Royal Gossip
May 23, 2017, 02:17:02 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9] 10   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Jubilee Pageant - 3 June  (Read 26878 times)
lothwen
Duchess

Hello. My name is Lothwen, and I am a Harryaholic

« Reply #160 on: June 05, 2012, 02:15:56 am »

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m5477uIjsw1rtyhoyo1_500.jpg

Will walking ahead looking bored

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m5478iai7Y1rtyhoyo1_500.jpg

Will looks like he's telling WK to hurry up

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m53y4inmn41ru9zzyo1_500.jpg

Kate doesn't want to leave the boat without an umbrella so William has to take the umbrella up to her

Geez William you couldn't stop to talk to the guy in the first pic?  Even Harry's taking the time to say hello  bignono

I\\\'m not going to defend myself against these accusations of \\\"playing both sides.\\\"  If you want to know how I feel about Kate and William, read my posts.  If you want further proof, go to the \\\"other forum\\\" and read my posts there.  I have the same user name for both forums.
June
Duchess

« Reply #161 on: June 05, 2012, 09:00:28 am »

IMO, anyone who cannot see that William is frustrated, if not angry with Kate, is not being objective.

I have always thought that the end of this marriage will be because he will finally get how self-absorbed, shallow,  clueless, vapid, stupid, high maintenance and supercilious she is. He will tire of having to prop her up constantly. He will want some depth to his life once he turns 30, IMO. He will become embarrassed of her, if he isn't already.

IMO, he has already outgrown her. Mind, he's partially responsible for her emotional and social growth stunt.

All Geminis (even on the cusp, as he is) have some desire for intellectual stimulation. There is no way he can get that from Kate; she's just too ordinary at best.

@ Buflesse: thank you for those photos - very telling!  thankyou

@ Yooper:  thumbsup The only time I wear red is when I want to stand out. If I want a splash of colour, but am concerned about being too flashy, I'll just wear a hint of it, or cover up with a jacket. Seriously, this woman is so immature and lacking in all understanding of protocol and concept of her role.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2012, 09:03:57 am by June » Logged
True Brit
Duchess

« Reply #162 on: June 05, 2012, 11:56:41 am »

Oh dear! This is a bit of a shocker. They could at least have given them overnight accomm in a church hall or some such.

This is the original blog...

http://eddiegillard.wordpress.com/2012/06/03/queen-put-at-risk-by-workfare-provider/

Guardian picked it up this morning...

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2012/jun/04/jubilee-pageant-unemployed

" Kate, Pippa and Carole Middleton seen at Manolo Blahnik today.. overheard asking if they carried shoes for cloven hooves. "
June
Duchess

« Reply #163 on: June 05, 2012, 12:09:19 pm »

True, the other side of this glamour-filled event.

On another note: they're not fussy about who gets proximity to the royal family, are they?  nervous
Acornia
Countess

« Reply #164 on: June 05, 2012, 01:00:27 pm »

Kate usually wears dull colors. As far as I can remember the only shade of red she wore was at the UNICEF event, and that was more of a maroon shade than red.

If they were really coordinating for the Union Jack colors (which is a bit heavy-handed to be honest) then why couldn't she just wear blue, and make Pippa/Carole wear red instead? Or just choose a shade of red that isn't so dazzlingly bright as the one she wore?
chisom19
royal watcher

« Reply #165 on: June 05, 2012, 01:27:01 pm »

I was watching BBC 1 this morning and katie Nicholl, kate's die hard fan said this: " the Duchess of cambridge choose that starlet dress designed by sarah burton to garner attention, so, she kate middleton will stand out!!
True Brit
Duchess

« Reply #166 on: June 05, 2012, 02:54:21 pm »

Nice historic note here a couple of quotes from diarists John Evelyn and Samuel Pepys who recorded the scene on the Thames following the Restoration of Charles II in 1662:

Pepys described the scene as the king and queen journeyed downriver from Hampton Court to Whitehall "under a canopy with 10,000 barges and boats, I think, for we could see no water for them."

Pepys couldn't even see King Charles II and his new Queen, Catherine of Braganza, in whose honour the event was being held. Instead, he consoled himself ‘by glutting himself with looking on’ the King’s reigning mistress, the voluptuous, raven-haired Barbara Villiers, Countess of Castlemaine, who had positioned herself nearby to see the spectacle — and be seen.

Remind us of anyone?

For Evelyn, the event was "the most magnificent triumph that ever floated on the Thames." He wrote admiringly of "the innumerable boates and vessells dress'd and adorn'd with all imaginable pomp ... the thrones, arches ... stately barges ... musiq and peals of ordnance both from ye vessels and the shore."

The pageant was in lieu of a Coronation for Queen Catherine of Braganza as she was a Catholic and either couldn't or wouldn't be properly crwoned. She must have been mighty hacked off to see Brassy Barbara on show.

10,000 boats? That trumps Sunday's event but doubt the Guinness Book of Records will accept a 17th century account.

The Canaletto painting which inspired th 2012 event was on Lord's Mayor Day of 1797 and is now on permanent display at in Prague although is on loan to the Royal River exhibition at Greenwich in London at the moment and until after the Olympics.

« Last Edit: June 05, 2012, 02:59:58 pm by True Brit » Logged

" Kate, Pippa and Carole Middleton seen at Manolo Blahnik today.. overheard asking if they carried shoes for cloven hooves. "
True Brit
Duchess

« Reply #167 on: June 05, 2012, 03:03:16 pm »

A good link connected to my last post if anyone wants to read more.

http://royal-splendor.blogspot.co.uk/2012/05/royal-river-pageant-six-hundred-years.html

Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #168 on: June 05, 2012, 03:12:40 pm »

Love the historic tidbits!  thankyou One thing that made the pageant a let down imo was the kind of vessels, they were just normal boats or kayaks. No glamour.

In the DM article a "friend" of the Queen says that she and the DoE didn't sit in the thrones because they were gaudy, but she also says that DoE wanted the pageantry but they didn't look at the Gloriana before? It doesn't make sense.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2154656/Diamond-Jubilee-2012-Why-Queen-Prince-Philip-left-shiver-rain-FOUR-hours.html

“Three things are to be looked to in a building: that it stand on the right spot, that it be securely founded, that it be successfully executed.” ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
serene grace
Princess

Appointed Moderator

« Reply #169 on: June 05, 2012, 05:14:39 pm »

I was watching BBC 1 this morning and katie Nicholl, kate's die hard fan said this: " the Duchess of cambridge choose that starlet dress designed by sarah burton to garner attention, so, she kate middleton will stand out!!

So even Katie Nicholl admitted Kate wanted attention.  bored3

[/URL]
Yooper
Princess

« Reply #170 on: June 05, 2012, 06:07:49 pm »

Oh dear! This is a bit of a shocker. They could at least have given them overnight accomm in a church hall or some such.

We got it here this morning:

http://gawker.com/5915799/unpaid-diamond-jubilee-stewards-were-forced-to-sleep-under-london-bridge

Jerks.  (The comments are worth your time, when you have some)

Serious accusations of mistreatment are being levied against the security firm put in charge of hiring and training stewards for the river pageant portion of the Queen's diamond jubilee festivities.

Several of the "long-term unemployed jobseekers" hired by Close Protection UK allege that they were promised compensation, only to be told after getting on the bus to London that the gig was unpaid.

They further claim that the stewards expected to receive suitable accommodations, but instead were made to sleep under the London Bridge despite poor weather conditions and the concrete floor making tent-pitching an impossibility.

Their situation did not improve much during the day: The stewards were reportedly left without toilet access for 24 hours; were forced to work 14 hours in the rain with nothing but a see-through plastic poncho for protection; and were eventually dumped at a "swampy campsite outside London."

The jobseekers were told that not working at least two days meant not being eligible for a paid position during the Olympics — another contract awarded to Close Protection UK.

"London was supposed to be a nice experience, but they left us in the rain," one female steward said. "They couldn't give a crap … No one is supposed to be treated like that, [working] for free. I don't want to be treated where I have to sleep under a bridge and wait for food."

CPUK confirmed that jobseekers were being "assessed in a live work environment" as part of their ongoing training for a paid spectator safety position, but chalked the London Bridge camp-out to "an unfortunate set of circumstances" and "not lack of care on the part of CPUK."

The UK politics blog Liberal Conspiracy wondered out loud where the £1.5m allocated toward stewarding the river pageant went. Former Deputy Prime Minister Lord Prescott has called for a formal inquiry, saying if the allegations were true, they were "appalling."

Tomorrow's People, the charity that supplied CPUK with its manpower through the UK's Work Programme, claimed it was still investigating the claims, but said it "believes strongly in the value of work experience in helping people to build the skills, confidence and CV they need to get and keep a job."

\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\"  Thomas Jefferson
True Brit
Duchess

« Reply #171 on: June 05, 2012, 06:22:34 pm »

Which has just raised another question as it says here £1.5million was paid out for stewarding. Where did this come from? I know Parliament gave the royals an extra £1million towards the Jubilee costs so I am reading this is a further £1.5 million. Suspect it's out of the London council taxpayer's pockets.

Kuei Fei
Princess

Moderator/I'm so royal I piss blue

« Reply #172 on: June 05, 2012, 09:44:38 pm »

We got it here this morning:

http://gawker.com/5915799/unpaid-diamond-jubilee-stewards-were-forced-to-sleep-under-london-bridge

Jerks.  (The comments are worth your time, when you have some)

Serious accusations of mistreatment are being levied against the security firm put in charge of hiring and training stewards for the river pageant portion of the Queen's diamond jubilee festivities.

Several of the "long-term unemployed jobseekers" hired by Close Protection UK allege that they were promised compensation, only to be told after getting on the bus to London that the gig was unpaid.

They further claim that the stewards expected to receive suitable accommodations, but instead were made to sleep under the London Bridge despite poor weather conditions and the concrete floor making tent-pitching an impossibility.

Their situation did not improve much during the day: The stewards were reportedly left without toilet access for 24 hours; were forced to work 14 hours in the rain with nothing but a see-through plastic poncho for protection; and were eventually dumped at a "swampy campsite outside London."

The jobseekers were told that not working at least two days meant not being eligible for a paid position during the Olympics — another contract awarded to Close Protection UK.

"London was supposed to be a nice experience, but they left us in the rain," one female steward said. "They couldn't give a crap … No one is supposed to be treated like that, [working] for free. I don't want to be treated where I have to sleep under a bridge and wait for food."

CPUK confirmed that jobseekers were being "assessed in a live work environment" as part of their ongoing training for a paid spectator safety position, but chalked the London Bridge camp-out to "an unfortunate set of circumstances" and "not lack of care on the part of CPUK."

The UK politics blog Liberal Conspiracy wondered out loud where the £1.5m allocated toward stewarding the river pageant went. Former Deputy Prime Minister Lord Prescott has called for a formal inquiry, saying if the allegations were true, they were "appalling."

Tomorrow's People, the charity that supplied CPUK with its manpower through the UK's Work Programme, claimed it was still investigating the claims, but said it "believes strongly in the value of work experience in helping people to build the skills, confidence and CV they need to get and keep a job."

I'll read the Guardian comments in a moment and the comments in the second article are shocking that one comment openly told HM ot "F*** Yourself.

The roayls should be glad that they are not politicians since any politician or president would lose his job.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
Magnolia
Duchess

« Reply #173 on: June 06, 2012, 12:43:26 am »

^That's bad that pretty bad.This (J) was basically thrown for nothing ones she's gone (I wish she lasts until 110)she will be forgotten unfortunately and the press is trying to make it happen already by focusing on Lazy.
Also the DM are full of hyprocrites man they said "who's (J) is it anyways" when Lazy wore that red rooster outfit but they themselves covered her more than the Queen full of pages of that terrible creature.

THIS IS YOU:NET- FXCKER A PERSON WHO SPENDS DAYS ON THE INTERNET AT A TIME USUALLY LATE AT NIGHT OR VERY EARLY IN THE MORNING HE OR SHE IS A RECLUSE AND A NET-FXCKER! THIS IS YOU:NET-JUNKIES TEND TO NOT HAVE LIVES ALTHOUGH ON RARE OCCASIONS ONE OF THEM UNWITTINGLY DOWNLOADS IT FROM THE INTERNET
YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #174 on: June 06, 2012, 03:41:17 am »

hm JLP was there as well
http://www1.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/Prince+Harry+Diamond+Jubilee+Thames+River+KF3oCgONTYDl.jpg

and I think the lady in blue is a LIW to HM

\\\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\\\"  Thomas Jefferson
Maya
courtier

« Reply #175 on: June 06, 2012, 07:54:19 pm »

There was a request - I think it was earlier in this thread - for a video of William moving Kate out of the way as she forgets protocol. Here it is:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aahTlfnIu0c

Yooper
Princess

« Reply #176 on: June 06, 2012, 08:50:55 pm »

I'd seen this before but didn't get it.  NOW I see it.  What a stump jumper she is!   laugh laugh laugh

\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\"  Thomas Jefferson
Kuei Fei
Princess

Moderator/I'm so royal I piss blue

« Reply #177 on: June 06, 2012, 10:14:26 pm »

Bit the bullet and watched and obviously she has no clue about restraint; Kate did not at all look happy and would someone PLEASE teach her how to curtsy; you don't do it like a ballerina.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #178 on: June 06, 2012, 10:25:20 pm »

What a difference a day makes! Drowned rats' flotilla choir have finally dried off... after being checked for hypothermia

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2154758/Diamond-Jubilee-2012-Drowned-rats-flotilla-choir-finally-dried--checked-hypothermia.html

“Three things are to be looked to in a building: that it stand on the right spot, that it be securely founded, that it be successfully executed.” ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
buflesse
Duchess

« Reply #179 on: June 06, 2012, 10:47:47 pm »

They were truly incredible.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9] 10   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: