Royal Gossip
July 27, 2017, 01:46:04 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Diamond Jubilee fails to boost economy  (Read 3946 times)
True Brit
Duchess

« on: July 21, 2012, 10:03:03 am »

Most thinking people said it wouldn't be a big money spinner. Just like the hype surrounding the wedding. Anyway..

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/economics/9411538/Diamond-Jubilee-fails-to-boost-UK-retail-sales-in-June.html

" Kate, Pippa and Carole Middleton seen at Manolo Blahnik today.. overheard asking if they carried shoes for cloven hooves. "
Kuei Fei
Princess

Moderator/I'm so royal I piss blue

« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2012, 07:27:35 pm »

Well, go figure, it did become a complete washout. There was nothing unique about it, nothing exciting, no effort made and HM did the usual pledging herself ot her country and people at Parliament and that was it. The tours were a joke and barely covered while Kate made a complete fool of herself.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
Yooper
Princess

« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2012, 11:26:40 pm »

I wonder what group of pencil pushers in the UK are drinking heavily at home since the Wedding of the CENTURY? Since that dismal day, the red ink has been flowing like the Mississippi.  Wait until the figures come in after the Olympics.

With all my heart, I hope that WK is front and center and becomes the poster princess for the Olympics and wears $50k outfits while she watches the athletes and then when Mr. Money Man comes along and says, "We're REALLY Broke", the people can get out their pitchforks and effigies.  It's deserving.

\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\"  Thomas Jefferson
Leila
Countess

« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2012, 11:34:41 pm »

I can't believe I missed this.

What a surprise. not.  bored3
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2012, 08:06:51 am »

I wonder what group of pencil pushers in the UK are drinking heavily at home since the Wedding of the CENTURY? Since that dismal day, the red ink has been flowing like the Mississippi.  Wait until the figures come in after the Olympics.

I wonder who it will be that will show how the wedding and the Jubilee and the Olympics broke the British bank. It won't be pretty and it won't be a way for the monarchy to continue like this. I am sure that accountants in government offices are injecting themselves with sedatives to end up staying calm. There's been very little to celebrate.

With all my heart, I hope that WK is front and center and becomes the poster princess for the Olympics and wears $50k outfits while she watches the athletes and then when Mr. Money Man comes along and says, "We're REALLY Broke", the people can get out their pitchforks and effigies.  It's deserving.

Already people are seething about her obscene necklace and her failure to do the simplest things and I honestly believe that there is no one more deserving than Kate to symbolize everything that has been going wrong. She isn't working, isn't appreciative, and she isn't at all able to control her spending, and she is embarrassing her husband (whne he isn't embarrassing himself) and the RF.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
Magnolia
Duchess

« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2012, 02:08:52 am »

Of course it failed there is absolutely nothing to be proud of.The press made it all about Lazy and their lying how she was one big force the more they lie the more Britain and the UK will suffer in the end.Wimpo had to mess everything up!

THIS IS YOU:NET- FXCKER A PERSON WHO SPENDS DAYS ON THE INTERNET AT A TIME USUALLY LATE AT NIGHT OR VERY EARLY IN THE MORNING HE OR SHE IS A RECLUSE AND A NET-FXCKER! THIS IS YOU:NET-JUNKIES TEND TO NOT HAVE LIVES ALTHOUGH ON RARE OCCASIONS ONE OF THEM UNWITTINGLY DOWNLOADS IT FROM THE INTERNET
serene grace
Princess

Appointed Moderator

« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2012, 02:41:11 am »

thumbsup Exactly that's what the press did.

I think the public may revolt if the press focuses on Kate more than the athletes during the Olympic games.

[/URL]
leogirl
Duchess

« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2012, 03:39:01 am »

Yes, that would be annoying. These athletes have been working hard their entire lives to achieve their dream of going to the Olympics, and then have it ruined by Kate.
True Brit
Duchess

« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2012, 11:52:18 am »

And the news gets worse according to the Office of National Statistics which measures economic performance in the UK

This is what happened last quarter, when government spending hit record levels in spite of the austerity drive, rising by 1.6pc to £81.5bn and delivering 0.4 percentage points of overall economic growth.

The work lost as a result of the extra day given for the Queen’s Diamond Jubilee celebrations in June was a significant drag during the quarter.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/economics/9425611/UK-economy-contracts-by-a-shock-0.7pc.html

" Kate, Pippa and Carole Middleton seen at Manolo Blahnik today.. overheard asking if they carried shoes for cloven hooves. "
Leila
Countess

« Reply #9 on: July 25, 2012, 03:08:44 pm »

Is the goverment really so stupid that they didn't see this coming or do they give a s** about the economy?
True Brit
Duchess

« Reply #10 on: July 25, 2012, 03:13:34 pm »

Hi Leila  Hi the average manor woman in the street with no economics training could tell you these things don't make any money - they just cost money.

Wait til the Olympics bill arrives.

I guess this has finlly nailed the myth about the royals bringing billions into the country.

The DJ isn't the main reason for the poor figures it seems it's the construction sector that has rally declined but they make it clear that the DJ has had a "drag" on the economy.

Govts bloody well know this - they just hope we'll be sufficiently distracted and won't notice that we're heading for financial Armageddon.

Bread and circuses the Romans called it.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2012, 03:15:28 pm by True Brit » Logged

Leila
Countess

« Reply #11 on: July 25, 2012, 03:34:08 pm »

hug

Sure, there are other reasons, but those, like the construction sector, are 'natural', whereas harming the economy by spending a couple of billions just so that some rich people can have fun is quite something else.
And doing that two years in a row?

I can't wait for the divorce so that at least the fairy tale pr bs stops.
Mooster
Duchess

"William, stop worrying...the paps wouldn't dare!"

« Reply #12 on: July 25, 2012, 07:18:33 pm »

Richard Palmer‏@RoyalReporter

The jubilee and last year's royal wedding may have been great for national morale but experts say they have damaged the UK economy.

Diana, Zac, Jemima, Ben and Sir James Goldsmith    

Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #13 on: July 25, 2012, 08:34:01 pm »

The wedding messed up because it had so many businesses closed that otherwise might have been open and ended up making money via selling food/drink/souveniers. The Jubilee cost more money than it was worth because the citiznery really didn't gain anything out of it and big business didn't contribute because big business is often treated as a leper by the RF unless the RF wants money via charitable donations. No one got anything out of this and it was a huge anticlimax.

As for the wedding, well, that parody of a royal wedding was a slap in the face to the Brits who didn't deserve to get lumped with the bill for the coming out debut of the Middleton Clan and since several VIP heads of state were snubbed, chances are a lot of ill will has been generated as a result.

serene grace
Princess

Appointed Moderator

« Reply #14 on: July 25, 2012, 09:45:56 pm »

The press will slowly admit the wedding was a dud, thank goodness for Richard Palmer, he's one of the few royal journos, who tells facts about the royal house and situations concerning the Royals.

Those wedding magazines, never flew off the shelves in the US, Diana's mags were way bigger sellers. The MTV Teen Mom magazine cover, beat the sales of the Royal wedding magazines.(and the ratings were awful for the US networks but the press will never admit it.)

[/URL]
Albany
Baroness

« Reply #15 on: July 26, 2012, 02:26:24 am »

Hi Leila  Hi the average man or woman in the street with no economics training could tell you these things don't make any money - they just cost money.

Wait til the Olympics bill arrives.

I guess this has finally nailed the myth about the royals bringing billions into the country.

The DJ isn't the main reason for the poor figures it seems it's the construction sector that has rally declined but they make it clear that the DJ has had a "drag" on the economy.

Govts bloody well know this - they just hope we'll be sufficiently distracted and won't notice that we're heading for financial Armageddon.

Bread and circuses the Romans called it.

Exactly. And considering that's the main argument made by royalists, this could end up being a real PR disaster for the RF.

"Off with their heads!" -The Queen of Hearts
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #16 on: September 28, 2012, 11:57:22 pm »

Jubilee shutdown sees UK manufacturing output fall in June

http://www.guardian.co.uk/business/2012/aug/07/jubilee-uk-manufacturing-output-falls

“Three things are to be looked to in a building: that it stand on the right spot, that it be securely founded, that it be successfully executed.” ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #17 on: September 29, 2012, 01:08:51 am »

Output from factories fell sharply in June as the extra bank holiday for the Queen's diamond jubilee meant longer shutdowns for manufacturers.

It was irresponsible for the RF to require that businesses shut down on the days of the Jubilee and royal wedding weekend. Because of tourists and extra business from people out of town, I am certain that these businesses would have ended up making a lot more money, but missed out because of closure.

Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #18 on: October 13, 2012, 11:18:37 pm »

steve hawkes ‏@steve_hawkes
Travelodge: "A 5% drop in overseas tourists during the most momentous year in the history of British tourism is very disappointing news."

“Three things are to be looked to in a building: that it stand on the right spot, that it be securely founded, that it be successfully executed.” ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #19 on: October 14, 2012, 12:44:59 am »

I did hear that the hotels were drastically raising prices to guests and there were other price rises all over the place; in this economy that is suicide.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: