Royal Gossip
September 22, 2017, 11:33:23 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Is this the end of the monarchy?  (Read 4983 times)
True Brit
Duchess

« on: June 10, 2012, 11:03:57 am »

Peter Hitchens never shies away from controversy - he thinks the Monarchy is finished.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/article-2156929/PETER-HITCHENS-Pop-goes-Monarchy-The-Queen-listened-Paul-McCartney--I-heard-end-Royal-Family.html

" Kate, Pippa and Carole Middleton seen at Manolo Blahnik today.. overheard asking if they carried shoes for cloven hooves. "
rogue
Duchess

« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2012, 11:21:14 am »

thankyou for posting that article.Its interesting that the Jubilee brought more doubters .The Queen made the wrong move by celebrating the Windsor family rather celebrating the nation.The whole Jubilee was some sort of anti-climax.Just like the wedding of the century.
georgiana
Baroness

« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2012, 12:17:37 pm »

^ couldn't agree more, it just didn't live up to the hype
memyselfandroyals
Countess

Good and bad things return

« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2012, 01:33:15 pm »

pROBABLY will end with her

All my comments/posts are only assumptions, thoughts and belifs. I don't make affirmations about facts i don't know about.

Jane23
Princess

« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2012, 02:38:23 pm »

How ridiculous now the Monarchy is ending because Liz was honored by pop artists?  sly Anyways... Chuck is a FIGHTER he will not go down ...he will put on a good fight...
memyselfandroyals
Countess

« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2012, 02:39:34 pm »

who is chuck?

All my comments/posts are only assumptions, thoughts and belifs. I don't make affirmations about facts i don't know about.

georgiana
Baroness

« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2012, 02:43:38 pm »

^ prince charles
memyselfandroyals
Countess

« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2012, 02:55:10 pm »

lols

Kuei Fei
Princess

Moderator/I'm so royal I piss blue

« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2012, 03:07:40 pm »

How ridiculous now the Monarchy is ending because Liz was honored by pop artists?  sly Anyways... Chuck is a FIGHTER he will not go down ...he will put on a good fight...

Maybe the monarchy is going down because the RF is always associating with pop stars, not with the nation, not with actual workers, not with even the courtiers who keep them moving. Charles will be king, but William won't.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
Mooster
Duchess

"William, stop worrying...the paps wouldn't dare!"

« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2012, 03:24:48 pm »

Anyways... Chuck is a FIGHTER he will not go down ...he will put on a good fight...

Agreed.  He braved and came through the Diana fiasco, he's not going to give up now and to be quite honest, I don't blame him, this is what he was born to do and has lived his life with the expectation of it.  William on the other hand should just go away - he's young enough to make a start away from it all and live his life without all the constraints that he obviously finds so tiresome.

Diana, Zac, Jemima, Ben and Sir James Goldsmith    

Jane23
Princess

« Reply #10 on: June 11, 2012, 08:31:03 am »

^ Willy loves the perks of his life don't think he will go that easily either...when Liz goes Prince Charles and his two boys will have a few busy days for them but they ain't going anywhere...
June
Duchess

« Reply #11 on: June 11, 2012, 10:17:23 am »

Here is an interesting article from Sydney's most mainstream newspaper, Murdoch's, The Daily Telegraph:

http://www.news.com.au/breaking-news/young-australians-embracing-the-monarchy/story-e6frfku0-1226391551981

This is not surprising to me in the least, given the points I made in the other thread. That is, for most Australians who support the constitutional monarchy, it has nothing to do with the personalities of the BRF. That is my position. Now, of course, there are those who love the pomp, ceremony, glamour and celebrity of the monarchy, but they won't help it survive in Oz. These are the ones who love William and Kate, with rose-coloured glasses on.  shifty
Snokitty
Princess

« Reply #12 on: June 11, 2012, 11:36:51 am »

If they conduct these polls that I have seen lately 3 to 6 months after the Jubilee celebrations the numbers will look different because reality will have set back into people's lives by then.  eating cookies
JuneBug
Countess

« Reply #13 on: June 11, 2012, 02:15:55 pm »

If they conduct these polls that I have seen lately 3 to 6 months after the Jubilee celebrations the numbers will look different because reality will have set back into people's lives by then.  eating cookies

Amen to that Snokitty, my thoughts exactly. I was in South Africa when they hosted the 2010 FIFA Soccer World cup. The mood of the whole country was vibrant and exciting months before and during the event. You could hug people in the streets    hug  and everyone was proud to be SA, flags were flown high on cars and homes etc  flower. In short the whole atmosphere was electric and there was sooo much positivity in the air  loveshower. BUT after the event, reality set in and everyone went back to their normal mood. The atmosphere disappeared within 3 weeks of the end of the events. I could NOT believe it   huh.   Issues that were previously swept under the carpet were re-hashed etc. And that is exactly what will happen after the Olympics in UK. Then they should conduct that poll again and see the results. It will probably be way different from what it is now. Just saying

“The first thing you lose on a diet is your sense of humour.” ~Unknown
Magnolia
Duchess

« Reply #14 on: June 13, 2012, 01:49:11 am »

I am glad the Jubilee is over it was awful.
There was no real excitement like past events from what I saw then in the last day of the event the people on the balcony that's the future of the monarchy pretty dark.
Another article about the (J) polls.
Since the Jubilee celebrations 33 percent of people said they feel proud to be British.
A total of 29 percent of people also said they felt more positive towards the Royal family since the Jubilee celebrations.
The DM tried to spin this in a good way  but those percentages are pretty low.

THIS IS YOU:NET- FXCKER A PERSON WHO SPENDS DAYS ON THE INTERNET AT A TIME USUALLY LATE AT NIGHT OR VERY EARLY IN THE MORNING HE OR SHE IS A RECLUSE AND A NET-FXCKER! THIS IS YOU:NET-JUNKIES TEND TO NOT HAVE LIVES ALTHOUGH ON RARE OCCASIONS ONE OF THEM UNWITTINGLY DOWNLOADS IT FROM THE INTERNET
Nymph
Countess

« Reply #15 on: June 13, 2012, 05:58:16 pm »

After the Queen is gone I think that it may be the end of the monarchy, sure Charles and Will may try to revive it but I fear that the sentiment of the public is not really with them anymore.  Times have changed and it may not be justifiable anymore.
AnaBolena
Duchess

We Read To Know We Are Not Alone - C.S Lewis

« Reply #16 on: June 13, 2012, 07:31:11 pm »

I would be surprised if the monarchy survived after Pr Charles.  I don't sense this happening as by then the younger generations will see a monarchy as an expense that is not needed in any country. 

I don't want to ever see WK and Willy on the throne - ever. bignono

Live The Life You Were Meant To Live And Live Honestly.
Kuei Fei
Princess

Moderator/I'm so royal I piss blue

« Reply #17 on: June 13, 2012, 08:10:23 pm »

After the Queen is gone I think that it may be the end of the monarchy, sure Charles and Will may try to revive it but I fear that the sentiment of the public is not really with them anymore.  Times have changed and it may not be justifiable anymore.

The public is outgrowing hte monarchy; the RF could have been making hte Jubilee celebrations into something special, but there is something broken about the monarchy and the courtiers can't fix it and the public is impatient with it. A lot of people commented negatively about HM during the peak of the 'celebrations' and there was just a few days of what was a hyped set of engagements. Nothing special and nothing interesting that benefited the nation, just more expenses celebrating the Windsors.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
Val
Duchess

« Reply #18 on: February 23, 2015, 11:49:07 am »

Not sure where to put this mods but very shocked to find it on other forums and all over social media.  Would be interested to see what others think?   It is 2011 but has suddenly reappeared!

http://itccs.org/2013/02/25/guilty-final-verdict-is-rendered-in-first-common-law-court-case-against-the-vatican-and-canada-for-genocide/
gingerboy24
Princess

« Reply #19 on: February 25, 2015, 05:12:42 pm »

Maybe that is why she sends the others to visit Canada, a touch anxious about being caught there maybe.  About time they did something abut the house of windsor, nothing but a bunch of criminals and they have the cheek to think they are above everyone else.  Hmm, boot on the other food from what we are reading in recent years.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: