Royal Gossip
August 21, 2017, 11:01:54 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Mette-Marit in India, where she will be looking for the meaning of life  (Read 7503 times)
Yooper
Princess

« Reply #20 on: August 16, 2012, 07:40:39 am »

Is this funded by taxpayer monies or her own private money, if there is such a thing?

\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\"  Thomas Jefferson
rogue
Duchess

« Reply #21 on: August 16, 2012, 11:40:46 am »

She has security with her so taxpayers are paying for it in some way or another.She has too much time on her hands and doesn't seem to have a defined role in the RF.
Kuei Fei
Princess

Moderator/I'm so royal I piss blue

« Reply #22 on: August 16, 2012, 04:10:21 pm »

Is this funded by taxpayer monies or her own private money, if there is such a thing?

Mette didn't have any money of her own when she married Haakon, so it's all taxpayer funds.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
Yooper
Princess

« Reply #23 on: August 16, 2012, 04:22:19 pm »

^ and ^^, Ok then, if she's going to go on a self-enlightening trip there's no argument that she should be using her own private funds if not to be fair to those who are paying, then to actually be active in self-enlightenment!  She's completely missing the irony.  Period.  Sell a ring.

\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\"  Thomas Jefferson
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #24 on: August 16, 2012, 05:05:07 pm »

Mette was working as a waitress and had been recovering from drug addiction and was a single mother whne she met Haakon. Amazing how seh's barely done anyhting but go to fashion shows and India since her marriage.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
berlin
Countess

« Reply #25 on: August 16, 2012, 05:24:26 pm »

Before she goes on these New Age jaunts she should try all the Christian denominations in Norway, but something tells me that would be much more unpopular. 
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #26 on: August 16, 2012, 05:45:30 pm »

I am certain that a church would give her more fulfillment and at less conditional terms. It doesn't look like India is helping at all.

Yooper
Princess

« Reply #27 on: August 16, 2012, 11:18:44 pm »

Interesting.  I didn't know that much about her before this.  For me, a spiritual journey is so intensely personal that it's simply nobody else's business what their beliefs are.  But, in this case, if she really wants to explore this, that's cool, but just find a way to do it on your own dime.  Once you become a public figure, you lose the luxury of doing whatever you want, however you want.  That's the flip side.

Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #28 on: August 17, 2012, 05:05:45 am »

How many of them is she going to take? she's been married to Haakon for ten years and Crown Princess for ten years and I am certain that she should have figured herself out by now.

Yooper
Princess

« Reply #29 on: August 17, 2012, 05:07:25 am »

^Evidently not.

YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #30 on: August 17, 2012, 11:08:50 pm »

Perhaps that Brevik shooting last year made her rethink some stuff.
Trauma can cause religious selfdoubt and perhaps she looking for an answer to the hardest question "why did He let that happen?"

\\\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\\\"  Thomas Jefferson
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #31 on: August 18, 2012, 09:40:11 am »

Then why oculdn't Mette form a support group for the survivors and people who lost family in Norway? Mette lost a stepbrother who she wasn't close to, but she could use that experience to bond with people who lost thier kids, siblings, and as a result have their lives ripped apart.

She keeps throwing away chances and opportunities to really make something of herself, but throws it away on trips to places like India and she SHOULD be acting like a Crown Princess, not a angst filled starlet or some silly debutante who wants to find reason or meaning in a fortunate life.

Spice
Countess

William and Lupo: the real royal love match

« Reply #32 on: August 18, 2012, 10:13:26 am »

I agree that she is wasting public money on a luxury spiritual retreat.

However I think the idea of a bereavement support group wouldn't really work.  Royals can't really participate with people in settings like support groups.  The royal status is a distraction and it could upset people more, since most people in the group still have to worry about putting a roof over their head, possibly more so after bereavement.

Individual therapy is the best option for a royal, IMHO.  It's something they can afford, its usually confidential, and no one else is inconvenienced.

Spirituality is bigger than religion.  Not everybody wants to go to church.  There are others way to practise spirituality.

Citizen not subject - I support the Republic UK and Republic NZ campaigns for system reform.
YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #33 on: August 18, 2012, 02:53:32 pm »

Not everybody deal with mourning in a practical way KF, it's the difference between being a doer or a feeler I guess.
I can understand up to a certain level that she wants to find out things for her self before looking at others.
Sometimes you just need to be a bit selfish and do things for your own peace of mind before you can connect with others who have been trough the same.
The fact that she's a CP doesn't change that, she's human first imo,
but I hope it doesn't take her too long, I wouldn't want her to become an euro Masako!
I agree with spice though, she should be using her own money for this and not public funding.

\\\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\\\"  Thomas Jefferson
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: