Royal Gossip
October 21, 2018, 10:48:07 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Mette Maritt: The Wannabe Socialite  (Read 72461 times)
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #220 on: June 13, 2014, 10:20:33 pm »

I cannot imagine how Haakon has to be feeling deep down; wifey is acting like a spoiled royal socialite and after all he did for her.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
cate1949
Princess

« Reply #221 on: June 14, 2014, 03:26:46 am »

I do appreciate the "after all he did for her" thing but at some point - I'm sure she gets tired of having to be grateful for all he did for her.

I can't warm up to her - he seems very nice and certainly a good father - she does seem like she wants to be a socialite.
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #222 on: June 14, 2014, 03:38:59 am »

She has nerve acting like she is entitled to all of this; she isn't and if not for Haakon she would still be waitressing.

She might not have to be grateful anymore, but she should be hardworking.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
Fly on the wall
Princess

Lady of Threads

« Reply #223 on: June 15, 2014, 02:07:17 pm »

Crown Princess Mette-Marit  attended the amfAR Inspiration Gala New York 2014 at The Plaza Hotel in New York City.
http://www.newmyroyals.com/2014/06/crown-princess-mette-marit-in-new-york.html

NEVER *despise* correction,for those who correct you ,truly LOVE you .They are willing to displease you and possibly lose your friendship ,rather than see you destroyed. Those who *despise* you ,on the other hand ,will allow you to FAIL...because what do they care ?

Every praise is not good and every criticism is not evil..!
Countess of Holland
Duchess

« Reply #224 on: June 15, 2014, 02:12:20 pm »

So she couldn't be bothered to be present at the commemoration of 200 years Norwegian Constitution, but the chance of smooching with SJP she will not miss.

If MM is the reason why Kuei Fei feels that royal women should focus on their own country and not jet-set around the globe, I agree with her. Luckily not all royal women are as daft as MM.
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #225 on: June 17, 2014, 04:16:21 am »

That's exactly it; she's just letting herself be used for cachet, not because she's actually EARNING these things or pretty much of such stature that she is someone on par of Mandela or perhaps even Princess Diana. She's treating Norway as if she's above all of them, better, when she was just another member of the underclass, a pretty drugged up shiftless one who apparently didn't think of university until AFTER marriage.

beline
courtier

« Reply #226 on: August 06, 2014, 04:54:24 pm »

Mette-Marit is on holiday in Portofino, Sardinia with her friend Franca Sozzani (director of the Italian Vogue)

http://www.newmyroyals.com/2014/08/crown-princess-mette-marit.html

No husband and no kids with her. And her agenda for the next months is nearly empty.
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #227 on: August 06, 2014, 05:30:42 pm »

This could very well be it; alone on holiday, oftne enough, but an empty agenda? Sounds like someone is on her way OUT!

Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #228 on: August 06, 2014, 06:39:38 pm »

oooh

“Three things are to be looked to in a building: that it stand on the right spot, that it be securely founded, that it be successfully executed.” ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
CarryingOn
Duchess

http://media.tumblr.com/6fa12932f6e3affcfb7d37c57f

« Reply #229 on: August 06, 2014, 07:13:14 pm »

I do appreciate the "after all he did for her" thing but at some point - I'm sure she gets tired of having to be grateful for all he did for her.

I can't warm up to her - he seems very nice and certainly a good father - she does seem like she wants to be a socialite.

Then she should've made her own way in life and I'm really not trying to be argumentative when I say that, it's just a fact of life. We've all heard the statement 'Nothing in life is for free' (and I pity those that haven't but if they're reading this, now they have). You can't do with other people's money, material possessions, and good will, what you want, with no rules, regulations, and reciprocity. Life just doesn't work that way.
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #230 on: August 07, 2014, 05:08:05 pm »

It's a matter of 'levels' in life.

To Mette, the NY/Hollywood scene and London jet set is upper class; she doesn't know better and since she's been a member of the underclass, to some at that point, she is someone who got married to a bona-fide prince, but ended up viewing 'princessing' like her job as a waitress (greeting people, smiling at people she would prefer not to, being conscious of making the guest comfortable, wearing a 'uniform') and decided she was entitled to a little 'fun' and ran around like a socialite.

So now Mette is facing consequences, since she can't pull the 'innocent waitress hated by the bad Royal Court' and can't run to Haakon (who knows about her adultery) and so she's now officially up a creek. She won't be left to starve, but will indeed face a huge drop in prestige and standing her in society. Being the mother of a future Queen won't mean anything to her jet set 'friends' and she's going to face a huge backlash like no other among the people of Norway who trusted her.

Countess of Holland
Duchess

« Reply #231 on: August 08, 2014, 01:22:38 pm »

The official engagements of Mette Marit for the coming weeks/ months:

http://www.royalcourt.no/program.html?tid=28647&sek=28554&person=26917

This woman is giving Kate a run for her money when deciding who is the laziest of them all.
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #232 on: August 08, 2014, 03:51:13 pm »

^ Never understood the fans. Without mentioning the past, she was viewed as a hard worker but in reality she doesn't do anything. And she is not very down to earth if her friends are Marie Chantal and Gwyneth P..

“Three things are to be looked to in a building: that it stand on the right spot, that it be securely founded, that it be successfully executed.” ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
berlin
Countess

« Reply #233 on: August 09, 2014, 09:30:14 pm »

Mette-Marit is on holiday in Portofino, Sardinia with her friend Franca Sozzani (director of the Italian Vogue)

http://www.newmyroyals.com/2014/08/crown-princess-mette-marit.html

No husband and no kids with her. And her agenda for the next months is nearly empty.

I wonder if this Franca lady will be MM's sugar mama if there is a divorce. I can see MM pulliing some lesbian angle to get some sort of sympathy and international press. Oh Hawkon what have you done.
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #234 on: August 09, 2014, 09:36:25 pm »

Doubt it; Mette is where she is because she is CP; if she becomes Mette-Marit, ex-CP, she will end up ignored by all her poshy friends. Apparently Norwegian law forbids the creation of new titles and new much of anything. The NRF is not rich and not powerful, so she won't likely be living it up in a huge mansion or a huge palace.

If she ended up on welfare, that would be the biggest fall in the history of social status; you would have thought that she would behave if only for her son's sake and ensure that he lives a life loaded with opportunity. Marius won't be left to starve, but he will be cut off from a lot of the life he's known for a decade.

Fly on the wall
Princess

Lady of Threads

« Reply #235 on: August 10, 2014, 07:49:23 pm »

Look whos chilling with crown prince haakon crown princess mette maritt and family

http://royaltyandmorebysissi.tumblr.com/post/94356566070/on-jacobis-ig
http://royaltyandmorebysissi.tumblr.com/post/94356507730/on-jacobis-ig

Jacobi Anstruther-Gough-Calthorpe and his GF
« Last Edit: August 10, 2014, 07:56:50 pm by Fly on the wall » Logged

NEVER *despise* correction,for those who correct you ,truly LOVE you .They are willing to displease you and possibly lose your friendship ,rather than see you destroyed. Those who *despise* you ,on the other hand ,will allow you to FAIL...because what do they care ?

Every praise is not good and every criticism is not evil..!
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #236 on: August 10, 2014, 08:08:25 pm »

LOL

Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #237 on: August 21, 2014, 08:18:51 pm »

I realize that there were no gun salutes for Mette for her birthday and she's being slowly stripped of her duties.

So, if Haakon is indeed going to be a single man soon, what shall we call the reality dating show that will be held so all the heartsore lovelies can have a chance?

Heart to Heart With Haakon?
Help Haakon Heal?

berlin
Countess

« Reply #238 on: August 22, 2014, 12:11:51 am »

I don't have respect or Haakon.  A liberal, bleeding heart, know-it-all. Not to mention the woman he chose. But I do think h's cute.
cate1949
Princess

« Reply #239 on: August 22, 2014, 02:13:54 am »

she really doesn't get it but she sure does get away with it - hanging with fashionistas - Gwyneth - little work - in NYC every time you look - if ever someone needed smartening up it is MM.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: