Royal Gossip
October 17, 2017, 04:15:35 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Prince William binned a wedding guest list of 777 names  (Read 5039 times)
Kuei Fei
Princess

Moderator/I'm so royal I piss blue

« on: May 22, 2012, 05:10:23 am »

Prince William binned a wedding guest list of 777 names so he could invite his friends to the party

Prince William has revealed he tore up his original wedding guest list because it included 777 people neither he nor his bride knew.
The Duke of Cambridge also told how he only got half an hour's sleep the night before the ceremony at Westminster Abbey because he was so nervous.
Speaking about the crowds camped outside Clarence House on the night before his wedding to Kate Middleton, he said: 'They were singing and cheering all night long, so the excitement of that, the nervousness of me and everyone singing - I slept for about half an hour.'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2147896/Prince-William-binned-wedding-guest-list-777-names-invite-friends-party.html#ixzz1vZIXs94w

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
Gwendolyn
Baroness

Stupor Mundi

« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2012, 05:52:24 am »

Who counted the number of names belonging to people they didn't know?  This is bizarre.

"A still more glorious dawn awaits." --Carl Sagan
Yooper
Princess

« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2012, 06:39:32 am »

Who's insensitive enough not to wonder if there's another copy of the list and, in addition, asking why these people were on the list first?  PW!  That's who. 

\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\"  Thomas Jefferson
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2012, 06:42:56 am »

Sooner or later the list will be found and I honestly think that a lot of dignitaries were snubbed so it could be turned into a tackfest of PR.

Prince William has revealed he tore up his original wedding guest list because it included 777 people neither he nor his bride knew.

BUt they were people who should have had at least the gesture of an invitation to the people who are important enough. I never cease to be amazed at how many people were passed over and how it was made all about him and not at all about the nation.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
True Brit
Duchess

« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2012, 10:01:25 am »

More PR puff - it's simply to remind Joe Public of last year's wedding and to tie it in with the Jubilee. When it  comes to State propaganda the Windsors are grand masters and the taxpayer bloody well funds them to bombard us with it.

" Kate, Pippa and Carole Middleton seen at Manolo Blahnik today.. overheard asking if they carried shoes for cloven hooves. "
True Brit
Duchess

« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2012, 02:22:28 pm »

Perhaps someone can correct me but I don't believe there were thousands of people camped outside Clarence House allnight screaming and singing. There definitely was when C&D got spliced in 1981.

I know there werepeople camping out along the Mall and CH last year but they were in their hundreds not thousands and seemed to be overseas visitors in the main.

Anyone?

" Kate, Pippa and Carole Middleton seen at Manolo Blahnik today.. overheard asking if they carried shoes for cloven hooves. "
Mooster
Duchess

"William, stop worrying...the paps wouldn't dare!"

« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2012, 04:06:20 pm »

^  I was in London on late Friday afternoon...I walked down the Mall and outside Clarence House and there were nowhere near the numbers they are suggesting.  There were about a hundred or so people at the end of the cordoned off street outside The Goring Hotel.  Unless they all descended in the evening, I don't buy these numbers either.

Diana, Zac, Jemima, Ben and Sir James Goldsmith    

benign
Duchess

« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2012, 05:38:31 pm »

Prince William binned a wedding guest list of 777 names so he could invite his friends to the party
The Duke of Cambridge also told how he only got half an hour's sleep the night before the ceremony at Westminster Abbey because he was so nervous.
Speaking about the crowds camped outside Clarence House on the night before his wedding to Kate Middleton, he said: 'They were singing and cheering all night long, so the excitement of that, the nervousness of me and everyone singing - I slept for about half an hour.'
Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2147896/Prince-William-binned-wedding-guest-list-777-names-invite-friends-party.html#ixzz1vZIXs94w
nahhh HM didnt care at all or even bothered to go over the list with PW...the only thing HM bothered to do was to approve the marriage a week or so before the wedding...
Yooper
Princess

« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2012, 06:17:06 pm »

I do believe that he slept for about a half an hour.  On top of his getaway suitcase.

\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\"  Thomas Jefferson
Leila
Countess

« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2012, 06:18:07 pm »

laugh awww
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #10 on: May 22, 2012, 06:35:51 pm »

nahhh HM didnt care at all or even bothered to go over the list with PW...the only thing HM bothered to do was to approve the marriage a week or so before the wedding...

One thing I don't get is why on earth he made the taxpayers pay for what turned into his own glorification and a Middleton sideshow. Pippa got more coverage post-wedding and the of course, pretty much no different than any celebrity wedding. Add in the horrifying faux pas by Victoria beckham (wearing black) and then a wide variety of other messes, we are looking at all the funds spent by the RF and it brought no benefit. I am sure that a lot of important people were snubbed because of this brain dead duo.

Yooper
Princess

« Reply #11 on: May 22, 2012, 06:55:30 pm »

Good grief, the wedding planning was a Chinese fire drill from the get-go.  I lost count of how many 'adjustments' were made.

It's indicative of two things, tho.  One, that nobody really had any committed agenda to making it wonderful and, two, it showed how horrible PW/WK are at working together on anything.

Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #12 on: May 22, 2012, 08:57:08 pm »

I think the whole thing shows how breakneck William goes through life and how Kater-tots and William-bread bring out the chaotic in each other.

I wonder if someone is going to release the names of those kicked out; that will certainly raise a rumpus and end up triggering a lot of ill-feeling. I do know that the Romanovs were not there and there were the usual royals from the usual places, but nothing really unique or interesting. Just the same old with a handful of vulgar entertainers wearing all the wrong things. WIlliam should have been given free reign and the public would have had a clear idea as to the future with these two.

Throwing out over seven hundred in favor of friends is not at all going to end up really helipng the RF if the RF is ever in need of help.

Yooper
Princess

« Reply #13 on: May 23, 2012, 06:45:35 am »

^Boy, is that a good point that I missed.  If it gets out who he discarded, it could backfire.  What a dope.   eating cookies

Snokitty
Princess

« Reply #14 on: May 23, 2012, 07:08:04 am »

You never know a lot of those people may be glad they got dropped from the list. Not everyone likes to see a train wreck happening and this marriage looks like a train wreck getting ready to happen.  NOwhy
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #15 on: May 23, 2012, 08:16:00 pm »

^Boy, is that a good point that I missed.  If it gets out who he discarded, it could backfire.  What a dope.   eating cookies

I look forward to the day that it is released. It'll end up becoming the biggest show of the Windsors slapping these peopel in the face and the worst thing is, that it will be made public, very public and these people will be publicly humiliated.

know a lot of those people may be glad they got dropped from the list

Good point, but the gesture should have been made towards them and it will be embarrassing.

Nighthawk
Princess

« Reply #16 on: May 24, 2012, 04:38:46 pm »

king out of the 777 that were on that list was no great loss since this is the first I've heard that's been reported on it.  So in the eyes of the 777 that were left out No Big Deal to them IMO  eating cookies
rogue
Duchess

« Reply #17 on: May 24, 2012, 05:49:14 pm »

I think ken livingstone ( correct me if i'm wrong) declined because the service would be too long  dontknow i remember seeing empty chairs  and  thought they could have had easily put Blair and Brown there.These family only does things when it suits them.
memyselfandroyals
Countess

Good and bad things return

« Reply #18 on: May 24, 2012, 08:31:07 pm »

no comments

All my comments/posts are only assumptions, thoughts and belifs. I don't make affirmations about facts i don't know about.

Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #19 on: May 24, 2012, 09:28:26 pm »

I think ken livingstone ( correct me if i'm wrong) declined because the service would be too long  dontknow i remember seeing empty chairs  and  thought they could have had easily put Blair and Brown there.These family only does things when it suits them.

I did notice the small rows of seats that were empty; it is possible that peopel accepted and then declined to tell the Windsors or many didnt' RSVP. It wouldn't surprise me at all and it was startling to see. Anyway, if any heads of state or dignitaries ended up getting snubbed, even if they are no longer in office, ti is an insult to the country anyway.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: