Royal Gossip
August 16, 2017, 06:28:53 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 14   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Mette Maritt: The Wannabe Socialite  (Read 58671 times)
HC
Countess

« Reply #20 on: May 14, 2012, 07:56:26 pm »

Here is an article though not a norwegien but a danish article about Mette Marit

It is especially Crown Princess Mette-Marit's lack of academic background, that are giving the well-read Norwegians problems now that the royal couple after the wedding has brought a far more royal lifestyle - or as a source wishing to remain anonymous, says: "Now they have become 30 both, and they are becoming adults. "

The choice of café waitress Mette-Marit Tjessem Høiby as life companion was not the young crown prince's first break with the royal family proud traditions. Already several years before he met Mette-Marit, he'd wreck Balliol, who is reputed to be the most intellectual of Oxford University's colleges. ...Shortly after his return from America he met Mette-Marit, and again contrary to the tradition and the unwritten rules, they moved together in an apartment with her then three year old son Marius. The decision fell many royal Norwegians in the chest. When Mette-Marit's former partner was threatening to publish incriminating photos from her past, flared crisis really up, but she repelled by even talking about his very festive lifestyle and add that she was sorry. The royal family reversing her up throughout.

King Harald is the most popular of the royal family living members. Norwegians consider him to have a high credibility, and his acceptance of Mette-Marit as daughter in law was greatly helps to get them to swallow the camel.

"It is the crown prince's choice," he said repeatedly.

http://translate.google.dk/translate?sl=da&tl=en&js=n&prev=_t&hl=da&ie=UTF-8&layout=2&eotf=1&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.b.dk%2Fverden%2Fnorges-kongehus-i-fremgang&act=url
HC
Countess

« Reply #21 on: May 14, 2012, 08:06:12 pm »

Here is another fashion event for Mette Marit. She certainly is not suffering from anorexia  tehe

Tuesday evening was the Crown Princess Mette-Marit (38) honorary guest when the Norwegian designer Nina Skarra (40) was launched in New York. Present was also 15 years old Isabelle Fuhrman, which does generate success in the role of Clove in the epic 'The Hunger Games. "

You look like a princess! exclaimed Mette-Marit when she saw the 15-tear old Isabella.

http://translate.google.dk/translate?sl=da&tl=en&js=n&prev=_t&hl=da&ie=UTF-8&layout=2&eotf=1&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.seher.no%2F895338%2Fmette-marit-paa-fest-i-new-york&act=url
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #22 on: May 14, 2012, 08:15:13 pm »

She looks pregnant.

Could you find articles about their lives after the wedding? I read somewhere that she & Haakon stayed in one apartment in London and the child in other with a nanny.

“Three things are to be looked to in a building: that it stand on the right spot, that it be securely founded, that it be successfully executed.” ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Annabel
royal watcher

« Reply #23 on: May 14, 2012, 09:56:34 pm »

When I first started coming to Norway, people at dinner parties I attended, discussed how terrible she was to represent their Country of Norway as their future possible Queen. Most people I met did not like her at all, they felt she made Norway look bad and this negative opinion was still strong just after the wedding when I visited Norway again, but I have noticed a marked difference now. Her press is very positive, she is applauded as a good mother, growing as a Royal and turning her life around. I find it really shocking because 10 years ago her press was extremely negative and no one I met in Norway liked her or felt she was proper choice , now that opinion seems to have disappeared(she must have really good press people behind her or she has really improved, I'm not sure which is true?)

My husbands nephew worked at a Royal event in Norway where he had to make sure Mette Marit was in the proper place and position in the venue at certain times during the evenning . He said Metter Marit was a complete and total SNOB, not nice or good natured at all, she seemed "very hard "he said. He believes that she knew exactly what she was doing when she got lucky enough to make contact with the Prince years ago. My husband's nephew thinks she knew how to play damsel in distress and the Prince fell for it.

That's an interesting story, thanks for sharing! I heard similar things (that she's not nice) before.

I must say that I'm quite disappointed in Mette Marit and the Norwegian Royal family is actually one of my favorites...

HC
Countess

« Reply #24 on: May 15, 2012, 08:40:57 pm »

Here is a picture of Mette Marit where she looks great.

Her hair is not bleached and her jar is not oversize.

The article is about her father divorcing a stripper.
http://www.bt.dk/royale/mette-marits-far-skal-skilles
berlin
Countess

« Reply #25 on: May 16, 2012, 07:36:38 am »

This one takes the cake 

Mette-Marit's spiritual luxury shamballa bracelet for 53 350 kroner
http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=no&u=http://www.kjendis.no/2012/01/06/kjendis/mote/kronprinsesse_mette-marit/jay-z/justin_bieber/19657733/&ei=aUmzT4j5GaaA2wWcnp3qCA&sa=X&oi=translate&ct=result&resnum=10&ved=0CHMQ7gEwCQ&prev=/search%3Fq%3Dmette%2Bmarit%2Bshamballa%2Bbracelet%26hl%3Den%26client%3Dsafari%26rls%3Den%26biw%3D1280%26bih%3D620%26prmd%3Dimvns
YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #26 on: May 16, 2012, 11:37:25 am »

Wait you mean she spend approx 8,800$/7,000€/£5,500 on that flimsy little silver ball with a red chord?! Shocked
Gosh rich ppl are weird!
That's about the price I paid for my first car! blink

A small flashy-green Chevy Matiz (it was a one year old showroom model so I got a good price)
Ah I loved that little yank with gear, great car for learning how to drive (I gave a few extra bumps and scratches along the way  legs)
I now drive the follow up type: a red Spark thumbsup

\\\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\\\"  Thomas Jefferson
rogue
Duchess

« Reply #27 on: May 16, 2012, 12:59:14 pm »

I love when rich people buy expensive ''spiritual'' trinklets  , i bet the real ones come in a much cheaper price.
Kuei Fei
Princess

Moderator/I'm so royal I piss blue

« Reply #28 on: May 16, 2012, 06:29:06 pm »

Wait you mean she spend approx 8,800$/7,000€/£5,500 on that flimsy little silver ball with a red chord?!
Gosh rich ppl are weird!
That's about the price I paid for my first car!

Just think, she ddoesn't even come from a monied background, but can't wait to spent it on insanely silly things and second, these are the expensive tastes that the taxpayers (and Haakon) are going to have to support for the rest of her natural life.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
berlin
Countess

« Reply #29 on: May 16, 2012, 07:29:29 pm »

It's sad that she's just as confused in her spiritual life.  One minute she's into church psalms, the next is the useless Shimballa bracelet.  Make up your mind who you're going to follow already.  I also think, even with all the material possessions she has gain, she's searching for something deeper that hasn't been met yet.  It's quite sad.  She's all over the place.
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #30 on: May 16, 2012, 09:43:23 pm »

She's all over the place.

Just like she was when she was single and a mother; she wasn't going in any direction and she didn't in any way have it together. She was a waitress (perfectly respectable and honorable job) and picking strawberries in the summer to make a living. At her age, she was still drifting and not really at a point in her life where she was on par with a man like Haakon. Now she has funds, but she is still drifting like an aimless socialite; the only difference about her now is thet fact that she has funds to support her.

Seeing things the way I do, she si really no different than Kate, who has a title, but is still aimless and drifting. The only difference between Kate and MM, is that Mette had a kid out of wedlock and she had a druggie past. Kate didn't have a kid, but she was still drifting. Now both women have titles and yet, they haven't morphed into the Consorts that their subjects need to represent them well on the world stage.

Another thing they have in common is how the rest of the RFs that don't have disreputable consorts haven't received them. Kate has not been to Japan and she has not at all been to the Middle East nations and she has not at all (like Mette) really done anything beyond celebrity galas.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
Annabel
royal watcher

« Reply #31 on: May 17, 2012, 12:21:56 pm »

^ Hasn't Mette been to Africa to support UNAIDS (I at least remember an interview in which she told she had been to Africa - it really is a mystery how her fear of flying is coming and going  huh).

You know, I don't mind her drifting as young woman. It surely isn't the best quality for a future princess, but I can't blame her as I have been drifting in my early twenties for a long time as well. I had serious problems and her drug past may be an indicator that she had some serious problems too. Or maybe not, maybe she was just a careless fool...

What I do believe is that she was, like a few other commoners who married into rich families, overwhelmed by all the glitz, luxury and money. She had a lot of luck, but instead of giving something back, working hard and doing useful things with her position, she feels so secure now that she's becoming lazy and self-absorbed IMO.  thumbsdown

TBH, that's why I prefer royals marrying royals/aristos - it may not always be the case (black sheep are everywhere), but most of them are used to the lifestyle and know what will be expected.

HC
Countess

« Reply #32 on: May 17, 2012, 03:56:50 pm »

I have been trying to find out more about Mette Marit. But there really isn't that much. She never got any academic degree. The patronages are not controversial but very safe.

During 2002 and 2003, the Princess undertook development studies at the School of Oriental and African Studies at the University of London, apparently without graduating. She was also accepted as an intern at NORAD, the Norwegian government's development organization. Mette-Marit is attending lectures at the faculties of arts and social sciences at the University of Oslo.[citation needed]

The Crown Princess is a UNAIDS Special Representative and visited Geneva to learn more about the organization and Malawi because of this post. In 2007 the Crown Princess extended her commitment as a UNAIDS Special Representative for another two years.[11] The Crown Princess and her husband attended the International AIDS Conference in Toronto in August 2006 as part of this role, serving as Jury member to the UNAIDS family-led Red Ribbon Award.[12]

Along with UNAIDS, the Crown Princess is president of various other organisations. They are The Norwegian Scouting Association, the Amandus Film Festival, Kristiansand's International Children's Film Festival, Risor Festival of Chamber Music, FOKUS Forum for Women and Development Questions, Norwegian Design Council, Red Cross Norway, The Norwegian Council for Mental Health, the Full Rigged Ship Sorlandet, and the Oslo International Church Music Festival.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mette-Marit,_Crown_Princess_of_Norway
serene grace
Princess

Appointed Moderator

« Reply #33 on: May 17, 2012, 06:16:17 pm »

I saw Crown Prince Haakon,Crown Princess Mette Marit ,the children and the King on the balcony today at the Royal Palace in Oslo Norway.
It's been quite a wonderful May 17 in Norway with all the citizens celebrating their National Day (Constitutional Day) with  colorful parades, people in tradition Norwegian constume and seeing the Royal Family come out on the balcony of the Palace.

http://news.daylife.com/photo/0eTa5xN38z0zR?__site=daylife&q=Norway
« Last Edit: May 17, 2012, 06:17:59 pm by serene grace » Logged

[/URL]
YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #34 on: May 17, 2012, 06:37:54 pm »

Wait you're in Norway? I thought you were in Sweden? huh

\\\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\\\"  Thomas Jefferson
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #35 on: May 17, 2012, 06:57:10 pm »

You know, I don't mind her drifting as young woman. It surely isn't the best quality for a future princess, but I can't blame her as I have been drifting in my early twenties for a long time as well. I had serious problems and her drug past may be an indicator that she had some serious problems too. Or maybe not, maybe she was just a careless fool...

Nothing wrong with drifting and going about your business if in fact, you have a few things in your life sorted out. The difference is that even though you had problems in your life (don't we all and frankly put, I've had more than what I think is my fiar share), you haven't done hard core drugs and hung out with a set of people who are apparently into that as well. When someone turns to drug, it usually means that there is something they are REFUSING to face.

She had a lot of luck, but instead of giving something back, working hard and doing useful things with her position, she feels so secure now that she's becoming lazy and self-absorbed IMO.

She's behaving like all of this is in her own right, she acts as if she does not owe anyone anything.

TBH, that's why I prefer royals marrying royals/aristos - it may not always be the case (black sheep are everywhere), but most of them are used to the lifestyle and know what will be expected.

Same here; they are also usually past the time in life when living the glitsy style enthralls them. They have it all out of their system and still, even when partying, do something constructive with their time and connections. Few really get as involved in the celebrity scene and act like this. I find it ironice that royalists support monarchy at all costs, but the princes are marrying women that politicians and heads of state wouldn't dare marry.

serene grace
Princess

Appointed Moderator

« Reply #36 on: May 17, 2012, 06:59:00 pm »

I've been in Norway for a few months? I saw Charles and Camilla when they arrived in Oslo, whenever that was, it seems like such a long time ago now, for me. Today it was great seeing the Norwegian Royals on the Balcony.

I have visited a few countries around Norway,since I've been here, which has been very nice too.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2012, 07:10:32 pm by serene grace » Logged

[/URL]
YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #37 on: May 17, 2012, 07:06:40 pm »

Oh right it seems I got my Scandinavians mixed up then tehe
What exactly is it you doin the north countries?
I vaguely remember you having a job in...PR I think??  dontknow

Regarding your visit to the low lands: what did you like best?

serene grace
Princess

Appointed Moderator

« Reply #38 on: May 17, 2012, 07:12:16 pm »

My husband is Norwegian and has business here so we come each year, but this year we had to stay for a few months, usually it's just two weeks.

[/URL]
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #39 on: May 17, 2012, 08:02:21 pm »

SG you can't leave us here without details!  flirt Did you see them well? What did you think about them?  flower

“Three things are to be looked to in a building: that it stand on the right spot, that it be securely founded, that it be successfully executed.” ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 14   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: