Royal Gossip
November 21, 2017, 05:55:51 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Wills & Kate to visit South East Asia  (Read 81196 times)
giamodel60
Countess

« Reply #540 on: September 26, 2012, 05:27:07 am »

I still don't get it

It sounds to me like becca screwed up

If sages in charge of Kate's clothes

If you don't Beleive what I write don't read it. . Please ignore and move on , I'd rather not explain myself to you 100 times !
observation
courtier

« Reply #541 on: September 26, 2012, 05:29:45 am »

What is very interesting is that apparently the British press is very aware of this & simply chose not to report it & says instead that KM has never put a foot wrong.

It makes me wonder how many countless other things like this have happened that the British press knows about while falsely reporting that KM has never put a foot wrong & falsely reporting that someone else is to blame.

It is very obvious from these stories that KM DID NOT THINK THAT THE GIFT DRESS WAS THE DRESS SHE HAD PACKED, BROUGHT & PLANNED REGARDING IN CONJUNCTION WITH THE SOLOMON ISLANDS.

Why is it being said that the blame is someone else's because Kethie brought gifts to the room so KM thought the gift dress was the one she had brought?

It is OBVIOUSLY NOT TRUE.

KM KNEW IT WAS VERY IMPORTANT SHE WEAR THE DRESS SHE BROUGHT. SHE KNEW THE GIFT DRESS WAS NOT THE DRESS SHE BROUGHT BUT TRIED IT ON & LIKED IT SO MUCH SHE WORE IT INSTEAD IGNORING ALL THE PLANNING HER HOSTS HAD DONE.
Snokitty
Princess

« Reply #542 on: September 26, 2012, 05:32:33 am »

I don't believe Becca or anyone else could force Kate to wear the dress she was supposed to wear. After watching Kate all these years I would say it was entirely her decision. Surely someone went over the clothing list with her and what she was to wear each day.

Is there a photo of the dress she was supposed to wear?
lothwen
Duchess

Hello. My name is Lothwen, and I am a Harryaholic

« Reply #543 on: September 26, 2012, 05:34:17 am »

I'm sorry, but I can't blame Kate for this.  I'm not blaming Kethie, or any of the staff either.    But I can't blame Kate for (seemingly) seeing a dress in her room and assuming it was a gift from her hosts, and wearing it.   She made a mistake, and hopefully she'll learn from it, but honestly, I would have probably done the same thing if I were in her shoes.

I\\\'m not going to defend myself against these accusations of \\\"playing both sides.\\\"  If you want to know how I feel about Kate and William, read my posts.  If you want further proof, go to the \\\"other forum\\\" and read my posts there.  I have the same user name for both forums.
sassafras
Countess

« Reply #544 on: September 26, 2012, 05:36:16 am »

observation, you are aptly named! i missed that point - whether it was cook islands or soloman islands, the first lady & the duchess agreed pre-trip that kate would NOT wear the traditional attire.

this was negotiated, so when kate re-negged (maybe to one-up the first lady & show up in a traditional dress) she was totally caught & in a major way, but wearing a completely offensive dress, instead of just insulting the hosts, she managed to insult all the locals. priceless.

@gia - do you think becca would've been able to tell kate what to do? really, seriously do you think becca has that much influence?

@lothwen - i would've agreed with you, but I read the article someone posted that said the hosts wanted the Cambs in traditional attire, kate refused so it was negotiated that instead of the first ladies matching in traditional dress, kate would wear a summer dress.
Snokitty
Princess

« Reply #545 on: September 26, 2012, 05:37:50 am »

Lothwen her hosts had already decided on the dress she was supposed to wear before she left for the trip. The gift dress had a note with it telling her the dress was a gift and inviting her to the Cook Islands at a future date.
lothwen
Duchess

Hello. My name is Lothwen, and I am a Harryaholic

« Reply #546 on: September 26, 2012, 05:40:02 am »

^^Oh, okay, I was unaware of that hug

Why would she refuse?  I found nothing offensive about the clothing the women were wearing (the fully clothed ones, that is).  Why would she "refuse"?  That just seems odd to me.

^I'd been under the impression that the dress she had planned on wearing was by a British designer.  Was that made up by the press to sell the "Perfect princess" story? 

So she knew the dress didn't come from the Solomon Islands........interesting.  Well, okay then, I don't feel sorry for Kate anymore.

I\\\'m not going to defend myself against these accusations of \\\"playing both sides.\\\"  If you want to know how I feel about Kate and William, read my posts.  If you want further proof, go to the \\\"other forum\\\" and read my posts there.  I have the same user name for both forums.
observation
courtier

« Reply #547 on: September 26, 2012, 05:41:46 am »

I think if the note was included, which it seems like it was, then it would have been obvious that KM was not supposed to wear the gift dress because it is from the Cook Islands, which is 3000 miles away.

I think though that it is interesting that there is  LIE now out there that the reason KM wore the gift dress is that SHE COULDN'T TELL WHICH WAS THE DRESS SHE BROUGHT, WHICH WAS REPORTED THE DAY OF AS UNTRUE. IT WAS REPORTED THE DAY OF SHE KNEW SHE WAS DITCHING THE DRESS SHE BROUGHT FOR A DRESS SHE HAD ONLY JUST TRIED ON.

NOW IT IS BEING REPORTED THAT SHE WORE THE GIFT DRESS BECAUSE SHE ERRONEOUSLY THOUGHT IT WAS THE ONE SHE HAD BROUGHT & KETHIE IS BEING BLAMED FOR "CONFUSING" KM BY BRINGING A 2ND DRESS, A GIFT DRESS, INTO THE ROOM SO THAT KM COULDN'T "TELL" WHICH WAS WHICH.

(I'm using all caps because I think it's really sad KM's putting another lie out there & someone is getting blamed for it.)
Snokitty
Princess

« Reply #548 on: September 26, 2012, 05:51:32 am »

The reason things like this do not happen on royal tours is because everything is planned to the last detail far in advance. The Hosts even ask for their measurements in advance so they could wear this clothing but Kate did not want to accept their dress so she chose her own. (probably just another reason to go shopping) William did accept his shirt. This was Kate's fault in my opinion.
observation
courtier

« Reply #549 on: September 26, 2012, 05:52:51 am »

Here is the full story as reported locally in the Solomon publication.

It is sad. Basically, Kethie left the gift with the note. It was very clear the dress was from the Cook Islands. Also, yes, KM's dress had been agreed upon long in advance. I suppose it is possible that KM simply isn't very bright. But, still, given all the negotiation & planning, if she cared about her hosts, she might have checked, given the note clearly said it was a gift & from the Cook Islands since it was her first royal tour to the Pacific.

http://www.solomonstarnews.com/news/national/16044-dressing-blunder
observation
courtier

« Reply #550 on: September 26, 2012, 05:54:55 am »

Yes, I agree. You're not supposed to ditch the dress the hosts agreed upon to wear a dress clearly from a far away place at the last minute because you received a gift you liked. They get gifts all the time.
sassafras
Countess

« Reply #551 on: September 26, 2012, 05:55:26 am »

@lothwen - the shop keeper gave a note to be included with the dress - but we don't know if Kate read the note in advance of wearing it (so she might not have known it was a cook island dress)

@observation - if kate did read the note, we don't know if she knew the insult wearing a cook island dress would become.

i think we all agree that if kate had stayed on script, it wouldn't have happened.
observation
courtier

« Reply #552 on: September 26, 2012, 06:02:37 am »

Kethie said the note was included with the dress so if KM thought she was going to go off script, which she knew she was, & knew it had been important to the hosts to wear what they had specified & agreed upon, she should have read the note to see if it was suggesting she go off script. The note wasn't though.

There's no reason for not to read the note before trying on the dress & no reason for her not to know it's offensive given the hosts made it clear it was important to them that the dinner dress guidelines were Solomon Islands clothes.

She should have known it is offensive because the hosts made it clear what was important & she knows she is highly photographed so she will be bringing international attention to what she wears. Here she brought attention to the Cook Islands design instead of Solomon Islands, the country who hosted her.

It's like wearing a Japanese kimono during a state visit to China at a dinner where every other adult, per the hosts' guidelines, is wearing traditional Chinese dress & having it be reported internationally that the Japanese kimono equals a Chinese traditional dress. Because she received a gift saying, welcome to Asia & hopefully some day you will visit Japan.

To outsiders, Asian might look Asian. But she has a job as an official rep of Britain & the whole objective of the tour is to highlight the culture of these Commonwealth locations that the world otherwise knows little about.

But the worst is to blame someone & lie that you were simply confused what the hosts wanted you to wear because you saw a gift lying there with a note saying it is from a far away country & inviting her to visit it some day.
giamodel60
Countess

« Reply #553 on: September 26, 2012, 06:37:18 am »

I don't think Kate has 2 brain cell to rub together

She gets it laid out for her.

She and will both did the same thing

I don't think they are in charge of anything like a reg person would be.

If you don't Beleive what I write don't read it. . Please ignore and move on , I'd rather not explain myself to you 100 times !
observation
courtier

« Reply #554 on: September 26, 2012, 07:00:46 am »

I correct myself. It's possible she didn't lie that she didn't remember which dress she brought.

But, basically, she didn't follow the invite guidelines & agreement on dress per the negotiations.

That is her own fault. It might also be her staff's fault but she supervises her staff so it is also still her fault too.

It is not Kethie's fault she left a gift with a note clearly stating it is from a faraway place she is not going to this tour but is invited to go to later & that KM simply chose not to follow the dress protocol that had been agreed on far in advance. It is also no one's fault but hers that she wore a dress from a totally different place when she knew the dress protocol that night was Solomon Island clothes & that was important to them.

It's also no one's fault but hers that since she is the one, who was reported that day as having suddenly changed her mind & having ditched her dress for one she just tried on, that she didn't check to find out if wearing a Cook Islands dress would be okay since clearly it was not, per the invite, & it was clearly a Cook Islands dress, per the note.
sassafras
Countess

« Reply #555 on: September 26, 2012, 07:03:46 am »

It is not Kethie's fault she left a gift with a note clearly stating it is from a faraway place she is not going to this tour but is invited to go to later

observation, we don't know if the note was with the dress once it was laid out on the bed. the note may have been placed elsewhere & kate didn't see or read the note.

personally, i think it's just as bad if not worse that she didn't read the note -- i mean, script said to wear one dress, but a random dress was left for her so she just wore it without questioning who it was from or why it was there?
giamodel60
Countess

« Reply #556 on: September 26, 2012, 07:10:45 am »

They do nothing for themselves.

And yes she's an idiot for it. She was not born to be catered too.
So why is she so thick.

Indirectly she is responsible but I lay the blame at ch. they sound f'ing
Incompetent.

observation
courtier

« Reply #557 on: September 26, 2012, 07:13:03 am »

@sassafrass I agree re it being just as bad if she didn't see the note.

Re the note, the last article I linked to, the one from the Solomon publication, says Kethie said she included the note with the dress.

"Mrs Saunders said the gift of clothes from the Cook Islands had the letter from the designer pinned to them."

The note said they were from the Cook Islands & hoped KM would visit there in the future.

So it was pinned. KM couldn't try on the dress & wear it to the dinner without seeing the note or else the note would have been pinned to her dress in the photographs.

@gia who is ch.? just curious
« Last Edit: September 26, 2012, 07:14:45 am by observation » Logged
observation
courtier

« Reply #558 on: September 26, 2012, 07:18:57 am »

Still, I think it's strange the statement is so harshly worded to blame Kethie. They say she 'snuck' in when I think she had the permission to leave gifts, simply it was originally chocolate, candy, flowers, etc. & the gift from the designer was given last-minute when Kethie was at the store.

I still think it's sad that these sorts of statements in the press will basically ruin Kethie's reputation & career & it doesn't seem the blame should fall on her. The designer/store person herself said that Kethie insisted she write a note & the note is very clear.

I think this blaming & throwing under the bus for something that seems is KM's fault is sad.

It makes me wonder if this might be why KM doesn't seem to have any friends & why Bea & Eugenie & the RF doesn't seem to bond with her.
sassafras
Countess

« Reply #559 on: September 26, 2012, 07:25:52 am »

@sassafrass I agree re it being just as bad if she didn't see the note.

Re the note, the last article I linked to, the one from the Solomon publication, says Kethie said she included the note with the dress.

"Mrs Saunders said the gift of clothes from the Cook Islands had the letter from the designer pinned to them."

The note said they were from the Cook Islands & hoped KM would visit there in the future.

So it was pinned. KM couldn't try on the dress & wear it to the dinner without seeing the note or else the note would have been pinned to her dress in the photographs.

@gia who is ch.? just curious

Observation - we are leaping if we assume the pinned note remained on the dress when it was laid out for kate. it could've been removed.

anytime we make assumptions, it gives mm's fuel to say that we are being biased against kate. let's not give them ammunition.
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: