Royal Gossip
April 20, 2019, 06:03:27 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Dinner hosted by Prince Charles at Buck Palace - 18 May  (Read 10047 times)
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« on: May 18, 2012, 07:07:51 pm »

Please post here all the news related to that event.

“Three things are to be looked to in a building: that it stand on the right spot, that it be securely founded, that it be successfully executed.” ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2012, 10:10:11 pm »

http://www.gettyimages.co.uk/Search/Search.aspx?EventId=144887855&EditorialProduct=Royalty

“Three things are to be looked to in a building: that it stand on the right spot, that it be securely founded, that it be successfully executed.” ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
HC
Countess

« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2012, 10:19:49 pm »

Thanks  easter-bunny

QMII is wearing a marine blue dress with a white top, that looks ... not really good. She wore it at Princess Alexandra of Berleburgs wedding also.

Q Anne-Marie wore really nice rubies and a flower dress that I've seen before.

I liked Q Silvias marine blue top.
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2012, 10:21:23 pm »

I like this outfit http://www.gettyimages.co.uk/detail/news-photo/princess-srirasm-of-thailand-attends-a-dinner-for-foreign-news-photo/144744080

in general I think that most people looked awful

Yooper
Princess

« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2012, 10:27:07 pm »

I really appreciate that Charlene knows how to exit a vehicle and find her pink dress simply lovely.

But, something just occurred to me when I was looking at Charlene's blue suit earlier and now the pink flowy number vs Wasty.  There's always this hubub about all of WK's outfits selling out in seconds after she's photographed.  That may be true, but, I appreciate the fact that, for me, Charlene's clothing is her style and hers alone and fitting for a princess.  It should be slightly out of reach for the mainstream to enable the regal-ness to be in place.  The timeless style of both the suit and the dress can be seen elsewhere, but when she's wearing it, it becomes hers and hers alone. 

Gosh, I hope this makes sense because it was a real eye-opener for me.  In essence, Kate Middleton wear is Average Jane Wear and degrades her role.  Make sense?

The same holds true for a majority of the pictures at this dinner.  They reflect the style and tailoring for each woman. 

\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\"  Thomas Jefferson
Mooster
Duchess

"William, stop worrying...the paps wouldn't dare!"

« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2012, 10:43:19 pm »

Princess Charlene is very pretty, she has fine sculptured features and looks very regal.  thumbsup

Diana, Zac, Jemima, Ben and Sir James Goldsmith    

benign
Duchess

« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2012, 10:44:02 pm »

http://www.gettyimages.co.uk/detail/news-photo/princess-charlene-of-monaco-attends-a-dinner-for-foreign-news-photo/144743658
- love Charlene's overall look...the dress, the hair, jewelry so 1920s just love it and it suits her  loveshower...something is wrong with Charlene and dont think its Albert this time...
« Last Edit: May 18, 2012, 10:51:08 pm by benign » Logged
serene grace
Princess

Appointed Moderator

« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2012, 10:47:47 pm »

Charlene looks amazing.

I really appreciate that Charlene knows how to exit a vehicle and find her pink dress simply lovely.

But, something just occurred to me when I was looking at Charlene's blue suit earlier and now the pink flowy number vs Wasty.  There's always this hubub about all of WK's outfits selling out in seconds after she's photographed.  That may be true, but, I appreciate the fact that, for me, Charlene's clothing is her style and hers alone and fitting for a princess.  It should be slightly out of reach for the mainstream to enable the regal-ness to be in place.  The timeless style of both the suit and the dress can be seen elsewhere, but when she's wearing it, it becomes hers and hers alone. 

Gosh, I hope this makes sense because it was a real eye-opener for me.  In essence, Kate Middleton wear is Average Jane Wear and degrades her role.  Make sense?

The same holds true for a majority of the pictures at this dinner.  They reflect the style and tailoring for each woman. 
That's how I've always felt about Kate's clothing, they are too pedestrian for my taste as far as being a Royal wife on the world stage. I'm not saying she has to dazzle every outing with couture, but everything Kate wears usually looks like something  that can be bought in a department store.

That is why when the best dress lists went up and Charlene was on it, I felt  she deserved it, because she does dress very well usually and even if I sometimes don't like an outfit here and there, her clothes always look extremely well made, extremely well tailored and her clothes look more exclusive, but I think the Palace wants Kate to appear to be the somewhat Middleclass girl still.
 I think Kate dresses adequately but she always reminds me of the receptionist in a business office when I see her clothes.

But.....I think Pr.William wants the Berkshire lass he brought home. He likes her to dress the way she does. If Kate started doing Courture, then William would eventually be turned off. I think that''s why she won't give her hair a bit more sleek sophistication, it would turn William off.

[/URL]
Leila
Countess

« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2012, 10:51:29 pm »

I agree. I think the whole day has been a let-down.
YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #9 on: May 18, 2012, 10:52:15 pm »

I loved the outfit of Morocco's princess Lalla Meryem : the kaftan look exquisite with the fine embroidery and the jewels: diamond studded belt (it's the real deal gal's not just Swarovsky strass) necklace and earrings are  flirt) oh and look at the shoes!

http://cache4.asset-cache.net/xc/144743970-princess-lalla-meryem-of-morocco-attends-a-gettyimages.jpg?v=1&c=IWSAsset&k=2&d=77BFBA49EF8789215AB089EE596C65888330E615FAFDEC5524101FF314D86F24291EFCA137A7E482

http://cache2.asset-cache.net/xc/144743972-princess-lalla-meryem-of-morocco-attends-a-gettyimages.jpg?v=1&c=IWSAsset&k=2&d=77BFBA49EF8789215AB089EE596C6588EB406AC152AD30A024101FF314D86F243B33EECFC6C163F3

http://cache1.asset-cache.net/xc/144743971-princess-lalla-meryem-of-morocco-attends-a-gettyimages.jpg?v=1&c=IWSAsset&k=2&d=77BFBA49EF8789215AB089EE596C6588D955ECBD2A81D85724101FF314D86F24F0EFC543A737439F

\\\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\\\"  Thomas Jefferson
serene grace
Princess

Appointed Moderator

« Reply #10 on: May 18, 2012, 10:54:18 pm »

Gorgeous.  thumbsup

[/URL]
Yooper
Princess

« Reply #11 on: May 18, 2012, 10:57:19 pm »

^The caftan is absolutely magnificent.

^^^@SG - This should probably be over in the WK fashion thread, but I don't want to lose this train of thought (kinda busy in my world right now).  Kill me later, Mods.  

SG, you're right.  She's chosen the pedestrian route to undoubtedly please PW because she should be able to dress with a lot more panache than she does now and would probably be received much better and with more respect, so in essence she's being 'managed' badly.  At the event today she could have been anybody's 'right hand' person.  I can see that now.  Her dress was, in retrospect, borderline secretary, woolen, EA, or downright housewife - boss - for - dinner wear. It took seeing Charlene for me to finally get it.  She dressed for her position and did it again at tonight's event.  It's regal, polished and slightly out of reach and definitely reflects her style and hers alone.  As it should be.

You dress for the job you want, right?  Huge fashion Rule.  However, there is the issue of whether or not you possess style.  Charlene, Jackie O, PD, they could all be wearing blue jeans and a white shirt and still be a knockout, so part of her problem is just the fact that she's so underdeveloped.  Interesting.

\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\"  Thomas Jefferson
Leila
Countess

« Reply #12 on: May 18, 2012, 11:08:16 pm »

First those shoes, now this: http://i46.tinypic.com/rh5rx5.jpg  easter-lol at least she's not boring.  Cool

WK would look ridiculous in couture or polished clothes. She simply lacks the personality and sophistication to actually wear those type of clothes.
Besides, her real problem isn't wearing the wrong clothes, it's that the position she's in is far too big for her.
Yooper
Princess

« Reply #13 on: May 18, 2012, 11:16:10 pm »

^Yeah, that's some giddyup, but I'll bet that choker could pay for any one of us to not have to work for the rest of our lives, so who's laughing at whom?

serene grace
Princess

Appointed Moderator

« Reply #14 on: May 18, 2012, 11:18:22 pm »

I read somewhere years ago that Pr.William thought Princess  Caroline's daughter, Charlotte of Monaco was stunning, but he would NEVER pursue her romantically because she's too sophisticated for him. She would scare him. OK I'll take this to the PW random chat thread....but I think Kate is William's taste at this time in his life.

[/URL]
giamodel60
Countess

« Reply #15 on: May 19, 2012, 01:51:35 am »

I agree about Kate.

A friend who wore gucci, prada etc. in high school when everyone else was in banana republic gap etc. even the really wealthy kids... said she wants a princess who has an elevated style... why be a princess if you are going to wear something that doesn't bring the room up.

If you don't Beleive what I write don't read it. . Please ignore and move on , I'd rather not explain myself to you 100 times !
Yooper
Princess

« Reply #16 on: May 19, 2012, 04:33:31 am »

Yeah, we're this close to be yelled at, but either be a princess or get me a cup of coffee.  Make up your mind, Kate.

Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #17 on: May 19, 2012, 04:51:46 am »

I agree. I think the whole day has been a let-down.

Very anti-climactic; there were the same royals they see all the time and the same faces and the same general outfits. There wasn't at all a huge parade of royals from around the world; no dethroned families like the Romanovs or the Hohenzollerns arriving en masse and no Indian princes and not too many Middle Eastern royalties and not too many who would make it really interesting. No real snazzy stylish outifts and no major jewels. Same with this dinner.

As for Kate, I wodner how she feels not being at the dinner, but being at the lunch.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
Yooper
Princess

« Reply #18 on: May 19, 2012, 04:59:37 am »

Let's settle with 'reserved'.  This has HM's fingerprints all over it and I'm sure she made it clear to keep it low-key.  She is, I believe, ever-mindful of the prevailing politics and, actually, it was a smart move.  There will be many other events that may or may not be criticized for being over-budgety.

YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #19 on: May 19, 2012, 11:50:45 pm »

yup I agree
she kept it simple and probably told her guests to do the same in this economic climate
which doesn't bother the 'oil royals' like Brunei or the Emirates that much really but I guess they didn't want to offend their host by bringing out the big gun's.
smart move of HM but for a royal watcher the lack of bling is a bit of a let-down. sob

\\\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\\\"  Thomas Jefferson
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: