Royal Gossip
September 24, 2017, 06:03:18 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The American Royal Family: The Kennedys  (Read 8358 times)
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« on: May 27, 2012, 10:09:00 pm »

'They're bullies and they treat their women like crap': One former Kennedy wife tells of Robert Kennedy's come-ons, JFK's stealing, and the family's philandering

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2150659/Former-Kennedy-wife-tells-Robert-Kennedys-come-ons-JFKs-stealing-familys-philandering.html

(I hope the title is ok)

“Three things are to be looked to in a building: that it stand on the right spot, that it be securely founded, that it be successfully executed.” ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Sassy
royal watcher

« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2012, 10:21:24 pm »

I don't like it when my favorite royal family is being trashed.  thumbsdown
Not saying they were saints but I don't believe all the rumors out there.
Yooper
Princess

« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2012, 10:23:33 pm »

The thing that bothers me about Kennedy bashing is that in order to do it right, you have to take a long, hard look at the massive amount of good work that they have done and continue to do.  There are more good people than bad in that family.  Just as in any other.

There is, however, a theme that runs through the family and it's usually philandering and/or abuse of power.

\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\"  Thomas Jefferson
Kuei Fei
Princess

Moderator/I'm so royal I piss blue

« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2012, 01:02:26 am »

One thing that is always overlooked, is that they are a family that plays hard after working hard. They are also relentlessly ambitious and I wonder sometimes if there is anything wrong with professional ambition.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
Yooper
Princess

« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2012, 01:20:22 am »

^That is true, and I, for one, have no problem with professional and personal ambition.  And JFK never took a salary while in office as President.  This family is full of activists, philanthropists, doctors, lawyers, politicians, it's endless.  So, there are many to applaud.  If you look at any powerful person, you are bound to find a lot of dirt, but the Kennedys are a lot of people.  I have no idea how many there are but their family tree must be a forest.

I regard professional ambition as a strength and there are few people who can deny that the Kennedys have changed people lives, and have been a source of inspiration.

They are not, by the way, our wealthiest of families.  I just checked and as of two years ago, the estate of Joseph P. Kennedy was worth 850M.  That's not huge next to Bill Gates who, percentage-wise, comes up massively short by comparison.  For instance, Bill and Melinda Gates gave about $200M toward their own foundation.  In probably the largest donation ever given from an individual, Warren Buffet gave $1.5B worth of stock to the Gates Foundation.  That's always been interesting to we development people.

The Kennedys, as a family, are known throughout the development and philanthropic communities as the most generous in terms of personal involvement and numbers of members who serve on boards throughout the world.  They give more than they receive.  Bill Gates gets a 5% return on his intitial donation.  People forget that.

Their personal life is always of interest and rife with disaster, tragedies and outright lawbreakers.  To say they are not a fascinating family would be ridiculous.  I try not to take a brush and paint the entire family as this or that, however. 

\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\"  Thomas Jefferson
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2012, 06:20:36 am »

The one thing I remain thankful for is that the Kennedys did work hard and make something of himself.

Joseph came to the US and worked like a fiend; while some were shady, everyone hated Prohibition and no one really objected to buying liquor at the time. Second, all the Kennedys are still hard workers and I admire the Irish grit (although HM looked down on the Kennedy family, the snob) and the fact that if they do get taxpayer money, they get it via public service and work.

Their personal life is always of interest and rife with disaster, tragedies and outright lawbreakers.  To say they are not a fascinating family would be ridiculous.  I try not to take a brush and paint the entire family as this or that, however. 

I do find it odd that the Kennedys can't seem to get thier personal lives in shape and stabilized.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
Yooper
Princess

« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2012, 07:37:17 am »

The Kennedys, from what I've read, lived through and seen, they usually stay within their own circle and it's a large one, on any personal level.  Their family comes first, so outsiders (wives/husbands - just look at Peter Lawford's history some time) rarely get in and have the hardest time of all.

Jackie somehow beat that system by standing firm and eventually won Joe Sr's respect.  He also knew that without her, there would never have been a President John F. Kennedy.  She is the exception to the rule.  It sort of breaks my heart to think of it, but I don't think JFK, Jr.'s marriage would have lasted.  Catholic belief or no.  They were already having problems when they both died.  His personal assistant, in her book, alluded to that.  His wife, Caroline, was having a rough time with his lifestyle and was a woman with a strong education (BU), career and mind of her own but she, too, had to put her life aside and I'm not sure that would've worked as easily as it did for his father's marriage.  Who knows, really, it's just always been a hunch.

Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2012, 02:15:33 am »

His wife, Caroline, was having a rough time with his lifestyle and was a woman with a strong education (BU), career and mind of her own but she, too, had to put her life aside

Why do they do this? They marry some remarkable women and then seem to have to break them into shadows of their former selves.

It's not like there aren't a bunch of brainless debutantes out there already and I am sure that they would be glad ot marry into this family. You can't marry

Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2012, 10:10:15 pm »

Kennedys at war: Ted's sons turn on step-mother Vicki because 'she won't let Taylor Swift stay at house'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2178127/Kennedys-war-Teds-sons-turn-step-mother-Vicki-wont-let-Taylor-Swift-stay-house.html

“Three things are to be looked to in a building: that it stand on the right spot, that it be securely founded, that it be successfully executed.” ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
serene grace
Princess

Appointed Moderator

« Reply #9 on: July 24, 2012, 10:14:06 pm »

I don't like it when my favorite royal family is being trashed.  thumbsdown
Not saying they were saints but I don't believe all the rumors out there.

I love the Kennedy's too. I know they have their faults but the family has served the American public for close to 100yrs and that's saying something.

[/URL]
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #10 on: July 30, 2012, 08:38:47 am »

Kennedys at war: Ted's sons turn on step-mother Vicki because 'she won't let Taylor Swift stay at house'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2178127/Kennedys-war-Teds-sons-turn-step-mother-Vicki-wont-let-Taylor-Swift-stay-house.html

Gee, I don't think the Kennedy boys wanted to just hear Taylor sing her songs; there's also something funny about the stepmother trying to instill morality in a Kennedy male.

HC
Countess

« Reply #11 on: July 30, 2012, 01:03:35 pm »

Was John F. Kennedy the flat-out absolute worst U.S. president of the 20th century?

In retrospect, he spent his 35 months in the White House stumbling from crisis to fiasco. He came into office and okayed the Bay of Pigs invasion. Then he went to a Vienna summit conference and got his clock cleaned by Khrushchev. That led to, among other things, the Cuban missile crisis and a whiff of nuclear apocalypse.

http://ricks.foreignpolicy.com/posts/2011/07/15/was_john_f_kennedy_the_flat_out_absolute_worst_us_president_of_the_20th_century
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #12 on: July 31, 2012, 09:28:07 pm »

The other Mrs Kennedy: Jackie's sister-in-law Ethel shines as Washington's real glamour girl in new documentary

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2181625/The-Mrs-Kennedy-Jackies-sister-law-Ethel-shines-Washingtons-real-glamour-girl-new-documentary.html

Nighthawk
Princess

« Reply #13 on: August 03, 2012, 11:15:40 pm »

thought it would be the best place to post this article

Jackie Kennedy's wedding dress is the star of a glamorous new Valentino exhibition to open at Somerset House
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2183238/Jackie-Kennedys-wedding-dress-star-glamorous-new-Valentino-exhibition-open-Somerset-House.html#ixzz22WXqwRyN
Nighthawk
Princess

« Reply #14 on: November 03, 2013, 06:18:29 pm »

'I love you, Jack, I love you': Jackie Kennedy's poignant words to shot JFK- and how after his death she kissed his feet still dressed in her blood-drenched Chanel suit
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2485912/New-book-reveals-poignant-moments-Jackie-Kennedy-spent-JFK-kissing-feet-lips-blood-soaked-Chanel-suit-refused-off.html#ixzz2jbkh1ot3
Yooper
Princess

« Reply #15 on: November 04, 2013, 04:45:15 am »

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/tv-movies/jfk-smoking-gun-tv-review-article-1.1504188

Australian detective Colin McLaren’s “JFK: The Smoking Gun” is pretty sure to be the most provocative and controversial declaration we’ll see this month as all of television marks the 50th anniversary of President John F. Kennedy's assassination on Nov. 22, 1963.

50 years.  Good grief.  This is in my dvr lineup so I'm going to take a gander at this, but I find it hard to believe a secret service agent could've been this clumsy.  However, I also have always questioned the bystanders who smelled gun smoke which is impossible if Oswald is the only assassin.  How do you smell the backfire from the Depository?  You can't. 

RoyalWatcher
Baroness

« Reply #16 on: November 04, 2013, 05:28:03 am »

Never believed the lone gunman account....if you look at the zapruder film.....its very clear that Kennedy was killed from a shot in front of him, since his brain matter exploded backwards.  Had the bullet entered from the rear of the head, his face would have been partially blown away from the exit wound.

Harvey was a patsy, and the Mob was in on the hit.  Why else would known mobster Jack Ruby killed Ostwald?  To keep him silent.
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #17 on: November 04, 2013, 05:43:05 am »

The more I read about this family, the more I admire Jackie for breaking away when she did; that family would have just used her as The Widow Kennedy and they did keep her on a short financial leash. Onassis was good for her and she did the smart thing in letting that part of her past go after RFK was assassinated. As for Joan, she kind of surprised me by staying as long as she did. I would have gotten a teaching certificate, bailed after RFK's death, and left with a fat settlement.

As for the mistresses, I would ave avoided that family like anything mainly since after all, almost each and every single long time mistress ended up dead 'mysterious circumstances'. One with the last name Meyer was murdered after sending Jackie a card of sympathy over the miscarriage and Marilyn was dead after that rant over the phone. I mean, the Kennedy family is one reason that I've learned you NEVER mess around with a man who is involved in public affairs. I mean, Monica L. is lucky to be alive, however much a joke.

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/tv-movies/jfk-smoking-gun-tv-review-article-1.1504188

Australian detective Colin McLaren’s “JFK: The Smoking Gun” is pretty sure to be the most provocative and controversial declaration we’ll see this month as all of television marks the 50th anniversary of President John F. Kennedy's assassination on Nov. 22, 1963.
0 years.  Good grief.  This is in my dvr lineup so I'm going to take a gander at this, but I find it hard to believe a secret service agent could've been this clumsy.  However, I also have always questioned the bystanders who smelled gun smoke which is impossible if Oswald is the only assassin.  How do you smell the backfire from the Depository?  You can't.

I wonder if the Secret Service had someone on the inside who helped pull the assassination off; the thing with the Kennedy family, is that they had a lot of shady dealings with the Mob and who knows who else. One thing I know is that you never put yourself beholden to the Mob and think you can avoid paying them back with interest in any form.

Yooper
Princess

« Reply #18 on: November 05, 2013, 01:17:33 am »

It's riveting and I hope all can get access to the YouTube videos of the program which may or may not hold all the info - not sure.  I watched it and it really confirms my belief as well that no way no how could a lone gunman have done this.   It's also not beyond the realm of possibility that a secret service gun was used.  The ballistics prove that now.  Wow.  The question remains whether or not it came from an officer or another assassin, to me. 

The interesting thing is how many of the mainstream DC press are slamming this.  That always puts up a red flag to me. 

Here ya go, in three parts, it seems:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NMmihcLKHf4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VQclajef0Ks

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vRKxWZoe4Mc

^Agreed, KF, about Jackie getting away from the Kennedys and not being a non-stop dog and pony show.  After RFK's assassination, she'd had it with the USA's safety for her family as well.  I don't blame her.  I continue to be glad that she was not alive to witness JFK, Jr.'s death.  She was spared that anyway.  (I also think you mean Ethel Kennedy as RFK's wife, not Joan, KF.  Joan was Ted Kennedy's wife.  What a sad story that one is.)

Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #19 on: November 05, 2013, 01:38:45 am »

Oh, I know that Joan was Ted's wife, I was just mentioning that as an aside.

I think Ethel was a controlling headcase who wanted to control Jackie and I admire how Jackie just pushed back when she was bullied by Ethel. Ethel made the mistake of pushing RFK into politics, into running for President, and not getting it that Camelot was over and was never coming back. I think Ethel was kind of responsible for Bobby's death.

Joan got the worst of all of them; I think she would have been better matched with Bobby. It's no wonder she became a drunk, I would too if I were married to Ted. After the death of Mary-Jo I would have walked and given Ted the finger and taken him to the cleaners.

Joe treated so many badly and it's karma at it's finest that he had to watch his two best sons get cut down.

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: