Royal Gossip
March 27, 2019, 03:31:21 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Royal Blind Item: Who Is This "Pendulum Prince"?  (Read 19515 times)
berlin
Countess

« Reply #20 on: July 25, 2012, 10:23:09 pm »

As it says royal husband it may be a tip for Henrik's situation (he is royal by marriage). But for me both Henrik & Harald are good guesses.

Although I cannot see Margrethe on the situation described by the blind item.

Actually I think it perfectly describes Margarethe.  I've read (I think the book 1015 Copenhagen K: Mary's Dysfunctional In-Laws by Trine Villeman) that Margarethe caught him in a situation and it greatly shocked and distressed her.  Also Margarethe's pastimes include artistic work and design.  I've also read that she allowed Henrik to have complete control over how Fred and Joachim were raised and it was a very brutal upbringing for them.  About the "all his children" bit, the writer goes on to only describe two kids, so that's a big clue that the Royal Couple only had two children. I'm going to have to go through the book and point out walk I'm talking about.  
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #21 on: July 26, 2012, 06:33:23 pm »

If you make a thread with the best stories I would be grateful  worship

“Three things are to be looked to in a building: that it stand on the right spot, that it be securely founded, that it be successfully executed.” ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
HC
Countess

« Reply #22 on: July 26, 2012, 10:08:57 pm »

i am thinking Prince Joachim of Denmark and Princess Marie

they have 2 kids together + 2 kids from his previous marriage....his divorce from his first wife sparked a lot of controversy ( why would she divorce him soon after giving birth) and whispers about partying/drinking with underage girls and cheating. so that could be the rumors coming from abroad.

the naivety of the bride..when Marie said that she wanted to be a "farmer's wife" and that she would be happy with that wopedo yeah...right!!!! plus she just seemed to perky and down with everything.

or guess #2: Queen Silvia and King Carl-Gustaf......he seems like he would be the type. just sleezy.

There has been rumours that Joachim had an affair with a "livrist" a male servant. The rumours occurred in 1997 where a lawsuit was made against the livrist for stealing- and the rumour occurred as the law suit was dropped.

But my guess is that the marriage broke down when Joachim met Marie. Joachim met Marie 2 months after the birth of Felix in 2002.

I have always wondered why some women accept adultery if not with other women. My opinion is that it is cheating - no matter the gender you are cheating with.

Perhaps there is more than one pendulum prince.
berlin
Countess

« Reply #23 on: July 27, 2012, 02:01:38 am »

Alex had known Martin (her current husband) since 1999, and I think they had relations well before Joachim moved on to Marie.  I think Joachim's drunken antics are attributable to his distress at the breakdown of the marriage and I don't believe that he would have broken up his family for anyone, including Marie.  I think Alex was the one who wanted to move on.  Joachim would have sacrificed much to keep his family together.

« Last Edit: July 27, 2012, 02:03:23 am by berlin » Logged
serene grace
Princess

Appointed Moderator

« Reply #24 on: July 27, 2012, 02:07:35 am »

I believed it was Alexandra too, who wanted to move on. Alexandra remarried before Joachim, I think she was already interested in the toyboy photographer by the end of the marriage.

I don't think the Pendelum Prince in this article is Joachim, he would be too young.  eating cookies

[/URL]
berlin
Countess

« Reply #25 on: July 27, 2012, 03:47:45 am »

Ok I am not finished, but here are some quotes from the book 1015 Copenhagen K: Mary's Dysfunctional In-Laws by Trine Villemann, to compare with part of the Blind-item article.  I will go through the book to back up the rest of the article.  I just need a little break.  I begin eacch section with a quote from the blind-item article (italicized) and the bulleted points are from the book.

1.   It wouldn’t matter too much if the Royal Wife had known and accepted his inclinations at the time of their marriage, but apparently she didn’t and the truth came as a great shock. In dynastic style, she put the family line first and buried herself in work.

⁃   "Staff at Amalienborg always wondered why the Queen never seemed interested in her children.  There are many theories.  Some believe that shortly after the birth of Frederik, the Queen suffered an enormous disappointment in her marriage and, in an attempt to survive, pushed everything and everybody aside in order to 'just make it through one day at a time without breaking down.'" (23).
   ⁃   "… but it is my impression that there have been occasions when the Queen has had reason to feel let down by her husband. . . .  She has had to learn to give him space as a person, but, as the Queen of Denmark, she has never been alone. . . . He has helped and supported her in her role as Head of State . . . ."  (76).
   ⁃   "But the Queen worships her husband and over the years, he has managed to get away with quite a lot of mischief."  (39).
   ⁃   "Over the years, Margarethe has had her fair share of personal crises. . . . Some friends claim that certain areas of her marriage have been a disappointment. . . . But it has never entered her mind to abandon her duty."  (50).
   ⁃   "[Prince Henrik's] father . . . was far from enthusiastic about his son's love . . . . Count André was seriously worried that Henrik's choice had more to do with ambition than feelings."  (66).

2.   While the Royal Wife was busy, busy, busy with cutting ribbons and pastimes of her own, There were a number of crises, but the Royal Wife insisted putting on a public front.

⁃   "[Else, the royal nanny] could not ask the Queen for advice, as Margarethe lived in her own universe of royal duties, art and religion."  (22).  
   ⁃   "No one could explain the Queen's lack of interest in Frederik and his brother. . . . There was no doubt that her role as monarch kept her busy, especially as Margarethe valued duty above all else. . . . But even when the Queen was at the Palace and had some spare time, Margarethe's interests … dominated those hours."  (22).
   ⁃   "'If it were something the Queen had a strong interest in, then she would spend time with the boys. . . .'"  (22).  
   ⁃   ". . . [Else] was not able of guiding [Frederik] in his position as Crown Prince . . . .  That was something that only his mother could do . . . .  But, unfortunately, that element was totally absent from Frederik's childhood. . . ."  (23).  
   ⁃   "When you ask friends of the Queen what takes up her life, the answer is unanimous; her duty, her faith and her art."  (47).
   ⁃   "Fifteen Establishment ladies have joined the Queen . . . for more than 20 years to dance classical ballet."  (46).
   ⁃   "At Amalienborg they call art 'the Queen's oxygen' . . . . (49).
« Last Edit: July 27, 2012, 03:53:06 am by berlin » Logged
serene grace
Princess

Appointed Moderator

« Reply #26 on: July 27, 2012, 03:49:47 am »

Sounds on target.

[/URL]
berlin
Countess

« Reply #27 on: July 27, 2012, 03:55:04 am »

Just wait till I post the stuff about Henrik.  I'm going to have to take a breather before I do that.
HC
Countess

« Reply #28 on: July 27, 2012, 04:35:25 pm »

Alex had known Martin (her current husband) since 1999, and I think they had relations well before Joachim moved on to Marie.  I think Joachim's drunken antics are attributable to his distress at the breakdown of the marriage and I don't believe that he would have broken up his family for anyone, including Marie.  I think Alex was the one who wanted to move on.  Joachim would have sacrificed much to keep his family together.

As Martin actually was present at the bachelor party for Joachim at his second marriage I have a hard time imagining that Martin was the cause of the marriage to fall apart.

Yes Alex knew Martin from the very beginning. But Martin belongs to the jet set in Denmark and his father was and still is a friend to Queen Margrethe. Last he was responsible for the jubilee interview with her previous this year.
berlin
Countess

« Reply #29 on: July 27, 2012, 04:44:43 pm »

Well I certainly don't attribute the breakup of the marriage to Marie.
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #30 on: July 27, 2012, 06:07:40 pm »

thank you so much berlin for the quotes

about J&A marriage, I think it's both things; Alexandra wanted out of the marriage but imo Joachim must have been always a pain to live with.

“Three things are to be looked to in a building: that it stand on the right spot, that it be securely founded, that it be successfully executed.” ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
berlin
Countess

« Reply #31 on: July 27, 2012, 06:32:04 pm »

You're welcome Alexandrine.  I will add more quotes later. 

I've read that Alex was the dominant, controlling one who would belittle and disrespect Joachim even in front of his friends.  I am not saying that Joachim is perfect.  I'm sure, especially with his childhood, he has his own issues that contributed to the breakdown off the marriage as well.
HC
Countess

« Reply #32 on: July 27, 2012, 06:35:16 pm »

Well I certainly don't attribute the breakup of the marriage to Marie.

Well as Alexandra gave birth to Felix juli 2002 one can imagine that the marriage was still sort of intact 9 month before the birth. It is not likely that they would want another fetilitytreatment if they had already decided to get divorced in 2001. Knowing pregnant women I don't think much romance occurred in the 9 month or the months after the birth.

At least not on Alexandra side.  tehe

But Joachim had not the trouble being pregnant or breatfeeding in the months after the birth. He had the opportunity to get a romance with Marie.

And Alexandra looking pissed off at the baptism of Felix - quite unusual for her, thats why it made such an impression - chose to make an end to the marriage.

That is my guess.
spanishlover
Baroness

want to find real love at last!

« Reply #33 on: August 02, 2012, 08:34:32 pm »

but i bet Alexandra wasn;t someone you could easily live with..they both got married young..people change...she has a type A personality/very aggressive...she suited a certain part of his life ( when he was the ONLY married danish prince)..now marie suits this part of his life.
berlin
Countess

« Reply #34 on: August 02, 2012, 10:30:54 pm »

More quotes from.  I will add some more.

3.   the Royal Husband found plenty of me time, down time, and private time with some close friends, prudently away from the attentions of paparazzi.

⁃   "Henrik's exclusive circle of friends provides him with a sanctuary. . . . He frequently socializes in Copenhagen without Margarethe."  (70).

4.   When it came to the children, the Royal Husband was overly strict. The Royal Wife looked the other way, just as she did over his other activities. The result was that the children were emotionally damaged by such harsh discipline.

⁃   "[Margarethe] rarely ventured into the upstairs quarters where the two small princes lived in splendid but lonely isolation away from Mummy and Daddy."  (16).

⁃   "But it was also Papa who frequently and severely disciplined the boys. . . . To this day Joachim still recalls the spanking he received from Henrik when he was just three years old, for accidentally breaking a precious Chinese vase. . . . Joachim was so upset that he tried to run away, with good reason. . . . Henrik chased him all over the Palace, grabbed him and slapped him. . . . As ever, Else [the royal nanny], not Margarethe picked up the pieces of the broken little Prince and consoled him."  (17).

⁃   "Frederik was . . . soft, sensitive and verbally crippled even back then."  (Ibid). 

⁃   "The Queen's perpetual absence and Papa's spanking were an emotional and developmental disaster for Frederik."  (Ibid).

⁃   ". . . Frederik and Joachim . . . were only ever allowed 'downstairs' when the Queen or Prince Frederik asked for them."  (Ibid).

⁃   "One of the most significant landmarks in the princes' upbringing was the first time Frederik and Joachim were allowed to eat at the same table as their parents."  (18). 
   ⁃   "'My Dad told us that this was a big thing and that we were now allowed to eat with our parents and that it was a great honor . . . . It was . . . a very formal event, like an audience with your parents."  (Ibid).

⁃   "Without hesitation, [Henrik] perpetuated a harsh regime of punishment that he himself had endured as a child, never realizing that Frederik in particular could not handle the rough approach."  (21).

⁃   "'Frederik was always told that his achievements were not good enough, that he could have done better. . . . It was not just the physical punishment it was also the psychological."  (21). 

⁃       "A strategy for rearing and grooming the future King of Denmark was never created and Frederik grew up in a minefield of an absent mother, a frustrated nanny and a father with a medieval approach to childrearing."  (23).

⁃   "When his sons were born, he failed to understand the controversy he created when he declared, 'Children are to be raised like dogs - with a very firm hand.'"  (69). 
berlin
Countess

« Reply #35 on: August 02, 2012, 10:54:31 pm »

More from 1015 Copenhagen K: Mary's Dysfunctional In-Laws by Trine Villemann.  I think these will be my last entries from the book.

5.   One had rebellious episodes, and although is technically ‘settled’, some fear that situation might not hold forever.

⁃   "The Crown Prince later admitted that his teenage years were probably the worst period of his life. . . . 'I did not talk enough about my problems, I really did not.'"  (26).

⁃   "'He was not rebelling against his parents. . . . He was just totally being reckless with his own life. . . . Frederik had absolutely no sense of how much he reissued when he was speeding. . . . I remember thinking that it was odd that no one had told him what a loss it would be, if he killed himself or another person.'" (27).

⁃   "But Frederik did not slow down, no matter how many times the Queen admonished him. . . . The staff at Amalienborg used to joke, 'The bad news is that the Crown Prince has been caught speeding again. . . .  The good news is at least he gets to see his mother.'"  (Ibid).

⁃   ". . . [W]hen Frederik was nineteen years old, he was sent abroad for the first time on official business. . . . Frederik developed an impossibly contorted way of walking. . . . With one hand stuck firmly behind his back, he crept into a room sideways like a crab. . . . Danes . . . had become accustomed to his lack of self-assurance. . . . But it was a real shock for foreigners who were catching their first glimpse of the heir to the world's oldest monarchy. . . . [T]he Prince projected the image of an emotional cripple."  (Ibid).

⁃   "'That trip was far too much to digest for such an immature young man. . . . He had no sense or knowledge about what to do or say. . . . At the Embassy, we were quite astonished about his lack of knowledge about how such a royal visit is carried out. . . . And then he was also shockingly insecure.'"  (28).

⁃   "The Queen was horrified by the reports about Frederik's drunken exploits in Japanese nightclubs. . . . Despite the adverse publicity, the Queen did not feel compelled to initiate new efforts to help Frederik with his king-apprenticeship. . . . As always, she turned a blind eye to the problem and her heir's obvious discomfort with his position."  (29). 
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #36 on: August 02, 2012, 11:02:18 pm »

Thank you so much!

There is nothing about Ingrid's opinion & behaviour about this mess?

I have a special affection to Frederik but his life choices are still a mess and not even the choice of wife was the best for him imo.

berlin
Countess

« Reply #37 on: August 02, 2012, 11:19:44 pm »

About Ingrid: "'Without Queen Ingrid, life would have been impossible for Frederik . . . . She never criticized Queen Margarethe, absolutely not, but she had a very calm manner and an ability to slide into a situation when she was needed. . . . The Queen never had time for Frederik, but Queen Ingrid did.'"  (20).

I agree with you about Mary.  Although I think she has improved somewhat, she is not a good choice at all for Frederik, who desperately needed a Queen Elizabeth, Queen Mother or Queen Ingrid as his wife.  I do feel for Mary because I think she is trying to improve and took on more than she bargained for, but she is the worst possible choice for Frederik and Denmark.  

I also agree in that Frederik still makes the same choices from his teenagehood.  I still see the same man as in those quotes I provided from his first official trip overseas.  It's a tragedy.  To me, Margarethe and Henrik are the worst of the Royal couples because they failed miserably in training and teaching Fred on how to be King.  It's a tragedy really.  Perhaps the monarchy should have gone to Knud instead.
HC
Countess

« Reply #38 on: August 03, 2012, 08:49:31 pm »

If Knud had been king then the present crownprincess would be Camilla.

Camilla and her husbond has a business with electronic cigarettes. I don't know if she has any education to speak of. She has a twinsister and a little sister.

Her picture is on this webpage next to Nixon.

She and her twinsister are often in tv a royal event to talk about royal issues. They always get into arguments with each other as I think is typical twin behaviour. They do seem to be very average persons.

http://www.idefabrikken.dk/ungpige.html
FrillyKnickers
gossip insider

So many heads, so many wits.

« Reply #39 on: August 25, 2012, 07:46:06 pm »

I can't believe  dontknow everyone found this one so difficult  huh , as this man had been ALL OVER the news this year:

Royal Husband: King Juan Carlos

Royal Wife: Queen Sofia

1. KJC was an honorary president of the Spanish Branch of WWF, which is an organization where Prince Phillip is President Emeritus.

KJC was ousted as HP this past July for hunting wild game in Botswana thumbsdown

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/spain/9417840/King-Juan-Carlos-of-Spain-ousted-from-WWF-presidency-after-row-over-hunting-trip.html

Google results of KJC scandals: https://www.google.com/#hl=en&sclient=psy-ab&q=king+juan+carlos+scandal&oq=king+juan+carlos+&gs_l=serp.1.1.0l4.717.717.5.2173.1.1.0.0.0.0.113.113.0j1.1.0.les%3B..0.0...1c.XlAkpZX0mOY&pbx=1&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.r_qf.&fp=d31f8fe11fc67001&biw=983&bih=465

2. This is not the British Royal Family, although Queen Elizabeth knows all about the Royal Husband; all royal families know each other and most know each other’s secrets. The late Princess Diana also knew about this Royal Husband, but not through marrying Charles and joining the House of Windsor. And that is actually the biggest clue of all.

^^This is clearly a link/tied to the person in question.

Diana & Charles often took trips to Majorca, Spain when they were married, and, as you can see in this video, they're w/ the boys, and with KJC and his wife:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ye8ed19KIac

Diana was rumored to have slept with KJC, although it could've been a way to deflect from the gay rumors surrounding him, which would therefore be "the biggest clue of all." Because, no one knows of they had an affair, if the affair was rumor, or if the rumor was thrown out there to deflect from the gay rumors.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2099114/Did-Spains-King-Don-Juan-Carlos-affair-Diana.html

3. The BIGGEST wellduh of them ALL: Queen Sofia is related to both PP & HM: "Through Christian IX of Denmark and Queen Victoria, she is also related to Elizabeth II and thereby related to all the royal families of Europe. She is also a first cousin once removed of Elizabeth II's husband, Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Queen_Sof%C3%ADa_of_Spain#Ancestry

dontknow anything about Felipe's childhood, but in his marriage to Letizia, when they courted/dated it was scandalous as she was married before and Letizia's in the news for her erratic behaviour and possible eating disorder.

Consider this puzzle, solved. Case closed. You're  welcome

I'm  tired. I'm going to fix up some  bored3

Again, you're: welcome
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: