Royal Gossip
April 25, 2019, 09:29:55 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 ... 15   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Mette Maritt: The Wannabe Socialite  (Read 77124 times)
buflesse
Duchess

« Reply #140 on: April 11, 2013, 07:40:19 pm »

Mette-Marit’s role stirs new debate

By embracing a jet-set lifestyle and fondness for the luxury it offers, Norway’s Crown Princess Mette-Marit has shown how Norwegian society in general has become “nouveau riche” at the expense of long-held traditional values. So claims a sociologist and college instructor from Telemark, who was making waves this week for some rather sharp criticism of the former party girl and single mother who will be Norway’s next queen.

http://www.newsinenglish.no/2013/04/09/mette-marits-role-stirs-new-debate/

Great article!

Asked what else a princess should do, Johannesen responded that “in our modern, democratic society, a woman who has married into her position and is preoccupied with children, glamorous clothes and travels around Africa with a Prada handbag on her arm to perform charitable work isn’t a very interesting role model.”
  thumbsup
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #141 on: April 12, 2013, 12:53:09 am »

I don't think she spends all that much time with her children with all that traveling; so in my view that makes it worse. Her country is small and she could easily spend all her time in Norway and spend a lot of time in the nursery with her children and nurture them, but chooses not to.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #142 on: April 17, 2013, 10:26:33 pm »

what is she wearing!?!?!? http://www.newmyroyals.com/2013/04/crown-princess-mette-marit-attends-coop.html

same dress in Mary http://www.newmyroyals.com/2013/04/tate-visit-from-finland-to-denmark-day.html

“Three things are to be looked to in a building: that it stand on the right spot, that it be securely founded, that it be successfully executed.” ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Snokitty
Princess

« Reply #143 on: April 17, 2013, 10:31:23 pm »

It looks a lot better on Mary or maybe it is the different accessories.
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #144 on: April 17, 2013, 10:36:55 pm »

the tights and jacket MM is wearing don't help

“Three things are to be looked to in a building: that it stand on the right spot, that it be securely founded, that it be successfully executed.” ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #145 on: April 17, 2013, 10:41:04 pm »

look's like my kitchen window curtains turned into a dress  laugh thumbsdown

look's like something kate might wear..for a wedding.

\\\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\\\"  Thomas Jefferson
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #146 on: April 18, 2013, 03:54:04 am »

Princes really know how to pick 'em don't they?

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
HC
Countess

« Reply #147 on: April 18, 2013, 12:13:44 pm »

As I said in a different thread I didn't especially like the white dress on CP Mary. Later I've discovered that the dress is a Hennes & Mauritz. As we all know that is a very low prize designergroup. And in that light the dress actually looks a lot better in my eyes.
Now looking at the dress again on CP Mette Marit the dress just looks fabulous on CP Mary.  tehe
Snokitty
Princess

« Reply #148 on: April 19, 2013, 03:40:08 am »

http://www.newmyroyals.com/2013/04/crown-prince-haahkon-and-crown-princess.html

I just really do not care for her.   snob
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #149 on: April 19, 2013, 03:50:08 am »

The young people there are more educated than she is.

Snokitty
Princess

« Reply #150 on: May 28, 2013, 11:39:28 pm »

http://www.newmyroyals.com/2013/05/crown-princess-mette-marit-in-malaysia2.html
Snokitty
Princess

« Reply #151 on: May 29, 2013, 06:29:03 pm »

http://www.newmyroyals.com/2013/05/crown-princess-mette-marit-in-malaysia3.html
serene grace
Princess

Appointed Moderator

« Reply #152 on: June 01, 2013, 11:04:06 pm »

Pr. Haakon seems to be loved very much by the people of Norway from what I gather, but Mette Marit is growning on them, she is liked more now than in years past, but it's mostly out of politeness and being tolerated IMO.
There does seem to be a growing voice that she is becoming too into jetset life, that's the kiss of death for likability in Norway, which is a very wealthy Country but they don't like flash , they prefer vacations to their family country cottages on the fjords or mountains or if it's flashy don't show it.  This is a place where families vacation homes are 300 years old, seriously, I went to a party and most of the people had family vacation's homes for 100yrs or more. They are worth millions but not flashy and not jetsetting folk, Mette Marit should go back to being the waitress who made good, and do her non-flashy Countryside royal outings and drop the NY socialite flash trip she's been on lately, it's working AGAINST HER.

[/URL]
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #153 on: June 01, 2013, 11:10:01 pm »

I doubt she will change. She is loving the spiritual trips to India, the beauty trips to Austria and the fashion trips to NY. There must be more to other countries but that's the ones we know  bored3

Have you heard something about that trip Haakon and her plus kids did one year ago or so? That one was very strange. Since then I think not everything is ok in that couple.

serene grace
Princess

Appointed Moderator

« Reply #154 on: June 02, 2013, 12:28:52 am »

No I wasn't aware of the trip, but if I read or hear anything in the Norwegian press I'll say what I hear.

It's funny because the Norwegians are practically drooling over Maxima as new Queen, they can't say enough pleasantries about how she performed in her role as Princess and what a wonderful Queen she'll be.  With Mette Marit it's always a measure response or we are happy with her now, but .......yada yada yada, if they say something nice....

[/URL]
benign
Duchess

« Reply #155 on: June 02, 2013, 02:22:11 am »

^please do. They used to be so lovey covey but now, seems like they are trying.
Snokitty
Princess

« Reply #156 on: June 10, 2013, 11:59:45 pm »

http://www.newmyroyals.com/2013/06/new-stamps-for-crown-prince-haakon-and.html
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #157 on: June 12, 2013, 03:54:30 pm »

Mette stayed on Malaysia after the summit there instead of coming for the gala dinner previous to the wedding in Sweden.  wopedo

HC
Countess

« Reply #158 on: June 12, 2013, 04:33:47 pm »

She really has odd priorities.

I wonder how Haakon explained that to Madeleine.
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #159 on: June 12, 2013, 09:31:38 pm »

Maybe Haakon knows that Madeleine knows all about Mette's habits and laziness already, so there was no need for her to end up being told 'why.' This is a woman who wouldn't even attend the 'Heir's' summit and be there with her husband, along with a variety of landmark events where she should have been.

Amazing, he fought so hard for her, only to be treated like this.

Mette stayed on Malaysia after the summit there instead of coming for the gala dinner previous to the wedding in Sweden.  wopedo

Idiot; like she has any use there beyond showing up and acting as if she likes being around kids. She's never even around her own kids or her husband.

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 ... 15   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: