Royal Gossip
October 22, 2017, 02:34:51 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: P. Beatrice & Dave Clark Relationship  (Read 21778 times)
jackiew
courtier

« Reply #120 on: May 25, 2017, 01:00:08 pm »

I'm glad that he moved on, I never liked him, he always came across as opportunistic. Hopefully B will have better luck next time.
Spotted Dick
gossip insider

« Reply #121 on: May 27, 2017, 10:17:29 am »

I'm glad that he moved on, I never liked him, he always came across as opportunistic. Hopefully B will have better luck next time.

I agree.  I think it's the only time Willy actually spotted a user.  I guess it's true that a broken clock is right twice a day....  Poor Bea.
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #122 on: May 27, 2017, 10:52:42 am »

^please don't quote the message above yours. Use ^.

“Three things are to be looked to in a building: that it stand on the right spot, that it be securely founded, that it be successfully executed.” ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Spotted Dick
gossip insider

« Reply #123 on: May 27, 2017, 10:57:24 am »

Sure thing.  Sorry about that.
FrederickLouis
Baroness

« Reply #124 on: June 05, 2017, 02:19:33 am »

It is surprising that Dave got engaged less than a year after the split. 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kBC3FUAs7Sk

Really A Baron
leogirl
Duchess

« Reply #125 on: June 05, 2017, 06:52:41 am »

^ Actually, I am not surprised at all, as this is quite common. Couple dates for a very long time (5+ years) without getting married. Couple breaks up. One party starts dating right away and is engaged within a year.  dontknow
Kuei Fei
Princess

Moderator/I'm so royal I piss blue

« Reply #126 on: June 05, 2017, 07:51:09 am »

He had a right to move on and I do think that he got sick of waiting for Beatrice to make up her mind. After all, Beatrice warned him not to propose back in 2010/2009 and he has a right to walk if the relationship isn't for him.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
meememe
Duchess

« Reply #127 on: June 05, 2017, 08:36:45 am »

Aren't the reports that they discussed marriage last June as Beatrice was now 'ready' to settle down but Dave didn't want to do so. That suggests that he had made up his mind some time earlier not to marry Beatrice and then just kept her stringing along until she raised the issue again and he wanted to walk away.
kolkomilko
Duchess

« Reply #128 on: June 05, 2017, 04:32:02 pm »

^^ Is it true? Hm, It's interesting, I didn't know about it.  eating cookies

Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #129 on: June 05, 2017, 07:27:14 pm »

I wonder if Dave was ready back on 2010, but got turned down very publicly by Beatrice; now she is ready to marry, but he got fed up at being subjected to her dictates in regards to timeline and she had no business hanging on to him. I think she benefited by the free holidays and free pampering.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
Rosella
Duchess

« Reply #130 on: June 06, 2017, 01:52:29 am »

^ There wasn't any sign that I ever read about that Dave had proposed to Beatrice in 2010, or any other year for that matter, and that she'd turned him down. There was just endless press speculation about an engagement that was always on the horizon but never got there, and a relationship that just seemed to drift on year after year after year with no conclusion in sight. I do think that as her 30s approached Bea got restless and unlike Jack, Eugenie's boyfriend, Dave had other plans, like a new job. Once he went to the US for Uber the romance was dead in the water IMO.

Beatrice didn't need Dave for freebies and pampering. She's a princess and a member of the BRF and that opens a thousand doors, as Dave no doubt found out. Bea's own mother is an expert at getting freebies and special treatment especially in the US, through her so-called semi Royal status. All Beatrice would have had to do was follow in mummy's footsteps.
meememe
Duchess

« Reply #131 on: June 06, 2017, 02:59:20 am »

The alleged comment about 'not proposing' from Beatrice I seem to remember came not long after Zara and Mike were engaged with the idea that Beatrice would make a 3rd royal bride in 2011. Whether there ever was a 'proposal' or a discussion about one then we have no idea.

I don't actually believe there was because if there was then it wouldn't have taken another 6 years for them to break-up. A throw-away line in a conversation that was clearly a joke could easily have been misinterpreted by the press into something it wasn't.

Harry allegedly told Chelsy 'your next' at William's wedding reception but as we know they split up permanently shortly afterwards. This is what I suspect may have happened with Beatrice and Dave - out somewhere together where people were discussing the two engaged couples and Beatrice says 'don't you go proposing' as a joke and people have taken it way too seriously.
leogirl
Duchess

« Reply #132 on: June 06, 2017, 03:17:20 am »

I don't think he would have proposed in 2010. Bea didn't graduate uni until 2011, which would mean a wedding would be in 2012 (not likely because it was a jubilee year) or 2013. The fact that the relationship dragged on past 2013 without an engagement, after being together for several years (not a new couple) was not a good sign.
Spotted Dick
gossip insider

« Reply #133 on: July 29, 2017, 06:20:20 pm »

When I read about this I thought she was better off.  There's something about him that doesn't pass the sniff test.  Sure enough, look what happened not long after.....
india
Princess

« Reply #134 on: July 29, 2017, 06:25:54 pm »

Dave, with his amoeboid looks, was a creep and an obvious user.
leogirl
Duchess

« Reply #135 on: July 29, 2017, 07:20:44 pm »

I don't think he ever intended to marry her. Some people can't stand to be alone, so I think he stayed with her because he did not want to be single. And then she wanted to get engaged last summer, but he knew he didn't want to marry her, so he broke it off.

Sure enough, he gets engaged right away to someone else. Seems to happen a lot when people leave long-term relationships.

Yes, Beatrice is better off without him. One, 10 years without marriage is a long time. Men who are in love (as opposed to simply not wanting to be single) don't do that. And two, if he did propose, it would have likely ended in divorce. Something was not quite right or they would have married sooner.
Spotted Dick
gossip insider

« Reply #136 on: July 30, 2017, 06:56:21 am »

^^Yup!

^Great analysis.  It can't feel good to wake up after 10 yrs. to see you were being used.  Too bad that never happened to Willy.
india
Princess

« Reply #137 on: July 30, 2017, 12:50:07 pm »

I am glad Beatrice is free of The Amoeba. Willy Boy is just too stupid to ever free himself from the grasp of all things Middleton. Council Cath and Council Carol have a firm grip on his ultra  dumbness. It is so tight and those two low rent women will never let go of their supreme prize to vast riches and glory.
Spotted Dick
gossip insider

« Reply #138 on: July 30, 2017, 01:15:16 pm »

Remember how Willy said he didn't like Dave and thought he was a user.  I hope he didn't do an "I told you so!" to Bea after the fact.  Oh well, I guess a broken clock is right at least twice.....
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #139 on: July 30, 2017, 03:15:24 pm »

I think the Yorkies should stay away from the Branson set and basically move into more staid circles that will not need them, but in fact want them around.

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: