Royal Gossip
November 13, 2018, 11:15:51 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: National Service of Thanksgiving - June 5  (Read 37310 times)
YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #140 on: June 08, 2012, 12:22:37 am »

Really gal's does it matter that much why he was there?
He was there, the jubilee pictures were made, end of story for me really...

\\\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\\\"  Thomas Jefferson
Jane23
Princess

« Reply #141 on: June 08, 2012, 01:01:52 am »

@Mooster  But they were visiting their father who was in The Hospital no one said they aren't going to be on The Balcony again  sly...besides that King Charles seems to be upon us so of course he is going to have his two boys on The Balcony with him just like Her Majesty had her 4 children and their children on The Balcony for decades ...besides that you are not making any sense you want people who are like 99 in Line to The Throne  on The Balcony but you have a problem with A DIRECT heir 3Third in Line To be KING being there?  sly
« Last Edit: June 08, 2012, 01:05:30 am by Jane23 » Logged
Mooster
Duchess

"William, stop worrying...the paps wouldn't dare!"

« Reply #142 on: June 08, 2012, 01:27:55 am »

No, you are not making any sense.  Edward visited Philip in hospital that day presumably because he wasn't going to be on the balcony.  King Charles is not on us just yet, the Queen might outlive Charles for all you know.  HM had her 4 children on the balcony for decades because she was HM...Charles isn't HM yet.  Harry is not a direct heir, he is heir presumptive.  The object was, presumably, to show the direct unassailable succession and Harry isn't part of that - sorry to disappoint.  If the object was not to show the direct succession then HM should have included all her children who have supported her throughout her reign.   sly
« Last Edit: June 08, 2012, 01:35:17 am by Mooster » Logged

Diana, Zac, Jemima, Ben and Sir James Goldsmith    

Jane23
Princess

« Reply #143 on: June 08, 2012, 08:48:32 am »

^ 1.They were visitng their father

2.Liz was 3third in Line to The Throne The Palace said her direct heirs would be on The Balcony so OBVIOUSLY Liz and The Palace disagrees with you ...

3.Being 7th in Line to The Throne and being 3th in Line To The Throne is a world away again BASIC MATH .
Mooster
Duchess

« Reply #144 on: June 08, 2012, 08:52:47 am »

No, it's nothing to do with basic math, it is all to do with succession laws.  Harry is not a direct heir, that is the basic fact that you keep getting wrong over and over again.  Ye gads, it's like having a battle of wits with an unarmed person  laugh

June
Duchess

« Reply #145 on: June 08, 2012, 08:57:17 am »

For whatever reason, Harry was there. Charles apparently wants only his sons and their families as part of the new streamlined royal family (doing duties). I believe the balcony appearance reflected that new royal order.

It would have looked mighty odd if Harry was precluded. Kate has only just married William. I think they are unsure about her, and to push Harry out of the way seems premature to me. He's still very involved with William in terms of their joint charity. I think it will always be that way.

Then, he is Diana's son ... so, not going to happen, IMO. I don't care if he's 3rd, or eventually becomes 10th in line ... well, the succession is not about 'basic math', but anyway ...  tehe
Mooster
Duchess

« Reply #146 on: June 08, 2012, 09:02:08 am »

It's not about what Charles wants...it was HM's jubilee.  If she wanted to show her direct heirs, Harry shouldn't have been there - it's a snub to Andrew, Edward, Anne and their children.  Harry is heir presumptive the same as Andrew etc.

June
Duchess

« Reply #147 on: June 08, 2012, 09:16:00 am »

I think it most certainly is 'about what Charles wants'. Sometimes, it's easy to get bogged down in details, forgetting the bigger picture. The Queen is at the end of her reign, not the beginning.

The BRF is on the fast train to get Charles accepted.

Anyway, I'm not in dispute about your argument. I'm just suggesting that it's moot.  flower
Mooster
Duchess

« Reply #148 on: June 08, 2012, 09:27:18 am »

Yes, I can see that there is an agenda.  It's obvious that HM has been making a point of being pals with Camilla  ick  However, it's wrong and it shows the Windsors up for what they are. HM has not always been the best judge of what is the right track for the Royals to take.  Charles had better hope that Will, Kate and Harry cut the mustard because he might find himself on his own more than he'd like if he treats his family members like that.  Judging from what I've seen:  Will, Harry and Kate were verging on disgraceful during the Jubilee celebrations.  Harry was in church looking like a bozo with his legs akimbo, Kate looked bored and tired from a few days 'work', and as for Will the only time he didn't have a scowl on his face was when he was ogling Cheryl Cole on stage.

So, they're the future of the RF...well good luck with that one Charles, you're going to need it.

June
Duchess

« Reply #149 on: June 08, 2012, 09:32:29 am »

I can appreciate your frustration, Mooster.  there

I'm not suggesting for one moment that I agree with pushing these younger royals to the forefront. But I just accept it because a pattern has been emerging. The BRF is in transition phase.

You've made some very astute observations in this last post.  thumbsup
Jane23
Princess

« Reply #150 on: June 08, 2012, 09:48:57 am »

I do think The Balcony was all about Chuck  king and yes I do hope our lazy trio repays him the right way...other than that this HILARIOUS when Andrew is on that Balcony people whine he is living off their taxes and ask for him to go away  now they whine because he ain't on The Blacony lmao...besides that Her Majesty's birthday is coming up Andrew WILL be on That Balcony for everyone who missed him  laugh laugh laugh laugh.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2012, 09:52:51 am by Jane23 » Logged
Mooster
Duchess

« Reply #151 on: June 08, 2012, 10:08:28 am »

^ Blimey, you are easily amused.     Anyway back to the issue, it doesn't matter that HM will include them next time, the fact that they were snubbed this time is what we are talking about.  Actually, it would serve Charles right if it backfires on him...I wait in delicious anticipation.  Camilla won't be a lot of use, she's as lazy as the others. 

buflesse
Duchess

« Reply #152 on: June 08, 2012, 01:08:09 pm »

Yes, I can see that there is an agenda.  It's obvious that HM has been making a point of being pals with Camilla  ick  However, it's wrong and it shows the Windsors up for what they are. HM has not always been the best judge of what is the right track for the Royals to take.  Charles had better hope that Will, Kate and Harry cut the mustard because he might find himself on his own more than he'd like if he treats his family members like that.  Judging from what I've seen:  Will, Harry and Kate were verging on disgraceful during the Jubilee celebrations.  Harry was in church looking like a bozo with his legs akimbo, Kate looked bored and tired from a few days 'work', and as for Will the only time he didn't have a scowl on his face was when he was ogling Cheryl Cole on stage.

So, they're the future of the RF...well good luck with that one Charles, you're going to need it.

Totally agree with this. The younger royals have the celebrity appeal but lack substance, grace, and basic manners.
Snokitty
Princess

« Reply #153 on: June 08, 2012, 02:37:27 pm »

Although none of us know when it will happen some people including Charles seem to think the Jubilee was some kind of end to the Queen's reign. She is still the Queen and may like her Mother live to be over a hundred, if that is the case then it will be at least 15 years until King Charlie takes the throne.
Her children should have been there, all of her children not just the one who thinks he is all that matters. I think Charles used his Mothers kindness of letting him be in charge of the Jubilee arrangements to promote himself and the ugliest woman to ever marry into the royal family.
Some things never change it is always about Charles. Until people started asking "What the Hell" Charles was going to ride the Gloriana down the Thames with the Queen following.
Charles should just accept the fact that people aren't just interested in his little family but their interest lies in the entire royal family. He wants them all to keep working so he can look good but just go away when the work is done. I hope they do go away for Charlie when the Queen's days are over and teach him a lesson that he still hasn't learned at his age, in the big scheme of things he really isn't that important. The Queen made sure years ago that the line would continue with or without Charles. She did that by having four children and it is shameful that they weren't on that balcony.
benign
Duchess

« Reply #154 on: June 08, 2012, 03:55:36 pm »

bad timing for PC to be doing this.. should have done this slowly and not used a major event to make a point. all of them should have been there no matter what...
Mooster
Duchess

« Reply #155 on: June 08, 2012, 05:16:52 pm »

Good post Snokitty  thumbsup  I get the impression that Charles can't wait to jump into HM's shoes...this Jubilee was about celebrating her reign, not reminding us all what lies around the corner  *shudder*.  It was enough to turn anyone republican.  I also noticed in Charles speech a snarky little remark of 'some of us have enjoyed 3 jubilees' - it was like, if you don't hurry and get off that throne, I won't have one.  Another thing I didn't like was Camilla riding in the state landau with the Queen - WTF was that all about? 

Snokitty
Princess

« Reply #156 on: June 08, 2012, 05:21:25 pm »

thankyou Mooster.

Camilla rode with the Queen so Charles could say look she is accepted that and he knew if Camilla was with the Queen that she wouldn't get booed again.  laugh
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #157 on: June 08, 2012, 05:31:14 pm »

C&C were with the Queen so she wouldn't be alone after the DoE couldn't attend, at first there were going to be three carriages not two.

“Three things are to be looked to in a building: that it stand on the right spot, that it be securely founded, that it be successfully executed.” ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
lothwen
Duchess

Hello. My name is Lothwen, and I am a Harryaholic

« Reply #158 on: June 08, 2012, 05:55:29 pm »

Wow.......

this idea that Charles "can't wait" to jump into his mother's shoes....so does that mean he goes to night praying he'll wake up one morning with news that his mother is dead and he is now King?  Because that's what many of you are implying.  That Charles wants to be King so badly even at the cost of losing his mother-a mother, I might add, whom he has shown nothing but respect, kindness, and affection for.  Unless Charles is just a very good actor  sly

I don't know why the Queen's other children were not on the balcony and Prince Harry was, but it's not up to me to decide what happens.  I find it hard to believe that the Queen let somebody else have all the say (even if he is her oldest son and heir) and so I'll bet you anything she had the final word. 

And finally, again I *despise* to break it to some of you, but it really doesn't matter if Charles "promotes" Camilla.  She could have been on a different barge, she could have not been on the balcony, and yet when Charles becomes King she will still be Queen Consort.  It doesn't matter what title she has-she will be the wife of the reigning monarch and as such will enjoy the privileges that being so entails. 

I\\\'m not going to defend myself against these accusations of \\\"playing both sides.\\\"  If you want to know how I feel about Kate and William, read my posts.  If you want further proof, go to the \\\"other forum\\\" and read my posts there.  I have the same user name for both forums.
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #159 on: June 08, 2012, 06:00:59 pm »

The occasion was the funeral of Spencer’s father, the 8th Earl, and as the two men stood together the Prince remarked to the 27-year old 9th Earl:

‘You are so fortunate to have succeeded [to the title] when still young.’ Spencer was flabbergasted by the insensitivity of the Prince’s remark.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2099577/Still-waiting-crown--Charles-finally-accepts-Jubilee-hopes-biding-time-make-accept-Queen-Camilla.html

Read the whole article

“Three things are to be looked to in a building: that it stand on the right spot, that it be securely founded, that it be successfully executed.” ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: