Royal Gossip
November 20, 2017, 11:28:08 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 31   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Wills & Kate to visit South East Asia  (Read 81124 times)
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« on: July 19, 2012, 05:07:39 pm »

My sources tell me Will and Kate’s next royal tour to Singapore, Malaysia, the Solomon Islands, and Tuvalu will happen September 11 to September 19. An official announcement is coming soon.

http://www.laineygossip.com/Articles/Details/24128/Kate-Middletons-pre-Olympic-BumpWatch-is-dumb

possible date?

“Three things are to be looked to in a building: that it stand on the right spot, that it be securely founded, that it be successfully executed.” ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Albany
Baroness

« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2012, 07:12:30 am »

I'm surprised it's not set for longer!
The tour they did to North America was longer, and that was just a lark. This is official jubilee business. Very interesting...

"Off with their heads!" -The Queen of Hearts
lothwen
Duchess

Hello. My name is Lothwen, and I am a Harryaholic

« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2012, 07:27:51 am »

How long were the other Jubilee tours?  Perhaps the Queen and her advisors decided to keep all of them relatively short

I\\\'m not going to defend myself against these accusations of \\\"playing both sides.\\\"  If you want to know how I feel about Kate and William, read my posts.  If you want further proof, go to the \\\"other forum\\\" and read my posts there.  I have the same user name for both forums.
serene grace
Princess

Appointed Moderator

« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2012, 07:34:15 am »

I hope Kate can handle  a week of work and travel? The travel part I know she can handle, the work part maybe not so much.  bored3

[/URL]
Yooper
Princess

« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2012, 05:57:09 am »

That really is a short trip compared to the Canada/LA tour that was about 2 weeks if I recall correctly.  On this trip, you can knock out two days for traveling, so they're there for 6 days at most.  And, yes, it IS hot there.  Dear heavens, I hope she's smart enough to dress conservatively at all times.  No more tarmac bare bum shots, please.

\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\"  Thomas Jefferson
serene grace
Princess

Appointed Moderator

« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2012, 05:59:59 am »

If the Trip was anywhere near L.A. I'm sure she and Pr.William would have made it into two weeks.  bored3

[/URL]
Kuei Fei
Princess

Moderator/I'm so royal I piss blue

« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2012, 06:43:03 am »

My sources tell me Will and Kate’s next royal tour to Singapore, Malaysia, the Solomon Islands, and Tuvalu will happen September 11 to September 19. An official announcement is coming soon.

http://www.laineygossip.com/Articles/Details/24128/Kate-Middletons-pre-Olympic-BumpWatch-is-dumb

possible date?

This is such a bad idea; they are highly conservative over there and why bother since it's not like the Jubilee is something major anyway. It was just the same as any special occasion engagements.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
True Brit
Duchess

« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2012, 09:33:33 am »

I actually think this trip will be quite an ordeal. It's short, it will be packed with visits, it will be unbearable heat/humidity. It will be out of their comfort zone. I wonder who landed them with this one?

" Kate, Pippa and Carole Middleton seen at Manolo Blahnik today.. overheard asking if they carried shoes for cloven hooves. "
leogirl
Duchess

« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2012, 09:41:26 am »

It is out of their comfort zone, but honestly they need to do stuff like this if the monarchy is going to continue. They are the future king and queen; they can't just hide all the time.
Mooster
Duchess

"William, stop worrying...the paps wouldn't dare!"

« Reply #9 on: July 21, 2012, 01:56:00 pm »

I actually think this trip will be quite an ordeal. It's short, it will be packed with visits, it will be unbearable heat/humidity. It will be out of their comfort zone. I wonder who landed them with this one?

The heat will make William more tetchy and irritable with Kate than ever  easter-lol

Diana, Zac, Jemima, Ben and Sir James Goldsmith    

giamodel60
Countess

« Reply #10 on: July 21, 2012, 02:33:18 pm »

I think it's short because it's about all will can handle with waity. 1 week.

If you don't Beleive what I write don't read it. . Please ignore and move on , I'd rather not explain myself to you 100 times !
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #11 on: July 21, 2012, 07:32:49 pm »

Time for William and Kate to feel a little discomfort; the Queen Mother did engagements/tours with massive heatwaves and Diana did as much in Australia while pregnant and shortly after her marriage and I am certain that they should do the same. They spend enough time in the tropics in boiling temperatures and I am certain that a little heat and humidity shouldn't bother them during an engagement.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
serene grace
Princess

Appointed Moderator

« Reply #12 on: July 21, 2012, 10:10:18 pm »

I think it's short because it's about all will can handle with waity. 1 week.

thumbsup  laugh  You are probably right!

[/URL]
Yooper
Princess

« Reply #13 on: July 21, 2012, 11:29:01 pm »

This is actually kind of fun to wait and see what awesomely awkward remarks WK will have to say to the dignitaries there.  Maybe they have Faberge eggs there so she can show off her history of art street cred.   easter-lol

\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\"  Thomas Jefferson
giamodel60
Countess

« Reply #14 on: July 22, 2012, 12:23:35 am »

laugh laugh

it will be fun to compare pictures from the Canada trip.

Something tells me it won't be the same lovely looks from Miss Messy

If you don't Beleive what I write don't read it. . Please ignore and move on , I'd rather not explain myself to you 100 times !
serene grace
Princess

Appointed Moderator

« Reply #15 on: July 22, 2012, 05:35:30 am »

William's discomfort will probably hard for him to keep off his face when camera's are trained on them for hours. I hope they are getting along for this trip and Pr.William can hide his misery if it arises!  bored3

[/URL]
meememe
Duchess

« Reply #16 on: July 22, 2012, 07:33:01 am »

This tour is about as long as the other Jubilee tours except for Edward and Sophie's Caribbean tour which was about two weeks.  Harry's tour was shorter.  Most of the others have been two or three days - e.g. Charles and Camilla to Canada - although I expect them to have about 2 weeks for their NZ, Australia and PNG trip in November.

Gaeaskywalker
Baroness

« Reply #17 on: July 23, 2012, 06:44:12 am »

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2177414/Schools-Kate-Jubilee-trip.html

Certainly college officials were quietly confident that when Kate and Prince William made their trip on behalf of the Queen’s Diamond Jubilee to Malaysia, Singapore and the Solomon Islands in September, a royal visit to the school would be included.

However, I hear that those hopes have been dashed. And in Singapore yesterday the blame was being laid at the door of  British officials who were said to have let it be known that the possibility of the Duchess opening a top private school conveyed the ‘wrong image’

Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #18 on: July 23, 2012, 07:11:32 am »

For Marlborough College to have its most famous alumna cut the ribbon opening its new state- of-the-art Malaysian school would have been the icing on the cake after its successful campaign to recreate the ethos of its Wiltshire sister college in south-east Asia.

However, I hear that those hopes have been dashed. And in Singapore yesterday the blame was being laid at the door of  British officials who were said to have let it be known that the possibility of the Duchess opening a top private school conveyed the ‘wrong image’

Oh dear, this is not good for her, not good at all.

The British are letting it be known that the Duchess doens't belong around the namesake of the school she attended.

It was the right decision to not let Kate open the school. She isn't exactly the image any school would want for alumni representation. To spend all that money then go off to university to get a degree and never use it is simply ridiculous. The only degree Kate cared about was her M.R.S., she hasn't even put that to good use. Marlborough is better off playing its' association with Kate low key.
- Molly, Toronto CA, 23/7/2012 04:42

I wonder how St. Andrews feels about Kate being a graduate and having done nothing with her education.

windsor2
Princess

Harryite #21

« Reply #19 on: July 23, 2012, 02:38:48 pm »

^I sometimes wonder if they just gave Wills and Waity their degrees as it doesn't seem like they've leaned anything from their time at uni.
Royal insiders point out that neither the Duke nor the Duchess have any say on where they go or what they visit on royal tours.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2177414/Duchess-Cambridge-Schools-Kate-Middleton-Jubilee-trip.html#ixzz21S7HOZm9
This doesn't make much sense. Didn't we read that Wills was in charge of what he wanted to do on the Candian and Hollywood tour?

Keep Calm and Carry On
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 31   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: