pm »

Camilla will always have a checkered past. Diana is not exactly ancient history and people do remember, judging from some of the comments I have seen in the media. Charles tried to "Sell" Camilla as someone being low key, not using the Princess of Wales title and being Princess Consort (or so he said). If he tries a barrage of spin it will backfire and remind people just how Camilla got where she is today. Had Charles not outed Camilla, he probably could have remarried someone who had nothing to do with the breakup of the first marriage.  Charles had plenty of opportunities to get out of the relationship with married Camilla but chose not to. Charles wanting an expensive Coronation and being presumptuous enough to "defend" all faiths, this will backfire. Big Time. Plus he can't realistically rely on William, Kate and Harry to be the scaled down monarchy.
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #563 on: October 21, 2014, 01:53:48 am »

I think Charles will make WK suffer for all their antics; I wager he has a list of their misdeeds and antics and lists their transgressions while plotting revenge as a form of therapy. I bet that Charles will yank the choke chain (I speak metaphorically) and will likely put the Middletons in their place in a firm manner. I think he'll stop Kate's spending on all those decorations and will cut down on her Berkshire visits, while pushing her to work more and do more appearances on behalf of the Crown. He'll be a more active king and won't let Kate and Co. push his image around or let the Middletons be part of court ceremonial.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
cate1949
Princess

« Reply #564 on: October 21, 2014, 02:31:13 am »

It is a truism that it is hard to succeed the hero - or in this case - heroine.  Anyone would be bound to have problems coming after such a beloved person as HM. 

As for the coronation - there are some parts that must be there but I do expect some changes to acknowledge changes in society since the last coronation.  As for how grand it will be - depends I guess on what the UK's economy looks like then.
sandy
Princess

« Reply #565 on: October 21, 2014, 02:36:24 am »

Charles will want a lavish coronation. He's been planning it for years.
Rosella
Duchess

« Reply #566 on: October 21, 2014, 03:24:06 am »

It was a much more traditional and deferential society in Britain in 1953, plus Empire and colonial troops were brought in to parade. There will be some Commonwealth troops of course, and the ancient  ritual will remain I think. Plans have been quietly laid down for the next Coronation since Charles became an adult.

There was apparently an absolute muddle after Victoria died as incredibly nothing had been planned as far as the next Coronation was concerned. There was a mad scramble for old documents and a consulting of very elderly ex-courtiers!
meememe
Duchess

« Reply #567 on: October 21, 2014, 08:24:04 am »

I think Charles will make WK suffer for all their antics; I wager he has a list of their misdeeds and antics and lists their transgressions while plotting revenge as a form of therapy. I bet that Charles will yank the choke chain (I speak metaphorically) and will likely put the Middletons in their place in a firm manner. I think he'll stop Kate's spending on all those decorations and will cut down on her Berkshire visits, while pushing her to work more and do more appearances on behalf of the Crown. He'll be a more active king and won't let Kate and Co. push his image around or let the Middletons be part of court ceremonial.

Charles though will no longer have any financial say at all over William and Kate as William will have the Duchy of Cornwall estate income, which Charles and his team have made very profitable.

So financially he will have no power over them.

Of course William and Kate will do more when Charles is King as they will be the next in line instead of 2nd in line as they are now (comparable position to Christian in Denmark and Estelle in Sweden).
Countess of Holland
Duchess

« Reply #568 on: October 21, 2014, 10:39:28 am »

Really? You want to compare Christian and Estelle to William? Both are young children and are supposed to be in school. I am sure that the moment Christian turns 18 (or perhaps they give him a few extra quiet years at university, depending on whether or not his grandmother is still around) he will perform more duties in a year than William has done so far in 2014.
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #569 on: October 21, 2014, 11:00:04 am »

Charles though will no longer have any financial say at all over William and Kate as William will have the Duchy of Cornwall estate income, which Charles and his team have made very profitable.

So financially he will have no power over them.

Of course William and Kate will do more when Charles is King as they will be the next in line instead of 2nd in line as they are now (comparable position to Christian in Denmark and Estelle in Sweden).

Estelle has done more appearances (and with more grace and positivity) than WK have done this year. As for finances, if William does not run the Duchy well (likely since he likely hasn't gotten any real training) it will lose money and might even fall apart.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
india
Princess

« Reply #570 on: October 21, 2014, 11:36:05 am »

I predict when Charles becomes king and Witless William inherits the Duchy of Cornwall that it will fall apart. Especially with the greedy, grasping Middletons plundering it.
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #571 on: October 21, 2014, 02:17:11 pm »

I think Charles will be forced to sit and watch all his hard work for the Duchy fall to pieces. Thing is, Charles has tenants and workers and operations that he has carefully nurtured and I am sure that he'll be ranting and raving on a regular basis. So after William is done pushing everyone around, I am sure that tenants will leave the land, workers will quit, and operations will fall to pieces.

Freya
Duchess

« Reply #572 on: October 21, 2014, 02:20:27 pm »

Will he immediately inherit the Duchy of Cornwall? I think he will inherit when he becomes POW and that will require investiture by Charles.
Rosella
Duchess

« Reply #573 on: October 21, 2014, 03:57:15 pm »

William will immediately become Duke of Cornwall after the Queen's death. His father will proclaim him Prince of Wales after that, in his own time. William doesn't have to go through an investiture to become Prince of Wales. Charles did, so did the Duke of Windsor, but they were exceptions. Some Princes of Wales in history have been so since babyhood.
sandy
Princess

« Reply #574 on: October 21, 2014, 04:27:18 pm »

Charles may want the investiture since he had one.

I don't think William will be hands on with the Duchy. He will have "people" doing this for him.
Freya
Duchess

« Reply #575 on: October 21, 2014, 08:13:13 pm »

^
I agree that Charles will want an Investiture.
cate1949
Princess

« Reply #576 on: October 22, 2014, 12:04:59 am »

I do not think an investiture is necessary - I believe it is automatic - many previous PoW's never had an investiture - Charles was unusual.

I also think he automatically gets the Duchy.

I wonder if they will do an investiture since it is not necessary - maybe something much less elaborate than Charles had.  I suspect they will be sensitive to issues around cost.
Rosella
Duchess

« Reply #577 on: October 22, 2014, 12:19:09 am »

I do not think an investiture is necessary - I believe it is automatic - many previous PoW's never had an investiture - Charles was unusual.

I also think he automatically gets the Duchy.

I wonder if they will do an investiture since it is not necessary - maybe something much less elaborate than Charles had.  I suspect they will be sensitive to issues around cost.

No, most Princes of Wales haven't had an investiture. I think they may very well be sensitive to the Welsh Independence movement also.
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #578 on: October 22, 2014, 12:34:49 am »

While Charles will relinquish his interests and such, I do think that Charles will get his family in line. I think cutting the York princesses is inevitable. The only reason that extended family were supported is because they were expected in time to make foreign matches, so supporting them wasn't considered too big of a deal. Yet, since the princesses show no interest in marrying a foreign prince, I do think that it's best to make Andrew support them and make them become more independent. Time for the princesses to make their own way in the world and whether they like it or not. Charles has the right idea in this area, I will give him that much. As for Camilla, I think she'll remain Princess Consort whether she likes it or not. Kate will become Princess of Wales, but I am sure that she'll live it to the full, but again, William will be controlling the purse strings and Kate will have to ask for money for anything she wants.

Freya
Duchess

« Reply #579 on: October 22, 2014, 12:43:41 am »

^^
I would put money on Charles having an Investiture for William. They still perform the Garter Ceremony and other award ceremonies so I cannot see why they would not do this. 
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 28 [29] 30   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: