Royal Gossip
December 18, 2017, 06:54:34 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Prince William binned a wedding guest list of 777 names  (Read 5232 times)
leogirl
Duchess

« Reply #20 on: July 26, 2012, 08:45:55 am »

IMO it would have looked better for Britain to have more foreign heads of state and dignitaries there. Good PR for Britain as well as the monarchy. I bet a big reason the wedding wasn't as watched is because it was either over-promoted or because so many of PW's friends (who we don't know) were there. I wonder if people from countries that were snubbed would have watched if their head of state was there, just as interest, "What is our President/Prime Minister doing today?" And all those celebs made the event seem tacky. I could understand having a few celebrity friends attend, but there was a high proportion of celebrities, when a royal wedding (unless it's a private ceremony with just a handful of witnesses) should have a high percentage of foreign royals and heads of state.

Also, what's with the "I don't know these people"? It's a WEDDING! It's not your birthday party, dude. Big weddings ALWAYS have people from out of town that you never see or barely know on the invite list. And yes, some of them will turn up at the wedding. You always hear about a huge stack of invites mailed out to distant and out-of-town relatives. PW needs to get over himself, and HM is not helping by indulging in this sort of behavior. JMO.

If you want to invite 777 of your friends, that is what a bachelor party is for, or the party after the main reception.
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #21 on: July 29, 2012, 01:35:45 am »

Does anyone know which heads of state of which countries were snubbed?

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
Albany
Baroness

« Reply #22 on: July 29, 2012, 03:00:05 am »

I'm fairly certain the Obamas weren't invited.
It would be interesting to see which of the leaders of the commonwealth nations were included, and which weren't...

"Off with their heads!" -The Queen of Hearts
meememe
Duchess

« Reply #23 on: July 29, 2012, 03:04:09 am »

I think that all the Commonwealth Heads were invited - certainly all the GGs and PMs of the other realms were invited and most, if not all, attended.

As this wasn't an official State occasion Heads of State from outside the Commonwealth or other European royals weren't invited - other European royals were invited because they are extended family as much as being Heads of State.
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #24 on: July 29, 2012, 04:27:52 am »

As this wasn't an official State occasion Heads of State from outside the Commonwealth or other European royals weren't invited

Both ways again; soon however if the Windsors need a place to go, I wonder if whether or not they will be welcome anywhere. The Commonwealth countries are slipping away and the other monarchs who are also family are having problems of their own.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
meememe
Duchess

« Reply #25 on: July 29, 2012, 06:56:35 am »

The Commonwealth countries are not slipping away.

The Commonwealth is adding members with two current new applicants awaiting approval - South Sudan and Somililand with four others thought to be considering applications to join - Algeria (a former French colony), Madagascar, Sudan and Yemen. 

Rwanda is the newest member having joined in 2009 - again with no links to Britain as a colonial power.

Far from slipping away the Commonwealth is growing.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: