Royal Gossip
November 18, 2017, 02:35:00 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: How Much money did the Wedding Raise?  (Read 2074 times)
Kuei Fei
Princess

Moderator/I'm so royal I piss blue

« on: August 24, 2012, 09:39:19 pm »

How much money did the wedding raise for charity? Supposedly there was a lot of hoopla about how the wedding would raise money for the British economy, how it would raise money for charity, that sort of thing.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
Sunny
royal watcher

« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2012, 10:51:54 pm »

The media said it raised over$1 million dollars but didn't much of the money go towards paying administrative costs for WillKat's charity?
YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2012, 12:50:22 am »

I heard originally it was about 750.000 in gifts from the wedding and dear daddy in law Charles added a 'pound or two' to reach the round 1M  eating cookies (it's good for his taxes and the money stays in the family so to speak)
In case you're wondering: the ppl who work for Harry and William's charity group,also work on william and kate wedding charity it's part of the same 'group', they have the same address.
http://www.royalweddingcharityfund.org/contact.php

Their Royal Highnesses The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge are incredibly grateful for all the generous donations and messages of goodwill that have been sent to the Charitable Gift Fund in celebration of their wedding. The Fund has now closed. The Foundation of Prince William and Prince Harry will announce, in due course, the total sum raised and how this will be distributed to the charities that have been chosen to benefit.

So this was just a temporary thing, an extra account to put donations on if you like.
Because the charities that got the donations are actually the one's William & Harry have supported for many years, they just added a extra donation channel with a different name for the wedding.

Aha found it!
http://www.royalfoundation.com/royal-wedding-charity-fund/
The Gift Fund received charitable donations from the public in addition to donations from a number of media organisations providing coverage of the Royal Wedding as well as other individuals and entities involved in the celebrations. £919,238 was received directly by the Foundation; with other sums sent directly to the benefiting charities; this led to over £1 million being raised as a result of this initiative.

\\\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\\\"  Thomas Jefferson
Kuei Fei
Princess

Moderator/I'm so royal I piss blue

« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2012, 06:18:03 pm »

That is hardly trying; the guests in there could have given two million pounds easily and then ended up raising far more in the end.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: