Royal Gossip
December 11, 2017, 07:36:11 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 8   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Random News  (Read 28564 times)
Mia
Baroness

« Reply #20 on: January 30, 2011, 02:42:50 am »

DM: Egyptian looters destroy 2,000-year-old mummies in bid to steal King Tut's treasures

The army was on guard at Egypt’s most popular tourist sites last night after two 2,000-year-old mummies in the country’s national museum were destroyed by looters attempting to steal the treasures of King Tutankhamun.

Soldiers were positioned at the Pyramids and Cairo’s Egyptian Museum – the holding place for Tutankhamun’s priceless golden mask and other artifacts – on the fifth day of anti-government demonstrations in the country’s capital.
Nine men broke into the Egyptian Museum in the early hours of yesterday, taking advantage of damage caused to the building’s security by a fire in the neighbouring headquarters of the ruling National Democratic Party.

They were caught by police and a crowd of civilians while carrying out the skulls of two mummies and two statues estimated to be more than 2,000 years old.

One statue, believed to be of Tutankhamun, was broken into two pieces by the thieves, although officials said they hoped to be able to repair it.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOO sob sob sob sob

My heart sunk right now! I'm a huge fan o Egyptian history. My biggest dream was to visit Egypt and I'm fortunate to have do it already. I've seen those mummies, those statues, those treasures... sob Please do not destroy some of the Worlds most precious artifacts...

I've heard on TV that after the attack there were unarmed civilians forming a human shield around the museum. Just WOW!!!  worship worship

Take a bow Waitie Katie

YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #21 on: February 01, 2011, 02:46:10 am »

WHAT!!!! NOOOO WHY? screaming screaming
You bloody *fools*! Why are you stealing/destroying your heritage!
Those mummies didn't cause your troubles!  sauer sauer
Oh I get so pissed when I hear about heritage and history being destroyed for noting! Angry Angry
I cried bitter tears the day the Taliban regime blew up those big Buddha statues in Afghanistan, such a loss for no good reason   wine bye sob
You fools! What's next? Blow up the pyramids to build posh houses with the stones!  wine Angry
OOOoohhh I really don't get it, you are destroying one of your nations main sources of income (tourism) by doing that!
I mean it's not as if you can sell those statues on the art market  hiss hiss
Why do you think people come to Egypt?!
You can lie on a sunny beach al over the world but the Cairo museum is unique or rather the collection is! 
thumbsdown thumbsdown
Ruddy idiots!

Wow on those civilian patrols guarding the museum now  thumbsup
You guy's rock worship Kiss

\\\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\\\"  Thomas Jefferson
Earth Angel
Countess

Can you imagine a time when the truth ran free ...

« Reply #22 on: February 01, 2011, 02:49:24 am »

Senseless vandals! I saw this on the news yesterday and was upset they desecrated the dead and ruined artifacts.  bye

"The searching-out and thorough investigation of truth ought to be the primary study of man." ~ Cicero
"The way to gain a good reputation, is to endeavor to be what you desire to appear" ~ Socrates
"During times of universal deceit telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act". ~ George Orwell
"On the road from the City of Skepticism, I had to pass through the Valley of Ambiguity". ~ Adam Smith

*All posts are my opinion, based on what I know to be true at the time of the post, unless otherwise specified. All intents and purposes are free; no ill will or maliciousness involved*
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #23 on: February 01, 2011, 07:16:52 am »

And Muslims wonder why people resnet their presence.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
Byechoc
Countess

Nothing happens by accident. everything was a ....

« Reply #24 on: February 01, 2011, 10:04:23 pm »

NOwhy Well i was thinking about going there this year on vacation!!!  hiss hiss

In life nothing happens by accident. we must remember that there are no good that lasts forever. And evil that never ends. God works in mysterious ways. So I just have to accept what happens because we do not know what we gain by things go this way. Not always what initially seems an award is the. This happens when we fall in love, when we found out a new job when a friend disappears or when someone leaves for ever.
Mia
Baroness

« Reply #25 on: February 01, 2011, 10:14:21 pm »

Not the best time there

But if you can do it in the future, do it!! It's amazing...

Take a bow Waitie Katie

YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #26 on: February 01, 2011, 11:24:52 pm »

Hihi  tehe this reminds me.
The sister of one of my co-workers has just gone to the travel agency to book a trip to...Egypt!
My college went nuts, he was jelling at her on the phone during lunch saying things like "Are you insane! Do you wanna get killed! This might turn into a real warzone.."
You know she booked after the trouble started over there, thinking that the price might collapse, but....it didn't! it's still rather expensive: one week all in for 1500€ p/p! 
Tongue dumba$$! hihi!

\\\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\\\"  Thomas Jefferson
Mia
Baroness

« Reply #27 on: February 01, 2011, 11:28:08 pm »

lols

Take a bow Waitie Katie

Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #28 on: February 03, 2011, 02:50:56 pm »

How stupid. No one knows WHEN the problems will end and who knows WHAT the solution will be. I'm devastated to hear that the Muzzies are destroying thousands of years of antiquities. I supppose that if the Muzzies get in charge, the pyramids and sphinx will be next.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
Nighthawk
Princess

« Reply #29 on: February 19, 2011, 08:56:13 pm »

The world's biggest family: The man with 39 wives, 94 children and 33 grandchildren
 http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1358654/The-worlds-biggest-family-Ziona-Chan-39-wives-94-children-33-grandchildren.html#ixzz1ERMxt7AS

blink Shocked loveshower  feel the love easter-lol
Dahlia
Baroness

« Reply #30 on: February 19, 2011, 09:24:15 pm »

Holy *poo*! it´s like a firm.  ick

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2011/02/19/article-1358654-0D434671000005DC-127_964x559.jpg   wopedo

Prince Philip would have now a pearl of wisdom...
Nighthawk
Princess

« Reply #31 on: March 10, 2011, 02:12:28 am »

Mother leaves daughter £10,000 in will and says 'Follow your dream'... so she spends it all on CHOCOLATE

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1364516/Mary-Tetley-45-left-10k-mothers-spends-CHOCOLATE.html#ixzz1G9tl7H9C

may her mother RIP

such a sweet (yes a nice pun intended) story.  Best of luck to her family
Raisie
Countess

« Reply #32 on: March 10, 2011, 02:19:05 am »

laugh when i saw what you wrote Nighthawk i almost get angry to her,i was "you mother was sweet,she told you to follow your dream and spend it in chocolate?"
Then i saw more and i understood the whole story  Embarrassed

"Only do what your heart tells you."
- Princess Diana

‎"There is no civilization living today which did not originate in the work and effort of Monarchy"
Nighthawk
Princess

« Reply #33 on: March 10, 2011, 02:22:30 am »

I know when I read the headline I thought omg this woman wasted that money on all chocolate.  Then I read the story headline does give the story injustice.
YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #34 on: March 10, 2011, 02:38:19 am »

Hmm I wonder...
What would our TCP say of this one?  tehe

mousiekins
Super Moderator

Harryite #2

« Reply #35 on: March 10, 2011, 09:15:19 pm »

That was a wonderful thing for her Mum to do.

Nighthawk
Princess

« Reply #36 on: March 14, 2011, 02:34:47 am »

Has the real lost city of Atlantis finally been found... buried under mud flats in Spain?
 http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1365824/Has-real-lost-city-Atlantis-finally--buried-mud-flats-Spain.html#ixzz1GXK5K7IO
karla64
Baroness

« Reply #37 on: March 14, 2011, 02:16:05 pm »

umm interesing.. here the national georgraphic channel it talks about finding Atlantic.. It will show on tv on Tuesday(tomorrow)

http://channel.nationalgeographic.com/episode/finding-atlantis-4982/Overview

[
karla64
Baroness

« Reply #38 on: April 05, 2011, 10:17:25 pm »

blink 

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1373666/Cow-thinks-shes-horse-swaps-dairy-showjumping-arena.html

[
YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #39 on: May 18, 2012, 02:50:11 am »

http://www.chacha.com/gallery/2228/dumb-laws/17982
funny laws you yanks have!

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 8   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: