Royal Gossip
December 11, 2017, 07:22:54 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Diamond Jubilee: Queen officially names Birmingham hospital  (Read 1069 times)
Nighthawk
Princess

« on: July 14, 2012, 05:18:28 am »

Diamond Jubilee: Queen officially names Birmingham hospital
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-birmingham-18799229
Accompanied by the Duke of Edinburgh, she arrived at Snow Hill Station and began her visit in Victoria Square before a short tour of the city centre.

The royal party then continued to Queen Elizabeth Hospital Birmingham where a piece of glasswork was unveiled as part of the naming ceremony.

The £545m building was opened to patients in June 2010.

The Queen met members of the hospital staff before being welcomed by Dame Julie Moore, chief executive of University Hospitals Birmingham NHS Foundation Trust and Sir Albert Bore, chairman of the trust.
YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2012, 12:25:49 pm »

began her visit in Victoria Square before a short tour of the city centre.
LOL I just read 'shot tour' rather then 'short tour'
Al of a sudden the image of HM and Philip going from one pub to the next for a shot of whiskey/gin/rum/vodka/whatever liqueur was crammed in my mind for some reason! laugh

\\\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\\\"  Thomas Jefferson
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: