Royal Gossip
March 26, 2019, 11:08:53 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Are You Disillusioned With Royal Families?  (Read 7839 times)
buflesse
Duchess

« Reply #20 on: June 16, 2012, 06:51:08 am »

Kate and William had all aspects of a proper classical education at their top public schools, they just chose not to take any of it in.

Really?

In the past a liberal education meant several languages, skilled writing, being well read, and knowing how to play various instruments. This sort of education was given to people who were in fact studying for a position in office (when they weren't studying diplomacy) and did it to prove that they were cultured and civilized people. I can only see that William apparently didn't want ot learn anything useful while Kate decided to play at being a aristo and decided to treat her studies as a joke.

Now, as for the rest, Mette-Marit didn't bother finishing the degree program her husband's family paid for while the ohter women like Mary (still not fluent in the language that she married into) are simply living leisurely lives while not really cultivating themselves in any positive way. When Otto Von Habsburg died, he was the last of royals who were actually EDUCATED in the way that the word is supposed to mean.

William and Kate both had the option to learn several languages at their schools. They both had the option to take up several musical instruments. But they chose not to. I agree that it's ridiculous, but it's not that our education system has changed to the point where no one can come out of it as a well-rounded person any more.
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #21 on: June 16, 2012, 08:43:45 am »

our education system has changed to the point where no one can come out of it as a well-rounded person any more.

The only thing that has changed is the culture, not the opportunities. Looking at it this way, you mention that both Kate and William had the chance to learn an instrument, but chose not to. Kate and William epitomize the students who choose not to push themselves to do better and be better, yet balk when they realize that in the real world they have to compete for something and should have spent school in the library and not the bars.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
buflesse
Duchess

« Reply #22 on: June 16, 2012, 02:37:29 pm »

Most of the kids who end up in dead end, low paid jobs have come from deprived backgrounds with no history of higher education. I don't think it's possible or fair to compare William and Kate to these people. William and Kate are far worse because they had all the opportunities and didn't take them, whilst numerous other kids HAVEN'T had that opportunity because they were never encouraged at home, or couldn't afford music lessons, or weren't taught to love books at an early age. There will always be far more opportunities for the wealthy than there are for the poor. But yeah, that aside, there were always lazy people in the '50s and '60s, but the younger generation of royals seem to think that they can be as stupid as they want and as long as the PR team works they'll get away with it. It seems to be working so far.
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #23 on: June 16, 2012, 07:27:49 pm »

I agree; I look forward to the day that the younger generation of royals end up with their thrones lost.

There is no way that William or the rest of the princes are going to end up coming off as worthy of respect and deference. Times are too hard and people are discovering what they are made of.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
buflesse
Duchess

« Reply #24 on: June 16, 2012, 07:40:32 pm »

Exactly, which is why they just choose to hang around in the celebrity bubble where they'll be worshipped by people who have more talent than them. Someone asked me why William and Kate haven't bothered to visit Cambridge yet, despite receiving a special punt as a wedding gift and obviously having a connection with the place - I told them it was probably because the hard working, academic students obviously wouldn't be impressed with W&K and their fake glamour.
lothwen
Duchess

Hello. My name is Lothwen, and I am a Harryaholic

« Reply #25 on: June 16, 2012, 07:46:59 pm »

I wouldn't say that I am dissilusioned with any monarchy, because as an American they don't really affect me, and so I can look at them as amusing institutions.  Because there's always been a monarcy in England for my entire life it would be strange if a Republic were to devlop before my death.  That's not to sy that there shouldn't be a Republic however-but it's not up to me to decide that.

I\\\'m not going to defend myself against these accusations of \\\"playing both sides.\\\"  If you want to know how I feel about Kate and William, read my posts.  If you want further proof, go to the \\\"other forum\\\" and read my posts there.  I have the same user name for both forums.
Snokitty
Princess

« Reply #26 on: June 16, 2012, 08:58:19 pm »

I have for a while thought that the Monarchy costs more than it is worth. It is like the head of a failing bank receiving a $10 million bonus, for what failure.  dontknow

I have in recent years become disillusioned with some members of the royal family but not all of them.
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #27 on: June 17, 2012, 01:29:03 am »

Exactly, which is why they just choose to hang around in the celebrity bubble where they'll be worshipped by people who have more talent than them.

However talented, there are many out there who are just as skilled, over there it is about a PR campaign and luck. That is how the Windsors are and that is how Kate got her precious ring. Same with a lot of the rest of the royals, with the exception of the Middle Eastern ones and the Ducal royalties.

Someone asked me why William and Kate haven't bothered to visit Cambridge yet, despite receiving a special punt as a wedding gift and obviously having a connection with the place - I told them it was probably because the hard working, academic students obviously wouldn't be impressed with W&K and their fake glamour.

Considering how bad things are getting for students, looking at how so many students are constantly on the verge of rioting, I would have to say that Kate and William are the last two people who should go anywhere near a univesrity/college campus unless officials want a complete revolution; all of them will explode at seeing her smug face.

June
Duchess

« Reply #28 on: June 17, 2012, 08:10:27 am »

As I earlier explained, for Australians, it's about a stable system of Gvt and law. It is the very hallmark of our Constitution. It's not about personalities.

@ bufflesse:  thumbsup This is very true. I don't ever hear anyone in my professional circle discuss royalty, except in a certain context, or as a frivolous remark. Yet, these are the very people who would support the maintaining of it as the apex of our political hierarchy.

There exists only a very small portion of Australians who could be termed true "monarchists". These are the ones that keep the women's mags afloat.  tehe
buflesse
Duchess

« Reply #29 on: June 17, 2012, 01:22:03 pm »

LOL don't get me started on the likes of Hello magazine and their unhealthy obsession with Kate!
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: