Royal Gossip
August 17, 2017, 12:29:04 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Highly-Anticipated Vogue Weddings Book To Feature Kate Middleton  (Read 13191 times)
Nighthawk
Princess

« on: July 28, 2012, 01:17:51 am »

Highly-Anticipated Vogue Weddings Book To Feature Kate Middleton, Kate Moss
http://www.forbes.com/sites/janelee/2012/07/27/highly-anticipated-vogue-weddings-book-to-feature-kate-middleton-kate-moss/
Picking one bride out of all the weddings in history to be on the cover of Vogue Weddings. What a task it must have been. Would it be Kate Middleton, Kate Moss or Grace Kelly to be placed on Anna Wintour’s coffee table and thus in sitting rooms worldwide? None of the above, actually
serene grace
Princess

Appointed Moderator

« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2012, 01:35:50 am »

Since Kate is in it or featured, I will make sure I don't buy it.

[/URL]
Kuei Fei
Princess

Moderator/I'm so royal I piss blue

« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2012, 04:34:18 am »

Why do this?

Kate already snubbed BRitish and American Vogue, pretty much insulting two major fashion institutions.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
Yooper
Princess

« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2012, 04:42:25 am »

This doesn't bother me so much.  I could be wrong but it appears to be more of an historical retrospective and, if so, I'd really like to see Lauren Bush's and some of the other lesser known/lionized brides' dresses.  I'll just rip out WK.  Seen enough of that dress to last a few lifetimes.

\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\"  Thomas Jefferson
Albany
Baroness

« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2012, 04:56:58 am »

I personally didn't care for WK's dress, and if it's featured anywhere near Grace Kelly's it will pale in comparison to the glorious original is tried so hard to emulate.

Having said that, WK is an historical bride, and more would be made of it if she weren't to be featured in the book.

"Off with their heads!" -The Queen of Hearts
Magnolia
Duchess

« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2012, 12:53:21 am »

I am in Love with Kate Moss wedding dress even though it shows the thighs(which I bet Lazy would have liked to wear easter-lol).The sparkle the color the veil she looked like a fairy Princess.
http://mycharmingsister.files.wordpress.com/2011/09/mycharmsiskate-moss-wedding-dress.jpg

THIS IS YOU:NET- FXCKER A PERSON WHO SPENDS DAYS ON THE INTERNET AT A TIME USUALLY LATE AT NIGHT OR VERY EARLY IN THE MORNING HE OR SHE IS A RECLUSE AND A NET-FXCKER! THIS IS YOU:NET-JUNKIES TEND TO NOT HAVE LIVES ALTHOUGH ON RARE OCCASIONS ONE OF THEM UNWITTINGLY DOWNLOADS IT FROM THE INTERNET
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2012, 01:22:27 am »

More brides should dress like this, not in the tripe they sell in the shops now.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
lothwen
Duchess

Hello. My name is Lothwen, and I am a Harryaholic

« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2012, 01:26:07 am »

^If the dress wasn't see through at the thighs I would covet it.

That being said though, I *despise* that most wedding gowns now are strapless with the "cupcake" skirt.   Lips Sealed

I\\\'m not going to defend myself against these accusations of \\\"playing both sides.\\\"  If you want to know how I feel about Kate and William, read my posts.  If you want further proof, go to the \\\"other forum\\\" and read my posts there.  I have the same user name for both forums.
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2012, 01:35:05 am »

I certainly agree there; the modern designs are so much more generic and so much more boring and immodest that it makes me puke. Are there no more interesting designs out there anymore? Really? That dress was so insipid and the bodice a dominatrix version of a wedding gown and the rest no better.

Mooster
Duchess

"William, stop worrying...the paps wouldn't dare!"

« Reply #9 on: July 29, 2012, 02:29:29 am »

More brides should dress like this, not in the tripe they sell in the shops now.

that's utterly gorgeous  thumbsup

Diana, Zac, Jemima, Ben and Sir James Goldsmith    

Albany
Baroness

« Reply #10 on: July 29, 2012, 02:57:02 am »

I certainly agree there; the modern designs are so much more generic and so much more boring and immodest that it makes me puke. Are there no more interesting designs out there anymore? Really? That dress was so insipid and the bodice a dominatrix version of a wedding gown and the rest no better.

I agree. It's enough to make you not want to get married...

Sunny
royal watcher

« Reply #11 on: July 29, 2012, 03:03:27 am »

That being said though, I *despise* that most wedding gowns now are strapless with the "cupcake" skirt.   Lips Sealed

I'm also not that fond of the strapless trend. There are beautiful strapless dresses out there but I would really like for designers to make a serious push for diversity and include more sleeves.
Mooster
Duchess

"William, stop worrying...the paps wouldn't dare!"

« Reply #12 on: July 29, 2012, 03:04:25 am »

Sophie was a pretty bride, was just having a look at her and Edward (on youtube) taking their vows  flirt

Diana, Zac, Jemima, Ben and Sir James Goldsmith    

Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #13 on: July 29, 2012, 03:58:15 am »

I agree. It's enough to make you not want to get married...

These days fashion has hit a complete wall; it's all the same, the same cut, the same decor (I *despise* rhinestone belts on dresses), and so little real thought put into anything. I mean, it's all the same and it's not like royal brides dress in something royal, that empitomizes the history of the country they are to represent.

KAte had an English designer, but the dress wasn't "English" like the ones that we see in the history books and in the so many other places. It was just another fashion coup for a designer. Diana's dress wasn't just done by an English designer, but it was ROYAL.

Albany
Baroness

« Reply #14 on: July 29, 2012, 04:49:22 am »

Sophie was a pretty bride, was just having a look at her and Edward (on youtube) taking their vows  flirt

I agree. I still remember her dress so many years after (although it feels like just yesterday.... sigh)
She looked perfect on her wedding day. A trend she has continued in her life as a royal.

Yooper
Princess

« Reply #15 on: July 29, 2012, 07:57:53 am »

It's so true and am glad to hear other people say it that wedding dresses have become so boring and cookie-cutter versions of each other.  It's refreshing to see something with ingenuity.  If the thighs were covered on Kate Moss', it would be absolutely perfect.  I've never understood, either, why wedding dresses and cocktail/evening dresses are so impossible to find with sleeves.  Drives me batty and you end up having to buy a ruana or some kind of shrug or wrap and it just spoils the whole thing.

It will be interesting to see just how plain jane WK's dress will be in comparison to other women's.  Her dress lacked a personality of its own and, as we all know, was nothing special at all. 

\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\"  Thomas Jefferson
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #16 on: July 29, 2012, 09:16:59 am »

I'm also not that fond of the strapless trend. There are beautiful strapless dresses out there but I would really like for designers to make a serious push for diversity and include more sleeves.

I like strapless dresses if it's a dress and not a tube, or something elegant and feminine.

As for weddings, well, it's all just the same, many of them tacky satin that just drives me out of my mind all the time. Tight satin makes me maniacal.

Anne-Elliot
Countess

Lady Mary Crawley

« Reply #17 on: August 02, 2012, 10:30:07 pm »

My favourite royal wedding dress & wedding was Princess Margaret's daughter, Lady Sarah Armstrong Jones. Exquisite simplicity. I hope she features in the book.

rosielinks
Countess

« Reply #18 on: August 02, 2012, 10:32:26 pm »

I agree. It was beautiful. Jasper Conran I believe. It was the most beautiful wedding dress I have seen.
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #19 on: August 02, 2012, 10:33:50 pm »

That one was beautiful, I also like Mette Maritt's and Fabiola's.

“Three things are to be looked to in a building: that it stand on the right spot, that it be securely founded, that it be successfully executed.” ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: