Royal Gossip
April 25, 2019, 09:24:05 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: National Service of Thanksgiving - June 5  (Read 38966 times)
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #120 on: June 06, 2012, 10:10:54 pm »

Yes but he is not a heir apparent

“Three things are to be looked to in a building: that it stand on the right spot, that it be securely founded, that it be successfully executed.” ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
meememe
Duchess

« Reply #121 on: June 06, 2012, 10:35:29 pm »

The line of succession from Victoria has about 4000 (Philip is about 400ish in his own right for instance).

The lowest in the line who attended many events is Princess Alexandra and she is 41st in the line but after her come her children and the Harwoods (descendents of HRH The Princess Royal, The Princess Mary daughter of George V) and then back to the descendents of HRH The Princess Royal, The Princess Louise daughter of Edward VII and then the descendents of HRH The Princess Maud better known as HM Queen Maud of Norway.  That makes the current King of Norway the top of the foreign royals in the line of succession and he is in the 60+s.  The newest person in the line is the new grandchild of the Duke of Gloucestor born last week.

After all the descendents of Queen Victoria the line goes back to descendents of the younger children of George III, if they don't have a better claim through other marriages e.g. the Hanovers claim is stronger through the female line rather than their Hanover ancestry because of a marriage between an earlier Hanover and the daughter of Queen Victoria's granddaughter.

Yes the present Queen was born 3rd in line and ended up Queen but Anne was also born 3rd in line and is now 10th, Andrew was born 2nd in line and is now 4th.  Harry is not actually a 'direct' line claimant as he is a younger son with a living older brother so he is the cadet line from Charles.  That would change if William died without legitimate issue and then he becomes the direct claimant.
YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #122 on: June 06, 2012, 10:38:12 pm »

yeah well it would be awkward to have only tree ppl (queen, heir and 'grandheir) out there so...

\\\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\\\"  Thomas Jefferson
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #123 on: June 06, 2012, 10:41:05 pm »

But if you want to make the RF smaller Harry shouldn't have a big role in the future, he is in the same place as Anne/Andrew/Edward in the past. If their kids shouldn't have the HRH treatment his shouldn't either for ex.  

“Three things are to be looked to in a building: that it stand on the right spot, that it be securely founded, that it be successfully executed.” ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Jane23
Princess

« Reply #124 on: June 06, 2012, 10:51:05 pm »

^ Given that Liz and Chuck aren't immortal ( that I know of) if  Willy has two children he is still going to be 3third in Line to Be King of England ...he is not in Ann's position or will he ever be  sly...seriously is BASIC MATH ...and again the siblings were to visit their father they will be on that Balcony again for the love of all that is Holly.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2012, 10:54:21 pm by Jane23 » Logged
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #125 on: June 06, 2012, 10:53:46 pm »

By that time William's children may even have married and had more children, he may be in Andrew's position. Who knows?

Jane23
Princess

« Reply #126 on: June 06, 2012, 10:58:35 pm »

Why talk about  the future? For all we know there will be no future for The Monarchy between Republicans and Countries who want to ditch Liz  or are in the process of doing so are we really talking about Willy's grandchildren?  bored3 Willy himself might have no Throne to sit in ...
« Last Edit: June 06, 2012, 11:00:47 pm by Jane23 » Logged
True Brit
Duchess

« Reply #127 on: June 06, 2012, 10:59:57 pm »

thumbsup I'm with you on this one Jane23  flower

" Kate, Pippa and Carole Middleton seen at Manolo Blahnik today.. overheard asking if they carried shoes for cloven hooves. "
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #128 on: June 06, 2012, 11:05:06 pm »

I will not forget this one TB  snob

Now seriously I'm not into the small royal family either but if they do it at least they should use some logic. Or it will look like jealousy from Charles.

True Brit
Duchess

« Reply #129 on: June 06, 2012, 11:22:02 pm »

flower sorry Kiss  hug

Is that OK now?

" Kate, Pippa and Carole Middleton seen at Manolo Blahnik today.. overheard asking if they carried shoes for cloven hooves. "
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #130 on: June 06, 2012, 11:26:29 pm »

I will forgive you this time j/k

hug

Mooster
Duchess

"William, stop worrying...the paps wouldn't dare!"

« Reply #131 on: June 06, 2012, 11:52:02 pm »

I will not forget this one TB  snob

Now seriously I'm not into the small royal family either but if they do it at least they should use some logic. Or it will look like jealousy from Charles.

Exactly, nothing changes the fact that Harry is only heir presumptive - there is no logic in this balcony appearance - if they include Harry, then logically they needed to include the rest of the Queen's descendents.

Diana, Zac, Jemima, Ben and Sir James Goldsmith    

buflesse
Duchess

« Reply #132 on: June 06, 2012, 11:59:35 pm »

They probably stuck Harry on because possibly with the exception of HM and Philip he's the most popular one of the lot.
georgiana
Baroness

« Reply #133 on: June 07, 2012, 06:46:38 am »

^ agreed about Harrys popularity, unlike the other royals, Harry looks sincere and committed when engaging in charity events and engagements, not like Kate who just looks like she's planning another shopping trip for a job well done IMO.
Jane23
Princess

« Reply #134 on: June 07, 2012, 08:29:07 am »

But Liz's other children are 7th and 10th in Line to The Throne  Harry is 3th ...again BASIC MATH  shifty...that aside they will be on that damn Balcony again  laundry they just went to visit their 91 years old father who was in a hospital...having said all the above Harry will never be an Ann or an Edward ...when Liz and Chuck leave us Harry again for the 1038349th time will still be 3th in Line to The Throne and we all know Willy won't do without his brother again BASIC MATH tells us Harry will never be in Ann's position who is like 100th in Line to The Throne since the 80's  wopedo and no I don't care she was 2cond in Line to The Throne back in the 60's  bored3 the woman as hard working as she is can't be compared to Harry  sly...and don't get me started with Edward...he will be like 200th in Line to The Throne when Will and Harry start having children  Ann will be 300th...
« Last Edit: June 07, 2012, 08:37:47 am by Jane23 » Logged
June
Duchess

« Reply #135 on: June 07, 2012, 05:46:07 pm »

I will not forget this one TB  snob

Exactly, nothing changes the fact that Harry is only heir presumptive - there is no logic in this balcony appearance - if they include Harry, then logically they needed to include the rest of the Queen's descendents.

Oh, yes there is!  shifty I reckon Harry was on there because the Queen does not think Kate is a sure thing to go the distance. Kate is still an "outsider", IMO and that is why Harry is still front row, centre with everything. Also, I think William can't cope without Harry. He's "non-negotiable" IMO.

I think it was strategic selection, to be sure Harry doesn't get forgotten, because Kate soon will be, IMO.
Jane23
Princess

« Reply #136 on: June 07, 2012, 06:46:59 pm »

^ They have been working very hard for my man haven't they ? Wonder why  eating cookies...
Mooster
Duchess

« Reply #137 on: June 07, 2012, 10:45:28 pm »

^ They have been working very hard for my man haven't they ? Wonder why  eating cookies...

Jane you are totally missing the point, it has nothing to do with basic maths...Harry is not heir apparent like Charles and Wills, he is the same as the rest of HM's descendents in that respect. Charles and Wills claim is fixed no matter what, Harry's like Andrew, Edward, Bea etc depends on death or disaster.  I really can't see what's so difficult to understand   there       Perhaps it is because the RF haven't got any faith in William for whatever reason  huh

Jane23
Princess

« Reply #138 on: June 08, 2012, 12:04:17 am »

^ Or maybe because he is Prince of Wales ONLY other child...or maybe because Liz was 3Third in Line to The Throne when younger who knows...one thing is for sure you can't tell a woman who was born 3Third in Line to the British Throne the 3Third in Line To The British Throne isn't her DIRECT heir  sly again BASIC MATH...
« Last Edit: June 08, 2012, 12:11:19 am by Jane23 » Logged
Mooster
Duchess

« Reply #139 on: June 08, 2012, 12:13:37 am »

^ Or maybe because he is Prince of Wales ONLY other child...or maybe because Liz was 3Third in Line to The Throne when younger who knows...one thing is for sure you can't tell a woman when was 3Third in Line to the British Throne the 3Third in Line To The British Throne isn't her DIRECT heir  sly again BASIC MATH...

Nope, if POW was going to include all his children then the Queen should have included all hers - basic logic.

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: