Royal Gossip
August 16, 2018, 08:53:11 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: An article by HRH The Prince of Wales on Men's fashion  (Read 524 times)
Nighthawk
Princess

« on: June 12, 2012, 02:39:25 pm »

An article by HRH The Prince of Wales on the launch of the British Fashion Council's Men's Collection in London, GQ Magazine
http://www.princeofwales.gov.uk/speechesandarticles/an_article_by_hrh_the_prince_of_wales_on_the_launch_of_the_b_2013339184.html
I must say, it was a complete surprise to learn recently that I had been voted one of GQ’s Best Dressed Men [in March 2012]. It wasn’t so long ago I was voted by another panel of judges the Worst Dressed. In the past I have been named both in successive years. In fact, in the early Seventies, I swung from one extreme to another so often that when I turned up for a dinner at the Master Tailors’ Benevolent Association in London’s Grosvenor Square in 1971 I was confronted by my poor tailor, whose despair was only too evident when he responded to press questions about my being chosen as the worst-dressed man for that year. In an anguished voice, he said, “But you don’t know his measurements!”

It was probably this experience that made me decide I simply had to go my own way and stick to what I felt suited me. As that happens to involve what many once considered to be old-fashioned double-breasted suits, I can only expect to be considered unfash­ionable; although one commentator recently called me “beyond fashion”, which added a whole new dimension to my confusion.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: