Royal Gossip
December 11, 2017, 07:30:13 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Recipes!  (Read 18142 times)
gingerboy24
Princess

« Reply #100 on: April 02, 2015, 11:42:37 am »

Hmmmm, sounds very nice, I love strawberry anything, just love the flavour.  Thanks for sharing, will have to give it a go.
AnaBolena
Duchess

We Read To Know We Are Not Alone - C.S Lewis

« Reply #101 on: April 04, 2015, 02:12:45 am »

To USA ladies, why is pumpkin always canned over there?  I use fresh pumpkin and can't work out why the canned seems preferred in USA.  Different cultures interest me.

Live The Life You Were Meant To Live And Live Honestly.
Rebecca
Baroness

« Reply #102 on: April 04, 2015, 03:05:55 am »

Fresh 'pie pumpkins' are widely available in the US in the fall, and some people use them, rather than canned pumpkin. I have always used canned, as that's what my mother did, and hers before her. I found an article that explains why, to some, canned is preferable. Interestingly, canned pumpkin is actually a butternut squash variant.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/nadiaarumugam/2013/11/19/why-you-want-canned-pumpkin-for-a-better-pie-not-fresh/
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #103 on: April 28, 2015, 08:32:43 pm »

I'm getting addicted to the smitten kitchen blog http://smittenkitchen.com/ I love especially her baking posts. Everything I do from her looks awesome and tastes awesome though I don't use baking soda because it tastes strange to me.

I'm thinking of doing this next http://smittenkitchen.com/blog/2014/07/blueberry-crumb-cake/

“Three things are to be looked to in a building: that it stand on the right spot, that it be securely founded, that it be successfully executed.” ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Fredericka
royal watcher

« Reply #104 on: August 19, 2016, 05:21:57 pm »

I made a chicken, cashew nut and mango chutney pie for lunch today.  It was really delicious (if I say so myself!).  I used store-bought ready-made pastry, cooked shredded chicken (cold), a manufactured mango chutney (can't remember the brand), and unsalted cashews.  I layered everything - chicken, chutney, nuts, repeat - until I'd used all my ingredients, and then baked at 180C for 40 minutes.  We had it as cold leftovers for tea and it was just as delicious with a salad.
YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #105 on: August 20, 2016, 12:49:53 am »

^Yummy!  I'm stealing this one.  Thank you!

\\\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\\\"  Thomas Jefferson
Tessofthemiddletons
royal watcher

« Reply #106 on: December 02, 2016, 08:31:52 pm »

I absolutely love to cook. I love to prepare my own food from humble beginnings. I would love to know what are the favourite Christmas recipes from all the gossipers from around the world?
Akasha 85
courtier

« Reply #107 on: December 07, 2017, 01:20:49 am »

pain perdu with a christmas touch yumyum

Total:57 min
Prep: 15 min
Inactive: 30 min
Cook: 12 min
Yield: 4 servings

Ingredients

French Toast:
4 large eggs, at room temperature
1/2 cup milk
2 teaspoons orange zest (from about 1/2 medium orange)
1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
4 (1/2-inch thick) slices whole grain bread or country white bread, preferably 1 day old
Syrup:
1 medium orange
3/4 cup sugar
1/2 cup water
1/4 cup orange liqueur or fresh orange juice
2 star anise pods
1 cinnamon stick or 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
2 tablespoons unsalted butter, at room temperature
1 cup (about 6 ounces) fresh blueberries
2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh mint leaves
Powdered sugar, for dusting

Directions

For the toast: In a medium bowl, whisk the eggs, milk, orange zest, and cinnamon together until smooth. Pour the mixture into a 9-by-13-inch casserole. Add the bread slices in a single layer. Let the bread soak for 10 minutes, turning once.

For the syrup: Peel the orange and remove the white pith. Using a paring knife, cut along the membrane on both sides of each segment. Free the segments and place in a small saucepan. Add the sugar, water, orange liqueur or orange juice, if using, star anise, and cinnamon stick. Bring the mixture to a boil over medium-high heat, stirring constantly, until the sugar has dissolved. Simmer for 5 minutes. Remove the pan from the heat and allow the syrup to cool, about 20 minutes. Remove the star anise pods and cinnamon stick and discard.

Preheat a griddle or large nonstick skillet over medium-low heat and add the butter. Using a spatula, remove the bread slices from the egg mixture, allowing any excess liquid to drain. Cook until golden, about 3 minutes each side. Place on 4 serving plates and drizzle with the orange syrup and orange segments. In a small bowl, toss the blueberries and mint together and spoon on top of the French toast. Dust with powdered sugar and serve.

Eggnog Cheesecake

Prep
30 m
Cook
55 m
Ready In
1 h 25 m

Ingredients

1 cup graham cracker crumbs
2 tablespoons white sugar
3 tablespoons melted butter
3 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
1 cup white sugar
3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
3/4 cup eggnog
2 eggs
2 tablespoons rum
1 pinch ground nutmeg

Directions

Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C).
In a medium bowl combine graham cracker crumbs, 2 tablespoons sugar and butter. Press into the bottom of a 9 inch spring form pan.
Bake in preheated oven for 10 minutes. Place on a wire rack to cool.
Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C).
In a food processor combine cream cheese, 1 cup sugar, flour and eggnog; process until smooth. Blend in eggs, rum and nutmeg. Pour mixture into cooled crust.
Bake in preheated oven for 10 minutes.
Reduce heat to 250 and bake for 45 minutes, or until center of cake is barely firm to the touch. Remove from the oven and immediately loosen cake from rim. Let cake cool completely before removing the rim.
http://allrecipes.com/recipe/24308/eggnog-cheesecake-iii/?internalSource=staff%20pick&referringId=187&referringContentType=recipe%20hub

“For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible.”
― Stuart Chase

“To see a World in a Grain of Sand
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand
And Eternity in an hour.”
― William Blake, Auguries of Innocence

“Four things you can't recover:
The stone after the throw, The word after it's said, The occasion after it's missed, The time after it's gone.”
― Deanna Wadsworth
YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #108 on: December 07, 2017, 01:27:29 am »

^Yum!  Eggnog cheesecake looks positively evil good.

\\\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\\\"  Thomas Jefferson
Akasha 85
courtier

« Reply #109 on: December 07, 2017, 01:46:57 am »

Haven't tried that one but dang it sounds delish! flirt
thought I revive this topic with the holiday's on the way. tehe
I love making cookies/cake during the season!  loveshower
BTW the first recipe is from foodnetwork but the site is driving me batty with the whole 'disable your addblock' smuck! pc-problem

“For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible.”
― Stuart Chase

The stone after the throw, The word after it's said, The occasion after it's missed, The time after it's gone.”
― Deanna Wadsworth
YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #110 on: December 07, 2017, 02:07:08 am »

^What are you having for Christmas or holiday dinner?  Standing rib here.  The boys have spoken!

Akasha 85
courtier

« Reply #111 on: December 07, 2017, 02:30:04 am »

My BF is the one that is cooking soo
St- germain soup
and bell pepper stuffed with wolf fish and a creamy lobster sauce
not sure about the desert probably something light without to much fat or sugar

We can't make too rich food because my brother, who has a heavy form of down syndrome, also has diabetes and we have to keep an eye on his levels cause he can't tell ya when he's feeling ill
So it's usually some fish dish or low fat meats like turkey when he's around, because it wouldn't be fair on him to have a lean meal while we're all munching on a big fat bird or roast (besides he has a naughty habit of switching plates and glasses when you're distracted! tehe)
My dad's face when he did it the first time with a glass of wine vs dietcoke was priceless! laugh

― Stuart Chase

― Deanna Wadsworth
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: