Royal Gossip
October 24, 2017, 05:06:27 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Concert - 4 June  (Read 15662 times)
Kuei Fei
Princess

Moderator/I'm so royal I piss blue

« Reply #100 on: June 10, 2012, 01:11:13 am »

IF David ends up getting that knighthood, we'll never ehar the end of it in the press; Victoria will end up determined to have "Lady Beckham" on her fashion website and I am sure that it will end up causing a ferocious protest.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
buflesse
Duchess

« Reply #101 on: June 11, 2012, 05:07:39 am »

I went to the website "Republic" and it mentioned how honors are being distributed to celebrities who are more than compensated and should be going to people who work in the charities, public workers, and other actually important people who remain anonymous and get little credit for their work.

If Beckham gets a knighthood, we'll never hear the end of it.

That's one of the gripes I have about royalty. They go on about recognising ordinary people but most of the people who are recognised have just made it big in the entertainment industry and "got in" with the royals.
meememe
Duchess

« Reply #102 on: June 11, 2012, 06:32:10 am »

It actually isn't fair to blame the royal family for who gets the gongs as they are recommended by the government.

The only ones The Queen controls are Garter, Thistle, Bath and things like the Order of Merit and the Royal Victorian Order but the vast majority of them such as ordinary knighthoods, MBEs, OBEs etc they are down to the government so if Beckham was to just be knighted that would be a government recommendation not up to the Queen at all.  If he was given The Garter then that would be The Queen's personal decision.
buflesse
Duchess

« Reply #103 on: June 11, 2012, 06:48:58 am »

^True. But things like OBEs are used to justify the existence of royalty by some people.

Oh goodness...David Beckham, a knight of the Garter...
meememe
Duchess

« Reply #104 on: June 11, 2012, 07:51:16 am »

Sir David Beckham I could see happening but not the Garter just a garden type knight but not one of the elite orders.
Kuei Fei
Princess

Moderator/I'm so royal I piss blue

« Reply #105 on: June 11, 2012, 08:02:30 am »

It actually isn't fair to blame the royal family for who gets the gongs as they are recommended by the government.

HM could surely object and surely she could go public and make a case about being against celebrities getting these awards. She's Queen enough when it comes to her Jubilee and her family (sick as they are), her prerogatives to meet with the Prime Minister privately each week, so this is something she could voice her displeasure about.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: