Royal Gossip
November 20, 2018, 12:44:47 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9] 10 11   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: National Service of Thanksgiving - June 5  (Read 37389 times)
Mooster
Duchess

"William, stop worrying...the paps wouldn't dare!"

« Reply #160 on: June 08, 2012, 06:05:20 pm »

^  yes, I remember that  worship blink   I think he does covet the throne even if it means his mother passing...her death for him, IMO, will be bittersweet.

Diana, Zac, Jemima, Ben and Sir James Goldsmith    

lothwen
Duchess

Hello. My name is Lothwen, and I am a Harryaholic

« Reply #161 on: June 08, 2012, 06:09:36 pm »

^^That was an unfortunate statement to make, but for all we know he simply meant that there were things that the Earl couldn't do as the heir that he could now do as Earl and that Charles saw it as a positive that he could have a lifetime of fullfilling that role.

I'm sorry but I don't see Charles as this evil monster that some of you seem to see.  He's been groomed his entire life to be the future King, and he's waited a long time for that role, and because he's had to wait so long he's really been in limbo.

I\\\'m not going to defend myself against these accusations of \\\"playing both sides.\\\"  If you want to know how I feel about Kate and William, read my posts.  If you want further proof, go to the \\\"other forum\\\" and read my posts there.  I have the same user name for both forums.
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #162 on: June 08, 2012, 06:15:57 pm »

I don't think he is evil but that he had wanted to be in the throne for a long time yes. It must be very difficult to be in his position, simply waiting for your mother to die so you can start the job you've been waiting for. But he could have spent his long waiting with a better attitude. Comments like the one to the earl Spencer shows what some of us find creepy from his behaviour.

“Three things are to be looked to in a building: that it stand on the right spot, that it be securely founded, that it be successfully executed.” ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Snokitty
Princess

« Reply #163 on: June 08, 2012, 06:49:54 pm »

If Charles had so much respect for the Queen he would not have told the world what a bad Mother she was to him. If he wasn't always waiting to sit on the throne he wouldn't be whingeing all the time about it taking so long.
It also doesn't matter if Camilla is going to be Queen Consort or not that doesn't mean we have to like her.
Charles and Camilla aren't wonderful people just because they have a position in the royal family anymore than Kate is. They are who they are but no one called him an evil monster they just merely stated their opinion of the situation.
The Queen turned over all decisions for the Jubilee to Charles, he was in charge. Can't blame the Queen for the mistakes Charles made.
Jane23
Princess

« Reply #164 on: June 08, 2012, 07:03:10 pm »

^ @ Alexandrine Hearsay  bored3...

@ lothwen Chuck haters will act like Liz is brain dead and Chuck makes all the decisions just so they wait for it...*despise* on him no way they will admit Liz had anything to do with it even though she was the one to say only her direct heirs would be on The Balcony...
Mooster
Duchess

« Reply #165 on: June 08, 2012, 07:36:11 pm »

^ Harry is not a direct heir, so that statment that only her direct heirs were on the balcony is wrong.  Charles and William are her direct heirs, Harry is not.

lothwen
Duchess

Hello. My name is Lothwen, and I am a Harryaholic

« Reply #166 on: June 08, 2012, 08:35:02 pm »

If Charles had so much respect for the Queen he would not have told the world what a bad Mother she was to him. If he wasn't always waiting to sit on the throne he wouldn't be whingeing all the time about it taking so long.
It also doesn't matter if Camilla is going to be Queen Consort or not that doesn't mean we have to like her.
Charles and Camilla aren't wonderful people just because they have a position in the royal family anymore than Kate is. They are who they are but no one called him an evil monster they just merely stated their opinion of the situation.
The Queen turned over all decisions for the Jubilee to Charles, he was in charge. Can't blame the Queen for the mistakes Charles made.

1. I'm not "blaming" the Queen for anything, but from what I know about her she is intimately involved with every State Dinner, or function and it's hard for me to believe that she wouldn't have been as involved in her own Jubilee. And how you can call the balcony a "mistake" is beyond me. 

2. I don't think Charles and Camilla are "wonderful" people, either with or without their positions in the firm.  I was simply stating that Charles is the heir and Camilla is his wife, and like it or not they are the future monarch and consort.  Whether I want them to be or not, they are.

3. I understand you don't have to like Camilla-to be honest, I neither like nor dislike her. 

4. Who amognst us has never complained about our parents?  I complained about my mom all the time, even told her I hated her at one point.  Does that mean I didn't ultimately love and respect her?  Did any of my friends tell me I wasn't allowed to grieve after her death because I once went on a tangent about how my mom was the most unfair person in the entire world?  No, they didn't. 

For goodness sakes, Charles is human and he doesn't always say the right things.  Really, to me, it's just not that big of a deal  bored3

I\\\'m not going to defend myself against these accusations of \\\"playing both sides.\\\"  If you want to know how I feel about Kate and William, read my posts.  If you want further proof, go to the \\\"other forum\\\" and read my posts there.  I have the same user name for both forums.
Mooster
Duchess

« Reply #167 on: June 08, 2012, 08:52:02 pm »

^ Charles is not an ordinary run of the mill person.  Part of his job is to engage his brain before operating his mouth because his words are read and heard by millions.  I wonder if William will also be circling Charles like a vulture towards the end of his reign.  Nice.

Snokitty
Princess

« Reply #168 on: June 08, 2012, 09:05:06 pm »

@ lothwen

1. The Queen turned all the control of the Jubilee over to Charles, do you honestly think after doing that she would undercut her own Son by over riding the decisions that he made.

2. Everyone understands that he will be King and Camilla will be Queen Consort and some of us don't care whether they make it to the throne or not.

3. I understand this fact Camilla is who she has always been and PR will not change that.

4. People are allowed to complain about their parents but someone in Charles's position should not be doing it publicly, his Mother happens to be the Queen. She is a person who has survived off of her image.

Charles is human but what kind of a man is he really?
Jane23
Princess

« Reply #169 on: June 08, 2012, 09:59:45 pm »

@ Mooster  OK I will talk about this for the last time  because I am tired of this useless discussion  bored3 if you want to be all "technical" about it William is NOT her direct heir either he is the heir to her heir  wopedo...so by that logic only Prince Charles should have been on The Balcony because William is his heir not Elizabeth's BOTH  Prince William and Prince Harry are Prince Charles DIRECT heirs so BOTH belonged into The Balcony Ann who is like 99th in Line to The Throne and again by that logic is NOT an heir to anything doesn't but she has always been there because Her Majesty is her mother so again by that logic given that he is Prince Charles' s son Harry was where he belonged and there is no question he is a DIRECT heir to The British Throne being he 3 heart beats from the Throne I don't know why we are even talking about this nonsense...you have to explain to me why you have a problem with Harry being there when Ann who doesn't even come close to him has and will always be on that damn Balcony  huh.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2012, 10:02:31 pm by Jane23 » Logged
Mooster
Duchess

« Reply #170 on: June 08, 2012, 11:35:42 pm »

Anne is not 99th in line to the throne.  William is a direct heir to HM.  To save face, I suggest you go and do some research before you post.

Mooster
Duchess

« Reply #171 on: June 08, 2012, 11:53:27 pm »

Just to clarify Anne is 10th in line to the throne.  Prince Andrew is 4th in line - just one behind Harry.  Andrew and the other heirs presumptive should have been there on the balcony, it should not have been a propaganda exercise for Prince Charles.  It was HM's Jubilee, not his.  If it was just to showcase those with an unchanging claim to the throne, then Harry should not have been there.  Simple.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2012, 11:55:30 pm by Mooster » Logged

Snokitty
Princess

« Reply #172 on: June 08, 2012, 11:59:17 pm »

thumbsup  Kiss
Jane23
Princess

« Reply #173 on: June 09, 2012, 01:00:23 am »

The Palace says he is  sly so I have no face to save...because Their Queen is someone who was born 3third in Line to The British Throne...it's all about Prince Charles now because he and only he is her heir and his boys through him are her direct heirs too Ann is so down The Line it's embarrassing  but she still got to be on that Balcony for decades now she has to go because Prince Charles and his boys are taking over get over it ...Liz seems under the impression Harry is her heir  tehe...so who are we to question it  the woman clearly regards him as her heir which he is for the love of all that is holly...can we please give this nonsense a rest now? Chuck is taking over his siblings are goners period . For a little perspective:

Prince Henry of Wales (Henry Charles Albert David; born 15 September 1984), commonly known as Prince Harry,[1] is the younger son of Charles, Prince of Wales and Diana, Princess of Wales, and fourth grandchild of Queen Elizabeth II and Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh. As such, he is third in the line of succession to the thrones of sixteen independent sovereign states known as the Commonwealth realms, and to the governorship of the Church of England

On his 18th birthday, Prince Harry was granted his own personal coat of arms, consisting of the arms of the sovereign in right of the United Kingdom with a label for difference.

« Last Edit: June 09, 2012, 01:11:09 am by Jane23 » Logged
Snokitty
Princess

« Reply #174 on: June 09, 2012, 01:26:13 am »

That is what I am hoping for. I want his siblings to go and let Charles do it without their help at all. That would teach him why a person should show some gratitude for the work done by others to keep everything going.  laugh
Mooster
Duchess

« Reply #175 on: June 09, 2012, 02:44:26 am »

The Palace says he is  sly so I have no face to save...because Their Queen is someone who was born 3third in Line to The British Throne...it's all about Prince Charles now because he and only he is her heir and his boys through him are her direct heirs too Ann is so down The Line it's embarrassing  but she still got to be on that Balcony for decades now she has to go because Prince Charles and his boys are taking over get over it ...Liz seems under the impression Harry is her heir  tehe...so who are we to question it  the woman clearly regards him as her heir which he is for the love of all that is holly...can we please give this nonsense a rest now? Chuck is taking over his siblings are goners period . For a little perspective:

Prince Henry of Wales (Henry Charles Albert David; born 15 September 1984), commonly known as Prince Harry,[1] is the younger son of Charles, Prince of Wales and Diana, Princess of Wales, and fourth grandchild of Queen Elizabeth II and Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh. As such, he is third in the line of succession to the thrones of sixteen independent sovereign states known as the Commonwealth realms, and to the governorship of the Church of England

On his 18th birthday, Prince Harry was granted his own personal coat of arms, consisting of the arms of the sovereign in right of the United Kingdom with a label for difference.

Harry may be third in line to the throne, but Andrew is fourth.  Andrew is also a Duke.  Harry is just a spare, same as Andrew, same as Bea.  It's not all about Prince Charles, HM is still alive and kicking.  This was her Jubilee, to celebrate her reign...it wasn't her swansong.  So you are still missing the point. 

@ Snokitty...I'm sure William, Kate, Camilla and Harry will do all Anne, Edward, Sophie and Andrew's engagements from now on if they told Charles he's on his own now  eightball

Magnolia
Duchess

« Reply #176 on: June 09, 2012, 03:30:41 am »

Yes because this was all about Kate.the look on her smug face say it all,"Ive arrived".She is a vain,boring and a totally unsuitable mate for William.Did I mention conceited and immature? Sue,Devonshire,UK
The women look like badly made up Pantomime Dames.CIAFrank,Leeds

THIS IS YOU:NET- FXCKER A PERSON WHO SPENDS DAYS ON THE INTERNET AT A TIME USUALLY LATE AT NIGHT OR VERY EARLY IN THE MORNING HE OR SHE IS A RECLUSE AND A NET-FXCKER! THIS IS YOU:NET-JUNKIES TEND TO NOT HAVE LIVES ALTHOUGH ON RARE OCCASIONS ONE OF THEM UNWITTINGLY DOWNLOADS IT FROM THE INTERNET
June
Duchess

« Reply #177 on: June 09, 2012, 06:19:12 am »

Wow.......

this idea that Charles "can't wait" to jump into his mother's shoes....so does that mean he goes to night praying he'll wake up one morning with news that his mother is dead and he is now King?  Because that's what many of you are implying.  That Charles wants to be King so badly even at the cost of losing his mother-a mother, I might add, whom he has shown nothing but respect, kindness, and affection for.  Unless Charles is just a very good actor  sly

I don't know why the Queen's other children were not on the balcony and Prince Harry was, but it's not up to me to decide what happens.  I find it hard to believe that the Queen let somebody else have all the say (even if he is her oldest son and heir) and so I'll bet you anything she had the final word. 

And finally, again I *despise* to break it to some of you, but it really doesn't matter if Charles "promotes" Camilla.  She could have been on a different barge, she could have not been on the balcony, and yet when Charles becomes King she will still be Queen Consort.  It doesn't matter what title she has-she will be the wife of the reigning monarch and as such will enjoy the privileges that being so entails. 

And, also relating to your other brilliant posts:

worship  worship  worship

I utterly agree. I think there is a great deal of unfairness directed at Charles. I think he is quite a sensitive man. He was shattered at Diana's funeral. And, IMO, it was genuine. I think he will make a brilliant King.

Anyway, I did not detect any bitterness in his speech, just affection and pride for his mother.

With respect, I think some posters are getting so tangled up in the succession line, you might be missing the bigger picture.  flower

The BRF has to sell itself to the Commonwealth countries too, like Australia. We are on the brink of becoming a republic. I say that meaning, after HM dies. Once Australia goes, it will send out alarm bells because of the tenuous grip on Canada and possibly NZ. Then, the UK republican movement will be energised, IMO.

The Queen, as we all agree, is no fool. She wants her family to continue to reign for generations to come. If she has the "old guard" up on the balcony, it just won't work. She was sending a message. And yes, I don't believe Charles is pulling her strings - yet.

And as for Harry, as pointed out elsewhere, it has been made clear that he is a part of the future of the monarchy - by both William and Charles (the direct heirs). So can we just move on?  sigh

I'm just trying to point out that it is no longer just about the Queen in England and the UK. There is a wider picture here to be considered. That is why William has visited twice. That is why he wanted to visit here after his marriage (but was turned down as the PM invited CP Mary to flog her carbon tax  wopedo). That is why the Queen visited us last year. Australia is very important to the British monarchy.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2012, 06:29:24 am by June » Logged
Snokitty
Princess

« Reply #178 on: June 09, 2012, 06:45:32 am »

The Monarchy doesn't play the role that they did centuries ago. Today they are giving an exorbitant amount of money to cut ribbons, throw dirt on planted tress, etc.
If the commonwealth countries decided to get rid of the Monarchy in their countries I don't have a problem with that, they are after all independent of Great Britain.
If they want to sell themselves to someone shouldn't it be Scotland, Wales or Northern Ireland. If they were to lose those countries there would be no Great Britain just England.
If you spend your time and energy worrying about someone else's house your own will fall into disrepair.
Knowing about Charles over the years In my opinion this was to showcase Charles. It was typical for him "Look at me I am the important one here".
June
Duchess

« Reply #179 on: June 09, 2012, 06:51:06 am »

With respect, that is not the point I was making.  flower

All you have done is pass your opinion on whether the BRF ought to care about the Commonwealth countries. That is not your decision to make.

But the fact is that these countries are a central part of its survival. The recent tours to Australia, Canada and NZ confirm this position.  flower

It's beside the point whether or not you personally care. It's about the institution's survival and whether or not the powers-that-be care. And clearly they do - very much.

I respect your opinion on Charles and your right to express it. I just don't agree.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9] 10 11   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: