Royal Gossip
October 22, 2017, 05:20:54 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Republicans issue writ against BBC for biased Jubilee coverage  (Read 8508 times)
True Brit
Duchess

« Reply #20 on: June 03, 2012, 10:22:09 pm »

Republicans claim they were prevented from demonstrating in  London today.

http://twitter.com/RepublicStaff/status/209273145172041728/photo/1

" Kate, Pippa and Carole Middleton seen at Manolo Blahnik today.. overheard asking if they carried shoes for cloven hooves. "
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #21 on: June 03, 2012, 10:24:08 pm »

I read that but I didn't understand the problem with private security, I mean what is private security?

“Three things are to be looked to in a building: that it stand on the right spot, that it be securely founded, that it be successfully executed.” ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
True Brit
Duchess

« Reply #22 on: June 03, 2012, 10:30:42 pm »

It seems there are teams of privately run security firms being allowed to police the streets alongside the legitimate police forces. This is starting to creep in across the UK and there is much trouble about it and opposition from the police themselves.

Have to say I'm concerned about this as the police are accountable to the public but taking on someone who runs teams of nightclub bouncers is just completely undemocratic and is turning the clock back centuries.

I have also read but have no verification that these security teams are unpaid workfare volunteers. If so it's getting even more complicated but anyway, Republic claim they were prevented from getting to the embankment to protest. They should have been allowed and HM should have allowed them to do so but it would be out of her hands I suppose but things like this leave a nasty after taste for they are entitled to voice their point of view. Anything else smacks of North Korea.

" Kate, Pippa and Carole Middleton seen at Manolo Blahnik today.. overheard asking if they carried shoes for cloven hooves. "
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #23 on: June 03, 2012, 10:39:05 pm »

What?  Shocked How can that be legal? If I was republic I would try to sue.

I've read twits of people not been able to reach the meeting point, although they were interviewed by the bbc this morning.

“Three things are to be looked to in a building: that it stand on the right spot, that it be securely founded, that it be successfully executed.” ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
buflesse
Duchess

« Reply #24 on: June 03, 2012, 10:49:28 pm »

I remember one of my republican friends being arrested the night before the royal wedding because the police had got wind of the fact that he was planning to demonstrate. That was crazy, and they're actually allowed to get away with that sort of thing. I like the BBC and don't mind paying my license fee, but I can see where the Republicans are coming from and I think the BBC will be in trouble if they don't ease off with the pro-monarchy stuff a little.
True Brit
Duchess

« Reply #25 on: June 03, 2012, 10:56:42 pm »

Think I read this in the DT but just saw a story which says they are already arresting people ahead of the Olympics in this manner. It's getting somewhat repressive and of course legislation to allow this to happen has been slipped via Parliament some time back but people are too busy watching X Factor to realise what is happening.

The BBC is attracting universal condemnation for its coverage - in the main for having dumbed it all down. They and the rest of the media really do have to start refelecting the news properly and not join in the media manipulation.

Magnolia
Duchess

« Reply #26 on: June 04, 2012, 12:46:53 am »

The RF is scared  if they were so secured why not let the people protest it's their right.Throwing parties won't stop the people if they want this fam out! from happening. I think after the J is over people will be like ok now what.This reminds me of the wedding just forced celebrations and fake smiles.Come on forget your troubles  for a couple of days while Lazy wears a 2000 pound dress isn't she just loooveeeely awe.

THIS IS YOU:NET- FXCKER A PERSON WHO SPENDS DAYS ON THE INTERNET AT A TIME USUALLY LATE AT NIGHT OR VERY EARLY IN THE MORNING HE OR SHE IS A RECLUSE AND A NET-FXCKER! THIS IS YOU:NET-JUNKIES TEND TO NOT HAVE LIVES ALTHOUGH ON RARE OCCASIONS ONE OF THEM UNWITTINGLY DOWNLOADS IT FROM THE INTERNET
rogue
Duchess

« Reply #27 on: June 04, 2012, 02:36:27 pm »

It bothers me how simple people have become  sigh They get upset when people are on welfare , but don't mind seeing their taxpayers being  sent to a wealthy family.Like i said this whole thing is an anti climax and shame on the politicians for allowing so much money being wasted in a economical crisis..
buflesse
Duchess

« Reply #28 on: June 04, 2012, 03:45:25 pm »

It bothers me how simple people have become  sigh They get upset when people are on welfare , but don't mind seeing their taxpayers being  sent to a wealthy family.Like i said this whole thing is an anti climax and shame on the politicians for allowing so much money being wasted in a economical crisis..

thumbsup
Kuei Fei
Princess

Moderator/I'm so royal I piss blue

« Reply #29 on: June 04, 2012, 06:02:23 pm »

The RF is scared  if they were so secured why not let the people protest it's their right.Throwing parties won't stop the people if they want this fam out! from happening. I think after the J is over people will be like ok now what.This reminds me of the wedding just forced celebrations and fake smiles.Come on forget your troubles  for a couple of days while Lazy wears a 2000 pound dress isn't she just loooveeeely awe.

This is why I don't think that if the Windsors were tossed off, that they would be handled with kid gloves. This is blatant intimidation and the same whne royal thugs intimidated Amanda Platell. This is no different than when Czarist Russia bullied the press and publishers.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #30 on: June 04, 2012, 06:22:26 pm »

Think I read this in the DT but just saw a story which says they are already arresting people ahead of the Olympics in this manner. It's getting somewhat repressive and of course legislation to allow this to happen has been slipped via Parliament some time back but people are too busy watching X Factor to realise what is happening.

The BBC is attracting universal condemnation for its coverage - in the main for having dumbed it all down. They and the rest of the media really do have to start refelecting the news properly and not join in the media manipulation.

I read the case of the woman who posted a bad joke on facebook and was detained, there are more cases? This is like living on the minority report film.

Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #31 on: June 04, 2012, 08:06:26 pm »

thumbsup

The thing is, that people on welfare are people who are either down on their luck or just broken people who had it so bad that they can't get it together. They should be helped out and kept out of the streets, but what boggles my mind is how much is being spent by the RF on clothes alone, much less what the taxpayer is paying. If anyone should be paying, it should be the Windsors paying to help the nation celebrate.

Oooohhhh I am envisioning massive human rights lawsuits against the RF and government. The Windsors HAVE to be complicit in all of this since HM is SO cozy with Cameron, her little flunky puppy. First meddling in Scotland's independence process and now this.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
buflesse
Duchess

« Reply #32 on: June 04, 2012, 08:17:17 pm »

Somehow I think the government and the RF are going to get away with all these arrests. It happened during the royal wedding and thanks to the media cover-up and negative portrayal of protestors, no one cared.
HC
Countess

« Reply #33 on: June 07, 2012, 05:32:22 pm »

Well, here we are introducing new rules for people on wellfare.

People on wellfare under the age of 25 I think, has to spend all day removing weed. If they don't show up they don't get a penny. The result was that 90 pct. found work within a week.  sly
buflesse
Duchess

« Reply #34 on: June 07, 2012, 05:34:30 pm »

What kind of work though, I wonder? It's always the people with the worst, most mundane, soul destroying jobs that are paid the least. And ironically most of those people work harder than William and Kate ever have.
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #35 on: June 07, 2012, 07:00:20 pm »

Somehow I think the government and the RF are going to get away with all these arrests. It happened during the royal wedding and thanks to the media cover-up and negative portrayal of protestors, no one cared.

I'm going to ask a couple Republican websites if any foreign nationals were arrested; wouldn't that make a juicy story and end up all over the newspapers? If a Chinese for example had been arrested, it would cause a huge stink in China; I am going to find out and this might very well be a chance to really make a 'name' for myself.

HC
Countess

« Reply #36 on: June 07, 2012, 07:11:05 pm »

What kind of work though, I wonder? It's always the people with the worst, most mundane, soul destroying jobs that are paid the least. And ironically most of those people work harder than William and Kate ever have.
The work they found was apparently better than removing weed.

Before this change of terms for receiving wellfare, only 10 pct. found a job themselves. sly

Obviously most of these people prefer to do nothing and receive wellfare than remove weed in exchange of wellfare.
buflesse
Duchess

« Reply #37 on: June 07, 2012, 07:18:33 pm »

Well the RF are the biggest scroungers of the lot. They've had all the privileges that most of these unemployed people can only dream of; they receive millions of pounds of taxpayers' money every year; and they're lauded even when they do nothing (I'm looking at YOU, Will and Kate). And don't forget this:

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/queen-tried-to-use-state-poverty-fund-to-heat-buckingham-palace-2088179.html

In all honesty I don't blame people for not wanting to cut the heads off chickens for a pittance.
Bella
Baroness

« Reply #38 on: June 07, 2012, 08:41:32 pm »

It seems there are teams of privately run security firms being allowed to police the streets alongside the legitimate police forces. This is starting to creep in across the UK and there is much trouble about it and opposition from the police themselves.

Have to say I'm concerned about this as the police are accountable to the public but taking on someone who runs teams of nightclub bouncers is just completely undemocratic and is turning the clock back centuries.

I have also read but have no verification that these security teams are unpaid workfare volunteers. If so it's getting even more complicated but anyway, Republic claim they were prevented from getting to the embankment to protest. They should have been allowed and HM should have allowed them to do so but it would be out of her hands I suppose but things like this leave a nasty after taste for they are entitled to voice their point of view. Anything else smacks of North Korea.

You're right, is going on everywhere.
True Brit
Duchess

« Reply #39 on: June 09, 2012, 10:48:06 am »

Interesting how dissenting voices are starting to appear now it's all over...

http://blogs.independent.co.uk/2012/06/05/the-diamond-jubilee-elizabeths-60-years-at-odds-with-democracy/

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: