Royal Gossip
September 24, 2017, 04:20:31 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Truth about the weddingviewing figures  (Read 1711 times)
True Brit
Duchess

« on: July 28, 2012, 11:06:06 pm »

I found this when reading a report on the Olympic alleged viewing figures and although the wedding is long gone I thought it would be useful to keep a copy here.

Basically the claims of 2 billion watching the wedding was total and utter rowlocks and have been analysed by Sporting Intelligence.

Here's the info

http://www.sportingintelligence.com/2011/04/26/sincere-good-wishes-to-wills-and-kate-but-a-2bn-tv-audience-garbage-only-the-olympic-games-and-the-world-cup-are-truly-global-events-and-only-half-as-big-as-that-at-best-260406/

This was a follow up after the event which established that just 300 million watched the event in some way and not 2 billion:

http://www.sportingintelligence.com/2011/05/08/revealed-royal-wedding%E2%80%99s-real-tv-audience-closer-to-300m-than-2bn-because-sport-not-royalty-reigns-080501/

" Kate, Pippa and Carole Middleton seen at Manolo Blahnik today.. overheard asking if they carried shoes for cloven hooves. "
Magnolia
Duchess

« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2012, 12:47:00 am »

Of course it was not  2 billion (the press came up with that number even ahead of the actual wedding they have an agenda)the people who do daily tv ratings even said it.It would mean your grandparents,kids,mothers,uncles,etc would have been watching.The US alone has millions and millions of people and 22 mil watched who knows if it was even lowered than that.

THIS IS YOU:NET- FXCKER A PERSON WHO SPENDS DAYS ON THE INTERNET AT A TIME USUALLY LATE AT NIGHT OR VERY EARLY IN THE MORNING HE OR SHE IS A RECLUSE AND A NET-FXCKER! THIS IS YOU:NET-JUNKIES TEND TO NOT HAVE LIVES ALTHOUGH ON RARE OCCASIONS ONE OF THEM UNWITTINGLY DOWNLOADS IT FROM THE INTERNET
Kuei Fei
Princess

Moderator/I'm so royal I piss blue

« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2012, 01:28:41 am »

Two billion is a massive figure that is rarely reached in any area, never really and I wonder why there is this desperation for Kate to be so hyped. I mean, really, twenty-two million isn't that bad of a number and really, why on earth is this so vital?

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
Sunny
royal watcher

« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2012, 02:58:46 am »

Two billion is a massive figure that is rarely reached in any area, never really and I wonder why there is this desperation for Kate to be so hyped. I mean, really, twenty-two million isn't that bad of a number and really, why on earth is this so vital?
I think people keep reporting the 2 billion figure for several reasons:
1)It allows people to justify the costs of the wedding. When people complain, they can say "yea it was expensive but think of all the exposure that the wedding brought to the UK and the monarchy."
2) It increases the relevancy of the monarchy and make them seem as if they have massive global appeal.
3) The media desperately wanted to sell this wedding as the "wedding of the century" and is on a quest to make it sound more impressive than it actually was. The media knows that once they throw out a figure, people aren't going to be bothered enough to do research.
Albany
Baroness

« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2012, 03:03:12 am »

1)It allows people to justify the costs of the wedding. When people complain, they can say "yea it was expensive but think of all the exposure that the wedding brought to the UK and the monarchy."
2) It increases the relevancy of the monarchy and make them seem as if they have massive global appeal.
3) The media desperately wanted to sell this wedding as the "wedding of the century" and is on a quest to make it sound more impressive than it actually was. The media knows that once they throw out a figure, people aren't going to be bothered enough to do research.

The problem with that is exposure doesn't matter a d@mn if it doesn't translate into a tangible boost in tourism...

"Off with their heads!" -The Queen of Hearts
Sunny
royal watcher

« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2012, 03:19:27 am »

The problem with that is exposure doesn't matter a d@mn if it doesn't translate into a tangible boost in tourism...
That's very true but people are so eager to sell Kate as the golden girl that they can't be bothered to read/report the actual facts
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: