Royal Gossip
April 26, 2019, 03:19:38 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Why This Man Is Too Dangerous To Be King  (Read 2489 times)
Earth Angel
Countess

Can you imagine a time when the truth ran free ...

« on: December 18, 2010, 12:52:23 am »

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1339707/Why-man-dangerous-king-In-landmark-essay-Max-Hastings-tells-increasingly-eccentric-royal-imperil-monarchy.html?ito=feeds-newsxml

I'm not going to waste my time analyzing this one, but the author's black and white perspective contradicts itself throughout. I couldn't even finish reading the nonsense! Charles does not take a black and white stance in his book "Harmony" and to categorize his views as such is ignorant, imo. How can Charles worth lie in the position he holds, rather than the person he is, yet he still be viewed as dangerous?! Labeled a harmless eccentric by some, but dangerous in his eccentricities by others?! Where's the middle ground in the discussion? Everyone's got an agenda in England, when it pertains to the royals, and stuffing Charles into some pre-conceived box only serves one's own self interests.

Bottomline: Charles advocates a balance between intuition/instinct/wisdom and linear logic or the scientific method. He knows both are important modes of thinking and he cautions against leanings and biases on the side of science. It is a HOLISTIC way of life he advocates. If his depth of knowledge is too much for someone, perhaps they should further develop their own intellect!

Does anyone in England really understand Charles or are they too wrapped up in their own passions and agendas to step back and see him and his vision for what it truly is ... ONE of Holistic Authenticity within and without!

Mr. Max Hastings do you get it yet?   Lips Sealed
« Last Edit: December 18, 2010, 12:58:40 am by Earth Angel » Logged

"The searching-out and thorough investigation of truth ought to be the primary study of man." ~ Cicero
"The way to gain a good reputation, is to endeavor to be what you desire to appear" ~ Socrates
"During times of universal deceit telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act". ~ George Orwell
"On the road from the City of Skepticism, I had to pass through the Valley of Ambiguity". ~ Adam Smith

*All posts are my opinion, based on what I know to be true at the time of the post, unless otherwise specified. All intents and purposes are free; no ill will or maliciousness involved*
Earth Angel
Countess

« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2010, 02:20:18 am »

I should probably add that I didn't miss the point of Mr. Hastings essay. And saying the Queen is revered precisely because she is devoid of public opinion and discernable personality bespeaks a society that is ill. Such is why I did not want to continue on in writing my observations, but for purposes of clarity I will.

To put it succinctly, "Broken Britain" is disintegrating and if anyone feels threatened by Charles' integrated approach & pragmatic way of life, perhaps they should engage in some introspection. Why is integration of mind and by logical progression the environment so reprehensible to some people? Such does not stifle diversity, it encourages individuality and HARMONY with one's fellow man and the natural environment!

And I surmise the monarchy will not survive without unique, authentic characters that can rise above the fray and express their ideologies, while demonstrating a freedom of thought within certain cultural parameters. There is nothing messianic about what Charles advocates. Perhaps some see him as a false prophet because it eases their conscience when they engage in trying to scapegoat him for not being their conception of royal perfection?!
« Last Edit: December 18, 2010, 02:24:52 am by Earth Angel » Logged

"The searching-out and thorough investigation of truth ought to be the primary study of man." ~ Cicero
"The way to gain a good reputation, is to endeavor to be what you desire to appear" ~ Socrates
"During times of universal deceit telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act". ~ George Orwell
"On the road from the City of Skepticism, I had to pass through the Valley of Ambiguity". ~ Adam Smith

*All posts are my opinion, based on what I know to be true at the time of the post, unless otherwise specified. All intents and purposes are free; no ill will or maliciousness involved*
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2010, 04:44:45 pm »

CHARLES ISN'T GOING TO BE RUNNING THE COUNTRY!!!!! If they should worry about anyone, they should worry about the politicians. Besides, when Cahrles was spouting about the environment, it was with the coordination and blessing of the Blair and Brown government! Charles isn't going ot be running anyhting, only advising and I don't see any of these pissy little self righteous columnists creating the Prince's Trust and lifting people out of the gutter like Charles has! All they do is sit on thier ever expanding arses and snipe at him from the comfort of their laptops.

Charles will be representing the nation as an ornament and a guide giving advice that the politicians never have to follow! I daresay Charles knows more abotu the country than the pampered politicians and the idiot columnists. They should spend a day working at the Prince's Trust and see what Charles does for all of the kids who are rejects by society.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
Dahlia
Baroness

« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2010, 05:56:58 pm »

The medias just want young and attractive couples (okay William is still young...). This youth obsession is annoying.  easter-James
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2010, 06:02:51 pm »

Tell me about it. The way they go on about Charles, you would think that he is Pol-Pot in waiting. He will have no power and no influence as King and I am sick of the youth obsession too. Movies tehse days center around young adults, not actual actors.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
Dahlia
Baroness

« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2010, 06:25:09 pm »

I´m glad that the users at DM think like us!
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2010, 09:54:22 pm »

If I were a columnist, I would be more worried about the Middletons gathering around the Throne than Charles who has managed to nicely mix establishment style with the concern of a hippie whne it comes to the environment.

YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2010, 10:28:38 pm »

^ hihi now I have a funny image of Charlie the groovy hippie in my mind thanks for the giggle KF! easter-lol  Spooky-bat
But on topic I think that Charles will do a good job as king after all he seemed to have found an inner rest and stability over the last decade, he's doing a great job already!
A pity the press doesn't cover even one fifth of all his activities!  :(
They are still reviving the past -or rather they are trying with Kate - instead of looking at the future.  X-Mas_rolleyes

\\\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\\\"  Thomas Jefferson
Fernanda Nunes
Baroness

« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2010, 11:42:30 pm »

Perhaps their game now is to attack Charles, he is closer to the line of succession, they may also not happy with the possibility of one day KM be a Queen consort, then attack the Charles and form a public opinion against him is an easy way to avoid that one day KM be crowned Queen Consort, attack KM does not help much, because PW is still far from the succession, this is a path shorter and safer, Who Knows .....

Motto for the year 2019: "He who overcomes will have these things for his heritage; and I will be his God, and he will be my son." (AP 21:7).
http://www.igrejacristamaranata.org.br/en/home/
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #9 on: December 19, 2010, 06:34:30 pm »

If Charles had been this way in the times of the pre-revolutionary France and Russia, he would have been hailed by the press (even communists if he didn't have a title) a a savior of the people and his extravagances more then excused, in fact, he would have been loved all the more for it. The problem with the Brits (forgive me by fellow posters who are Brits) is that they have been EXTREMELY SPOILED by their royal family and their form of monarchy in general. The Monarchy as an institution has pretty much changed with the times and done it happily enough.

The Brits never had to undergo the Terror of the French Revolution because of a king unwilling to relinquish absolute power, they never ahd to deal with a Tsar who strung up Jews and had cossaks whip protestors and neglected their welfare while enjoying simply country pursuits and each time a British monarch had absolute power, they did well, with a few hideous exceptions and that was mainly over religion or in the case of Harry VIII, marriage which caused all those problems. The other monarchs after the Stuarts cooperated fully with Parliament and even Henry VIII didn't step out of line and rule on his own by dissolving Parliament. 

If they covered all that Charles did and did profiles on all the people he helped, he would have likely in any sensible country been nominated by his govenrment for the Nobel Prize for Peace and among other humanitarian awards. He would have been feted constantly, but do the ingrate Brits appreciate this, NO THEY DON'T. These pampered coluumnists have NEVER had to deal with a monarchy that truly couldn't care less, a REAL fascist government, and I daresay that they keep blaming the wrong people for the nation's problems.

SPOILED SPOILED SPOILED is what I call these self righteous columnists.

Scarlet Flowers
courtier

Just when you thought they weren't any sillier...

« Reply #10 on: December 21, 2010, 12:10:22 am »

Who is he dangerous to?  I think the man is just eccentric.

"They made us many promises, more than I can remember, but they never kept but one; they promised to take our land, and they took it."--Anonymous Indian

From the highly reccommended book Bury My Heart at Wounded Knee.
Yooper
Princess

« Reply #11 on: December 21, 2010, 01:17:38 am »

I refuse to read this because if I do?  My head will implode. My guess is that it's more info than I can handle.  Yes/No or do I need to know?  Those who DO know must guide me.  What a major learning day for the Yoop.

\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\"  Thomas Jefferson
Earth Angel
Countess

« Reply #12 on: December 21, 2010, 02:20:09 am »

The article just muddles and confuses the concepts, while spinning them to fit with the anti-Charles agenda. However, the book is very clear and easy to understand. I'm actually enjoying the reading. I was a Philosophy major/ Women's Studies minor / Ethics Concentrate as an undergraduate, so I like reading in depth theories that raise ethical questions. I can't say yet whether or not I think Charles arguments are sound & rational on the whole, but the foundational premises most certainly are. The book highlights art, nature, science, philosophy, religion, and sacred geometry, to name the trending topics he's touched on so far as I've read. ...
« Last Edit: December 21, 2010, 02:23:27 am by Earth Angel » Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: