Royal Gossip
May 28, 2017, 09:18:18 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 10   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Jubilee Pageant - 3 June  (Read 27008 times)
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« on: June 03, 2012, 12:11:38 pm »

Long to RAIN over us! Excited revellers won't let wet weather dampen their spirits as they bag the best spots for Jubilee river pageant

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2153969/Queens-Diamond-Jubilee-Excited-revellers-wont-let-wet-weather-dampen-spirits-bag-best-spots-Jubilee-river-pageant.html

“Three things are to be looked to in a building: that it stand on the right spot, that it be securely founded, that it be successfully executed.” ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2012, 12:19:08 pm »

live coverage http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-18234049

“Three things are to be looked to in a building: that it stand on the right spot, that it be securely founded, that it be successfully executed.” ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2012, 01:47:15 pm »

It starts in 15 min if I got things right. I'm going to be watching it through bbc international and will post tidbits.

Just heard on bbc that the Cambs + Harry would arrive at 2:05 and the Queen five minutes after. 
« Last Edit: June 03, 2012, 01:55:08 pm by Alexandrine » Logged

Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2012, 02:02:28 pm »

Camilla and Charles have arrived, I think I'm hearing booos from the public. Ok now a more happy reaction but still boos too?  dontknow

Camilla in cream,  I like the hat.

Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2012, 02:05:31 pm »

Kate in red with a strange ruffle in the skirt, hat similar to the maple leaf.

I wonder what colour is the queen using if Kate is in such a striking colour. Hair a bit up, the usual.

Kahleigh
courtier

« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2012, 02:08:17 pm »

Kate is wearing bright red dress with pleated skirt and odd pockets?, red clutch and hat (not sure what type of flowers are on her hat?), same nude LK Bennett shoes. William in his RAF uniform. Harry looking very dashing in his blues and royals uniform!
« Last Edit: June 03, 2012, 02:10:23 pm by Kahleigh » Logged
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2012, 02:09:53 pm »

They are always showing Kate, little of C&C.

Kate is also carrying something on her hands, the bag or something like a flag?

buflesse
Duchess

« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2012, 02:10:29 pm »

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m51lqbOuui1qi7inlo1_500.png

Wow...talk about an attention seeking outfit. She looks like a postbox.
georgiana
Baroness

« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2012, 02:11:55 pm »

I like her outfit but how skinny does she look? Seriously?
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #9 on: June 03, 2012, 02:12:43 pm »

Queen arriving now. lots of happy reaction nothing like C&C's. She is in white.

I cannot understand why they choose those colours. DoE looking smashing as always.

Kahleigh
courtier

« Reply #10 on: June 03, 2012, 02:14:23 pm »

Wow...talk about an attention seeking outfit. She looks like a postbox.
Maybe the postbox was her outfit inspiration buflesse? That is a very attention seeking colour for Kate compared to Camilla's pale cream and the Queen's white outfit!
Kate is also carrying something on her hands, the bag or something like a flag?
I thought it was a book or something as well as her clutch purse? But i'm not sure, I thought it was quite odd.
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #11 on: June 03, 2012, 02:15:01 pm »

I don't get it. Camilla's far away can be confused with the Queen and Kate is too much colour.

Mooster
Duchess

"William, stop worrying...the paps wouldn't dare!"

« Reply #12 on: June 03, 2012, 02:20:05 pm »

Kate has her padded bra on today  tehe

Diana, Zac, Jemima, Ben and Sir James Goldsmith    

Acornia
Countess

« Reply #13 on: June 03, 2012, 02:20:55 pm »

HM looks like she's wearing her bathrobe.

Camilla and Charles have arrived, I think I'm hearing booos from the public. Ok now a more happy reaction but still boos too?  dontknow

Camilla in cream,  I like the hat.

I haven't heard any boos  dontknow
buflesse
Duchess

« Reply #14 on: June 03, 2012, 02:21:55 pm »

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m51mb2d1WI1r1dy8go3_1280.png

HM looks lovely.
georgiana
Baroness

« Reply #15 on: June 03, 2012, 02:23:27 pm »

Kate has her padded bra on today  tehe

to be fair she does need something to fill out the dress
Kahleigh
courtier

« Reply #16 on: June 03, 2012, 02:24:05 pm »

The Queen looks so happy, she hasn't stopped grinning from the moment she stepped out of the car, and I like the little embroidered spots on her coat.
Here's a couple of blurry twitpics.
WK&H: http://twitpic.com/9se019
HM: http://twitpic.com/9se1sx

tweets from Clarence House:
The Duchess of Cambridge is wearing a dress by Alexander McQueen with a Sylvia Fletcher hat by James Lock
The Duchess of Cornwall is wearing an Anna Valentine coat and dress with a Philip Treacy hat
Didn't someone mention on another thread that they thought Kate was gonna wear McQueen? Whoever it was, they were right!
You're right Alexandrine, her hat looks similar to her Maple Leaf one from Canada, its made by the same person.  sigh
jasmin81296
royal watcher

« Reply #17 on: June 03, 2012, 02:26:16 pm »

kate looks so skinny. you can see her hips just jaunting out in her dress. Classic Kate-showing too much color to get the attention. Camila and The Queen are both wearing creamy colours--i think they agreed on a pastel palette to wear out today, but i guess Kate did not get the message. I am waiting to see what Sophie and Anne wear.
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #18 on: June 03, 2012, 02:26:51 pm »

It was me! I knew that she would use Sarah Burton again. For me it's not a good design.

Georgina it sounded like boos and not many hurras compared to when the Queen arrived.

buflesse
Duchess

« Reply #19 on: June 03, 2012, 02:27:49 pm »

http://www.neimanmarcus.com/p/Alexander-McQueen-Trompe-L-oeil-Jacket-Dress-Black-Premier-Designer/prod147270209/?ecid=NMALRFeedQFGLnEolOWg...&ci_src=14110944&ci_sku=prod147270209skuCHERRY&CS_003=5630585

Kate's dress is by McQueen and cost nearly $2000 (no longer online but this is the closest match)
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 10   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: