Royal Gossip
July 24, 2017, 01:52:00 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 [18]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Danish Royal Family Events and General Chat  (Read 72940 times)
Miss Hathaway
Countess

« Reply #340 on: November 04, 2015, 09:06:36 pm »

Colorful royalty!

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CS9tf-3UwAA7YHY.jpg
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #341 on: November 04, 2015, 09:13:44 pm »

I need the pink coat.

“Three things are to be looked to in a building: that it stand on the right spot, that it be securely founded, that it be successfully executed.” ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Countess of Holland
Duchess

« Reply #342 on: November 04, 2015, 09:41:21 pm »

Love the coat but as I am terribly pale and blond, the color would wash me out completely. But it looks great on Mary. In my opinion Mary looks more poised than Maxima in this picture.
Countess of Holland
Duchess

« Reply #343 on: November 05, 2015, 09:32:38 pm »

Yesterday the pink coat and today another wonderful piece; I just LOVE this dress. Very business-like and yet feminine.

http://www.newmyroyals.com/2015/11/crown-princess-mary-visits-icc-in-hague.html
Miss Hathaway
Countess

« Reply #344 on: November 06, 2015, 03:50:02 am »

^very classic, very Mary.  I'd love to have this dress. 
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #345 on: November 11, 2015, 11:55:43 pm »

http://www.newmyroyals.com/2015/11/princess-mary-and-princess-marie.html

now that they have cash Marie could employ a stylist...

“Three things are to be looked to in a building: that it stand on the right spot, that it be securely founded, that it be successfully executed.” ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Miss Hathaway
Countess

« Reply #346 on: November 12, 2015, 03:11:37 pm »

^ Oh, wow, that is surprisingly tacky for Marie!   blink
HennyPenny
gossip insider

« Reply #347 on: November 13, 2015, 03:19:52 am »

I know I may in the minority from what I have read here and other boards,  but I like Mary of Denmark.. She seems to have  so much enthusiasm for her charities and events  . Mary knows her position and plays it and doesn't give the impression that the press or the public  are a bother . I don't know  much about how the Danes  view her, but as someone from the outside looking in, she does give more effort than some ...
Countess of Holland
Duchess

« Reply #348 on: November 13, 2015, 09:13:10 am »

I am with you HennyPenny. Yes, Mary is extroverted and as such she doesn't mind the attention she gets when she is out and about. But I think that comes with the territory. A truly introverted woman would have said 'thanks but no thanks' to Frederik because a life in the center of attention would have scared her.

And Mary seems very dedicated to her causes, like the protection of women and the anti-bullying campaign. And when she is visiting her causes, she is present. She engages with people from all backgrounds and she knows her stuff. And that is essentially what is expected of a royal: show up, show that you care, don't embarrass the family and ensure the next generation is in place.
And in all these aspects Mary has delivered (no pun intended). And she has been a massive ambassador for Danish no.1 export-product: Danish design. And that too is a requirement for a royal. Support the economy in your (new) home-country.

Is she perfect? No, she isn't but who is. But she is doing a good job and although it is always difficult to predict what happens behind closed doors, she and the Crown Prince come across as a devoted couple and devoted parents for their children.
Fly on the wall
Princess

Lady of Threads

« Reply #349 on: March 17, 2016, 01:34:30 am »

The Danish Royals attend a Gala Dinner at Christiansborg Palace
http://www.newmyroyals.com/2016/03/the-danish-royals-attend-gala-dinner-at.html

NEVER *despise* correction,for those who correct you ,truly LOVE you .They are willing to displease you and possibly lose your friendship ,rather than see you destroyed. Those who *despise* you ,on the other hand ,will allow you to FAIL...because what do they care ?

Every praise is not good and every criticism is not evil..!
Miss Hathaway
Countess

« Reply #350 on: March 17, 2016, 04:14:13 pm »

Hold the phone!!       Pippa     Mary has a new tiara!!!!

Well, it's about time.   No wonder she has such a big smile.    Not sure about the dress, but the tiara is so much improved over the dinky wedding tiara or the nuts and grapes one.

It seems things are transitioning in Denmark.
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 [18]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: