Royal Gossip
April 25, 2019, 01:39:06 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Recipes!  (Read 22160 times)
Wombat
Baroness

Harry's got a big gun..

« Reply #60 on: March 11, 2011, 12:14:53 am »

The Aussies in the house will appreciate this recipe...

Wombo Tim Tams

Step 1: Go to fridge.
Step 2: Find packet of Double Coated Tim Tams
Step 3: Remove packet of Double Coated Tim Tams from fridge
Step 4: Open packet and remove 1 2 3 ..just take the whole packet with you
Step 5: Eat.

OMG..heaven hot

Kate Middleton "a diabolical creature. A plastic bag blowing through the streets has more personality"
YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #61 on: March 11, 2011, 12:40:50 am »

laugh laugh laugh
euhm just to clarify this are TimTams
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_3DEmWgW0InM/SnBC_XJNs2I/AAAAAAAAADQ/Hz4c0vKNFCg/s1600/tim%2Btam
http://republiquecricket.files.wordpress.com/2008/01/tim-tam.jpg

Oh man they sure look yummy!..... damn now I want one as well  hiss  tehe

\\\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\\\"  Thomas Jefferson
Duchess Georgiana
courtier

« Reply #62 on: March 28, 2011, 09:43:01 am »

Please don't *despise* me for posting this. My grandma loves PW because of Diana. She said she's going to make it on the day of the wedding. Well, I must say my mouth is watering already. I'm not going to wait until April 29th to try it.

Chocolate Crunch Cake (a Prince William of Wales favorite):

Ingredients

* 4oz/110g margarine/butter
    * 300g milk chocolate
    * 400g tin condensed milk
    * Large packet of rich tea biscuits or digestives or half of each
    * (Optional) 15 Glace cherries (chopped)
    * 2oz raisins
    * variety chopped nuts

Method

1. In a large bowl crush the biscuits, or even crush them your own way
   2. (optionally) In the bowl stir into the biscuits: the cherries, raisins and nuts
   3. Melt together in a pan the margarine, condensed milk and half the bar of chocolate
   4. 4. Pour the chocolate mixture over the biscuit mixture. Stir well until the crushed biscuits are all coated
   5. Line a tin, basin, OR box with greaseproof or parchment paper. Pour the mixture into it
   6. Freeze for at least 2 hours or until needed. When needed take out and leave for 2 hours
   7. Melt the remaining chocolate and spread on the top of the cake
   8. Cut into pieces and serve

Source: http://www.nigella.com/recipes/view/easy-chocolate-crunch-cake-2147
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #63 on: July 13, 2011, 11:48:14 pm »

I tried the black pasta with calmaris, shrimp and lots of refrito; it was delicious  worship

“Three things are to be looked to in a building: that it stand on the right spot, that it be securely founded, that it be successfully executed.” ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #64 on: July 14, 2011, 01:08:16 am »

I wanna add these yummy recipes to the list, they are Hungarian in origin and my granny is from there, so I ate those often as a kid!  sigh
Paprika chicken
http://www.food.com/recipe/chicken-paprikash-139901

4 (4 ounce) boneless chicken breasts, patties
    2 tablespoons flour
    2 teaspoons sweet Hungarian paprika, divided (they looks like big chilli peppers but they are not as strong)
    1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
    1 tablespoon butter
    1/4 cup finely chopped onion
    1/4 cup chicken broth
    1/2 cup light sour cream

Directions:
    1 Combine flour, 1 teaspoon paprika and black pepper in large resealable plastic bag.
    2 Add chicken pieces; shake to coat.
    3 Remove from bag and shake off excess flour. Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat.
    4 Add chicken; brown 4 to 5 minutes per side or until chicken is tender.
    5 Remove from skillet.
    6 Add onion; cook until tender.
    7 Reduce heat to low.
    8 Stir in chicken broth, sour cream and remaining paprika; mix well.
    9 Cook until just heated through.

next as a side to the chicken
gnocki
http://www.food.com/recipe/hungarian-nokedli-dumplings-54823
    2 eggs
    1/2 teaspoon salt
    3/4 cup water
    2 cups all-purpose flour
    1 large pot filled with salted boiling water

Directions:
    1 Place large pot filled with salted water and bring to boil.
    2 Combine eggs, salt, and water, beating well with whisk.
    3 Add flour, a little at a time.
    4 Add only enough flour to make a soft, sticky dough.
    5 Let mixture rest for about 10 mins.
    6 Beat mixture again.
    7 Using the side of a teaspoon, spoon small amount of dough into boiling water.
    8 Dipping the spoon in the hot water will remove the dough from the spoon (if you have a spaetzel maker, that makes is easier as you want very small noodles).
    9 The noodles are done when they float to the top.
    10 Remove from water with large slotted spoon, and place in colander.
    11 Rinse with cold water.
    12 You may want to make the dumplings in 2 or 3 batches so they dont overcook.
    13 Serve with chicken paprikas.
    14 The dumplings are also nice added to a stew.
    15 You can heat the dumplings in a frying pan with melted butter.
    16 Do not let the dumplings get too brown or crisp.

Then a classic goulash
http://www.food.com/recipe/hungarian-goulash-59805
    1/4 cup shortening
    2 lbs beef chuck or 2 lbs beef round steak, cut into 1 inch cubes
    1 cup sliced onion
    1 garlic clove, minced
    1/4 cup catsup
    2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
    1 tablespoon brown sugar
    2 teaspoons salt
    2 teaspoons paprika
    1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
    1 dash red cayenne pepper
    1 1/2 cups water
    2 tablespoons flour
    1/4 cup water
    3 cups hot cooked noodles
Directions:
Prep Time: 30 mins
Total Time: 3 hrs

1 Melt shortening in large skillet.
    2 Add beef, onion and garlic; cook and stir until meat is brown and onion is tender.
    3 Stir in catsup, Worcestershire, sugar, salt, paprika, mustard, cayenne and 1 1/2 cups water.
    4 Cover; simmer 2 to 2 1/2 hours.
    5 Blend flour and 1/4 cup water; stir gradually into meat mixture.
    6 Heat to boiling, stirring constantly.
    7 Boil and stir 1 minute.
    8 Serve over noodles.
    9 To freeze: Assemble as directed. Cover and freeze.
    10 To serve: Thaw in the fridge. Re-heat, covered at 350 degrees for 35-40 minutes.

And this one is to die for!
I swear, nobody makes this as good as my granny did!
Hortobágyi Húsos Palacsinta
http://www.chew.hu/hortobagyi_husos_palacsinta.html
Hortobágy Meat Pancakes
 serves eight people.

Ingredients:
For the chicken paprikás:
700 grams/1.5 lbs chicken breast filets
1.5 onions
600-700 millilitres/ 20 to 25 oz water
3 teaspoons paprika
Salt
Ground black pepper
Peppers and tomatoes if desired

For the thickening agent (habarás):
175 milliliters/6oz sour cream
50 grams/1/4 cup flour

8 pancakes

Method:
Wash the chicken breast fillets, cut them into small pieces, and set aside. Dice the onion and roast in a little oil. Add salt and black pepper. When the onion turns reddish, add meat and fry. Add paprika and enough water to cover the ingredients. If desired, add peppers and tomatoes. Steam under cover for 40 minutes. Make the thickening agent: Mix the sour cream and the flour until smooth. Filter the meat but keep the water. Set the meat aside, place the water back on the cooker and thicken it. Cook while stirring until the "flouriness" is gone. Once the sauce is thick, set it aside. Grind the meat, place a 3-4-millimeter thick amount of ground meat in a square on the pancakes and pour the sauce on top. Fold the pancakes, pour more sauce on top, decorate with parsley and serve with sour cream.

You can use minced meat instead of chicken fillets that's what my granny always did!
Well that's it from me  Hi

\\\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\\\"  Thomas Jefferson
The Chocolate Princess
Administrator

A chocolate a day keeps the doctor away!

« Reply #65 on: October 17, 2011, 08:45:23 pm »

Yummy hot

That all sounds delicious.

I'm in the kitchen now, making Tiramisu.  (An Italian desert)   
I'll post the recipe later -right now I need to get going! I'M HUNGRY

I have some great recipes I am willing to share...  Especially My Chocolate Cake eating cookies

The Chocolate Princess
Administrator

A chocolate a day keeps the doctor away!

« Reply #66 on: October 17, 2011, 11:54:43 pm »

Chocolate Cake       

This recipe is different because you use your stove to melt part of your ingredients. Usually you's have to mix it till all the sugar crystals are dissolved. But if you melt it it is quicker.

IMO the effort of making just one cake is too high. Therefore I double the ingredients and divide it into 2-3 baking pans. People love to get cakes as a present. It's weird because making a Lasagne is the same work but people value cakes more (so I heard).

OK, here we go. My version of the recipe. (the cake is best if you bake it 1 day in advance. Then it will be really moist and yummy.)

it takes you 15min. time to prep. (though I guess 20 min. would be more likely for the first time)
OMG the time I used to write this here I could have made the cake myself. X-Mas_rolleyes

You'll need:                                                                                        USA:                     

150g Butter                                                                                          little more than 4oz
150g Suger (I prefer brown)                                                                      5 oz sugar
+100g hacked dark Chocolate (or more)

2 Eggs
125ml Milk                                                                                            ½ cup milk
2 spoons powdered cocoa  (optional)

250g flour                                                                                            9oz plain flour
2 teespoons baking powder (aka baking soda)

(I always flavour it with vanilla sugar and lemon, but that is optional to your liking.) ie. now that it Chrismas season you could flavour it with gingerbread or cinnamon.

1. Put the butter (150g) in a pot with medium heat on the stove and let it melt. (don't forget to stirn once in a while)

2. Heat the oven to 180° Celsius.
3. take a round or square baking pan with 20-25cm size (8-10 inch US-size) and grease it with fat

4. Put the sugar (150g) into the butter until all is liquid. (don't forget to stirn once in a while)

5. If you have a Kitchen Aid mixing machine that you can leave alone then mix the two eggs with a sip of milk until it is creamy/foamy. Add cocoa powder so it has a light brown colour. (I would add vanilla sugar and lemon) If you only have a hand mixer then wait one step.

6. Take the butter/sugar pot from the stove and put the hacked chocolate in it.  (don't forget the stiring)

7. measure the flour and baking soda in a big bowl. 

8. are the mixed eggs ready?

9. Put the rest of the milk in the chocolate mix.

10. Now hurry: Dump the chocolate mix in the flour bowl and start mixing it all together with a big spoon. (Not a whip!) Last are the eggs. Don't overstir it!! Just stir until it is all evenly mixed, so the dough will stay fluffy.

11. Fill it in the baking form and put it in the oven.

12. it says 40minutes until the cake is done. But I'd recommend you to use a wooden toothpick. Pick into the cake and if it is moist the cake still needs 7-10 minutes. But if there are crumbs you'll need to take it out.

---
I wait at least 2 hours until I glaze it with Chocolate.  (100g cream + 100g dark chocolate) but you can easily glaze it the next day -just wrap it airtight (in foil).
Chocolate glaze=> heat 100g of cream on the stove. (don't boil it!! If it the temperature is too high (55°C and higher) The fat and the chocolate will part which doesn't look good later on. )
When the cream is warm -put hacked dark chocolate (100g) in it and stir until all the pieces are liquid.
Then put it on the cake.
If you want the consistency to be more fluid you can take less chocolate or add coconut fat (like Crisco/ Biskin). The colder it gets the harder it will get.
If you bake it for someone then: make more and let the rest cool -> then fill it in a decorating bag. Like THIS

The chocolate bars, cakes, pasties, etc. you can buy usually have a very thin layer of chocolate. To make it thinner you have to use fat.
The rule is: The thinner -> the more fat. Which is why I am using cream instead of coconut fat. (in the USA they use Crisco)

filling:
You can cut the cake in half and put a layer of the chocolatecream or jelly in it - Jelly will make the cake more fruity, depending on your flavour. But plain chocolate is fine.

ideas:   you have one or two "old" -brown bananas?  Mash it with a fork and mix it in your dough -so you'll get a Chocolate banana Cake.
You can add everything. cherries (later use cherry jam as a filling)  You can put all kinds of nuts in there walnut, macadamia, hazelnut.
If you want an more elaborate cake you can change 150g of flour with grinded almonds.

Like I said I take twice the ingredience and I make 2-3 different cakes.
You could fill one half of the dough in the baking pan and the mix the rest with the mashed banana.  Then fill it in another baking pan and put both in the oven. (baking time will be longer)

You can bake the cake 2 days before you need it. (but wrap it is foil.) Which comes in handy if there is an event that requires most of your time.

If you don't eat it(or just a small piece). Lets say you make this cake for a party. Then you can add 20g more sugar and butter. I used less in this recipe than in the original one.

DONE                          

edit:  eat within 4 days.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2011, 01:08:54 pm by The Chocolate Princess » Logged

YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #67 on: October 18, 2011, 12:37:01 am »

yummy!
this sounds soo good i'm soo going to try that one tomorrow!
thank you honey!
 Kiss

Grace
Countess

« Reply #68 on: October 18, 2011, 10:43:27 am »

This chocolate cake is amazing,thanks for sharing thankyou
YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #69 on: October 18, 2011, 03:24:35 pm »

Little snack that I love, quick easy and yummy!
French Toast

Ingredients:
    4 eggs
    1 teaspoon sugar, optional
    dash salt
    1 cup milk
    10 to 12 slices white bread
    butter
    maple syrup or other syrup

Preparation:
Break eggs into a wide, shallow bowl or pie plate; beat lightly with a fork. Stir in sugar, salt, and milk.

Over medium-low heat, heat griddle or skillet coated with a thin layer of butter or margarine.

Place the bread slices, one at a time, into the bowl or plate, letting slices soak up egg mixture for a few seconds, then carefully turn to coat the other side. Soak/coat only as many slices as you will be cooking at one time.

Transfer bread slices to griddle or skillet, heating slowly until bottom is golden brown. Turn and brown the other side. Serve French toast hot with butter and syrup.
Recipe for French toast serves 4.
http://southernfood.about.com/od/frenchtoastrecipes/r/bl30118b.htm

lynda
royal watcher

« Reply #70 on: January 01, 2012, 10:46:38 pm »

Am so happy that you have RECIPES here...........I love to cook and share our favorites...............Lynda
lynda
royal watcher

« Reply #71 on: January 01, 2012, 10:55:47 pm »

EGG SALAD w/my twist

2 cups of peeled & LOSSELY chopped hard-boiled eggs (probably 6-eggs)------large piece of egg
1/4 cup crumbled cooked-drained bacon  (I cut this up with my kitchen scissors)
1 ++ tablespoon chopped FRESH parsley  (I cut this up with my kitchen scissors)
1/8 cup grated carrots (for color & sweetness)
2 ++ ounces cream cheese
1/8 cup sour cream
1/4 cuo (NOT diet) Hellmann's maynonnaise
fresh group pepper ----to taste
wee bit of finely chopped onions........again, to taste

Mix everthing together  EXCEPT  for the eggs.......you don't want to make the eggs look like mush
Chill in fridge until ready to serve

I usually serve over a bed of lettuce/salad greens............or in a baked puff pastery, or you could make a sandwich
sprinkle paprika on top (pretty).........................serve with pretty/colorful fruit
 Enjoy.......so easy....................Lynda
Fernanda Nunes
Baroness

« Reply #72 on: February 01, 2013, 04:53:13 pm »

www.bigboxfirenze.it
Delivery: 8 euros for the whole of Italy and 30 euro for EU, UK, USA and Ukraine
To make italian food eating cookies

Motto for the year 2019: "He who overcomes will have these things for his heritage; and I will be his God, and he will be my son." (AP 21:7).
http://www.igrejacristamaranata.org.br/en/home/
mysha
Countess

What should have been

« Reply #73 on: July 27, 2013, 10:46:36 pm »

The Aussies in the house will appreciate this recipe...

Wombo Tim Tams

Step 1: Go to fridge.
Step 2: Find packet of Double Coated Tim Tams
Step 3: Remove packet of Double Coated Tim Tams from fridge
Step 4: Open packet and remove 1 2 3 ..just take the whole packet with you
Step 5: Eat.

OMG..heaven hot

Miss Aussie stuff, but these I can get. Nice frozen or dunked in tea easter-egg-basket
Fernanda Nunes
Baroness

« Reply #74 on: November 01, 2013, 01:14:34 am »

http://www.bigboxfirenze.com/receitas/index.php

Motto for the year 2019: "He who overcomes will have these things for his heritage; and I will be his God, and he will be my son." (AP 21:7).
http://www.igrejacristamaranata.org.br/en/home/
Fly on the wall
Princess

Lady of Threads

« Reply #75 on: November 15, 2013, 06:02:57 pm »

http://300sandwiches.com/

she have some neat sandwiches on her blog
serene grace
Princess

Appointed Moderator

« Reply #76 on: November 26, 2013, 01:10:05 pm »

I tried the black pasta with calmaris, shrimp and lots of refrito; it was delicious  worship

thumbsup That sounds so yummy.  eating cookies

Help, I'm practicing my Christmas baking early, doing some test runs. I'm in Norway where I can't seem to find everything exactly as made or listed in the US on ingredients..of course....Can someone tell me is Bicarbonate powder, the same as Baking Soda?

The recipe list needing both baking powder AND baking Soda.....all I could find at
Norwegian stores is Baking Powder and Bicarbonate powder....... Any info would help......thnx

Also Looking for a good scone recipe.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2013, 01:12:10 pm by serene grace » Logged

[/URL]
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #77 on: November 26, 2013, 02:55:14 pm »

^I don't know if you can use this trick but what when I don't know something in english I search it in wiki and then change it to spanish to see what it is. You could do that with norwegian and even if you don't understand the article you could ask your husband/norway friends.

Yeah according to wiki both are the same thing:

Baking soda /bicarbonate powder http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sodium_bicarbonate

“Three things are to be looked to in a building: that it stand on the right spot, that it be securely founded, that it be successfully executed.” ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
serene grace
Princess

Appointed Moderator

« Reply #78 on: November 26, 2013, 03:11:25 pm »

Oh thank you. I wasn't sure, since I don't bake very much.

I've been using google translate but it sometimes gives me weird translations from English to Norwegian, but it's better than guessing. I asked the people in the store and as soon as I said "baking Soda" they sent me to the pop drinks aisle.  dontknow

I found some bicarbonate powder, on my own in the dried fruits aisle,  blink  so I purchased it just in case they were the same.

Alexandrine, do you have a recipe for that pasta dish you had with calamari and shrimp?

[/URL]
YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #79 on: November 26, 2013, 11:17:04 pm »

I for sweet bakings usually use 'backin' from doctor oetker http://www.ihr-lieferant.com/media/catalog/product/cache/1/thumbnail/600x600/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/b/a/backin.jpg
It makes nice fluffy cakes and wafers

For bread and bun's I use real yeast (small cubes wrapped in silver foil, I usually find it next to the prepared doughs, yoghurt and butter in the supermarket fridges) http://www.misterie.be/Beeld/Gist%20verse%2042g.jpg

according to google translate the nordic for yeast is gjær or something like that... dontknow

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: