Royal Gossip
September 25, 2017, 02:28:21 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 14   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Mette Maritt: The Wannabe Socialite  (Read 60029 times)
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« on: May 12, 2012, 01:02:41 pm »

This woman gets on my nerves I have to confess but all the drama about her fear of flying and let's see who was this week on the Met gala? Yes she was.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-ioI6nPBpHyk/T6wDQ4tnxRI/AAAAAAAAD00/cvL9ovMEVc0/s1600/nor8.jpg

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-ioI6nPBpHyk/T6wDQ4tnxRI/AAAAAAAAD00/cvL9ovMEVc0/s1600/nor8.jpg

With an awful dress to boot.  wopedo

“Three things are to be looked to in a building: that it stand on the right spot, that it be securely founded, that it be successfully executed.” ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
anobserver
courtier

« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2012, 02:25:34 pm »

That is a hideous dress! I don't really know much about Mette Maritt, but I've definitely seen her in prettier gowns.
rogue
Duchess

« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2012, 03:17:39 pm »

I think she genuinly loves haakon and is a good mom but she enjoys the highlife too much .
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2012, 05:02:48 pm »

I don't know about her relationship with Haakon, imo they are doing separate lives. The trip last year was really strange.

“Three things are to be looked to in a building: that it stand on the right spot, that it be securely founded, that it be successfully executed.” ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Kuei Fei
Princess

Moderator/I'm so royal I piss blue

« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2012, 05:58:55 pm »

Why is she at an American event and not in Norway, you know, the country she is the future QUeen of? Couldn't she create her own events?

she enjoys the highlife too much .

Amazing how quickly she has acquired such expensive tastes despite being so 'down to earth' and is now leading a separate life from the man who married her against tremendous opposition. Now she is leading a separate life from the man who worked so hard to marry her and to who she owes so much? if not for his perseverence, she would be waitressing or picking strawberries, not wearing designer duds and then having kids who will inherit a throne? How much time does that woman spend with her kids?

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
Dita
courtier

« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2012, 07:24:51 pm »

I think she's going to make an awful Queen.  She doesn't seem to be supporting Haakon at all.  He seems to do all the work and then once in a while she'll show up.  Also, for someone who spends all her time hanging around designers and socialites and attending fashion shows, she can't dress for sh*t. (pardon the expression)
HC
Countess

« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2012, 08:07:19 pm »

Was there a reason for her to go to the met gala? Has she any connection to the met?

The Valentino dress is not really flattering. But she has other outfits that look nice. Even though I have to admit that I don't approve of her bleaching her hair. She has chosen a colour that looks .....

I have never heard that she and Haakon lived separate lives. They always look lovey dovey to the point of nausea.  ick
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2012, 08:20:45 pm »

It's my personal opinion based simply on a gut feeling so don't take it seriously but they seem kind of fake to me.

She doesn't have a connection to the Met that I know of, but Mette is friends with Rosario who is an insider in this world being friends with Paltrow and a muse of Valentino. I think it's the reason why she wears so much Valentino too.

serene grace
Princess

Appointed Moderator

« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2012, 09:24:36 pm »

She seems really popular in the Norwegian lite press(gossip press) Her image has done a turn around in the years I've been visiting Norway off and on. Most reports say she and Haakon are extremely happy, no problems between them and he adores her.

Many HATED her as his choice initially, but feel she has proven herself.

I don't like the Valentino dress she wore to the MET at all.  bored3

« Last Edit: May 12, 2012, 09:26:20 pm by serene grace » Logged

[/URL]
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #9 on: May 12, 2012, 10:02:03 pm »

Don't you think the norwegian is a 'bit' soft?

They didn't even criticised much their trip last year.

She doesn't seem to do much except going on meetings with the young global leaders and traveling around the world.

serene grace
Princess

Appointed Moderator

« Reply #10 on: May 12, 2012, 10:20:27 pm »

When I first started coming to Norway, people at dinner parties I attended, discussed how terrible she was to represent their Country of Norway as their future possible Queen. Most people I met did not like her at all, they felt she made Norway look bad and this negative opinion was still strong just after the wedding when I visited Norway again, but I have noticed a marked difference now. Her press is very positive, she is applauded as a good mother, growing as a Royal and turning her life around. I find it really shocking because 10 years ago her press was extremely negative and no one I met in Norway liked her or felt she was proper choice , now that opinion seems to have disappeared(she must have really good press people behind her or she has really improved, I'm not sure which is true?)

My husbands nephew worked at a Royal event in Norway where he had to make sure Mette Marit was in the proper place and position in the venue at certain times during the evenning . He said Metter Marit was a complete and total SNOB, not nice or good natured at all, she seemed "very hard "he said. He believes that she knew exactly what she was doing when she got lucky enough to make contact with the Prince years ago. My husband's nephew thinks she knew how to play damsel in distress and the Prince fell for it.

[/URL]
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #11 on: May 12, 2012, 10:25:42 pm »

^^  worship worship

I appreciate your post (well all of them!) you always seem to have inside info! Thank you for sharing  thankyou I can totally believe MM is a snob, her new friends seem to be always higher ups.

benign
Duchess

« Reply #12 on: May 12, 2012, 10:38:05 pm »

I don't know about her relationship with Haakon, imo they are doing separate lives. The trip last year was really strange.
it looks like it...I have noticed Haakon doing important things on his own a lot lately while MM is jetsetting all over the place....not surprised if they get divorce ..
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #13 on: May 13, 2012, 12:24:28 am »

When I first started coming to Norway, people at dinner parties I attended, discussed how terrible she was to represent their Country of Norway as their future possible Queen. Most people I met did not like her at all, they felt she made Norway look bad and this negative opinion was still strong just after the wedding when I visited Norway again, but I have noticed a marked difference now. Her press is very positive, she is applauded as a good mother, growing as a Royal and turning her life around. I find it really shocking because 10 years ago her press was extremely negative and no one I met in Norway liked her or felt she was proper choice , now that opinion seems to have disappeared(she must have really good press people behind her or she has really improved, I'm not sure which is true?)

Well, being married to the prince burnished her; same thing happened with Kate, one minute she was a joke and right after, lauded.

My husbands nephew worked at a Royal event in Norway where he had to make sure Mette Marit was in the proper place and position in the venue at certain times during the evenning . He said Metter Marit was a complete and total SNOB, not nice or good natured at all, she seemed "very hard "he said. He believes that she knew exactly what she was doing when she got lucky enough to make contact with the Prince years ago. My husband's nephew thinks she knew how to play damsel in distress and the Prince fell for it.

Go figure, eh? A lot of these women wiht her past, they are not delicate damsels, they are hardline cutthroat opportunists and they are not at all helpless or clueless. They also rarely get rid of the survival mechanism and usually carrry such baggage with them in regards to a new marriage or lifestyle; I know this because I had to grow up under such a woman (stepmother) and I was in therapy for years becuse of chronic anxiety/stress.

Mette is friends with Rosario who is an insider in this world being friends with Paltrow and a muse of Valentino. I think it's the reason why she wears so much Valentino too.

More interested in celebrity than Norway and her husband, why am I not surprised?

What is UP with her that she is mroe interested in being around celebs, jet setting, and there is something unbecoming that a Crown Princess is in fact practically begging celebrities to get her into events. Even Diana never sank that low.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
Sunny
royal watcher

« Reply #14 on: May 14, 2012, 12:12:46 am »

I've always felt that something was a little off about Mette. Everyone would always go on about how wonderful and down to earth she was. But looking at the clothes she wears (Valentino, Prada, etc.) and the crowd she hangs around with (Gwenyth, Rosario, Marie-Chantal) I thought she wasn't as down to earth as she seemed. And it's always been a mystery to me how she hates flying and has had issues with attending events where she has to fly but yet she can fly to India and New York for "vacation." Her work ethic is appalling for a future Queen.
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #15 on: May 14, 2012, 01:50:01 am »

To me, the whole thing is about the fact that taxpayers do pay for them (security/travel/hospitality) for a lifetime and if she's been spending money like water, she needs to be restrained. In the US, the President is paid a salary and has to forgo any other jobs and business interests while in office, along with his wife. It's for eight years and the reason that so much is covered, is because the President literally runs the country and has to deal with the rest of the world as well. After they are out of office they are guarded because while in office they learn all our nation's  secrets and are HUGE targets for maniacs.

As for the royals like MM, they are not privy to the secrets of the nation, they are not at all carrying the weight of the major descision making process that wears down so many politicians and yet, MM and the other princesses are drowning in couture, drowning in jewels, enjoying the best the world has to offer, but the most they do is run charities and make speeches and sit and look pretty. Second, the royals are supported for the rest of ther LIVES and that is no small term like eight years, often it can be up to eighty or above. Since she is going to be married for life, she needs to cut back on the grubbing for luxury.

The way she is living, she is going to bankrupt her nation if they haev to pay not just for her travel or security, but for her couture as well. These designers don't charge cheap and they do not at all going to give her discounts. One thing to have nice dresses, but qutie another to pay and pay and pay through the nose for MM's expensive tastes and jet setting travel. Does she pay any attention to her kids at all?

D.I.R.
Baroness

« Reply #16 on: May 14, 2012, 06:03:11 am »

yeah... she's doing what the other commoner wives (Leti, Mary, Kate) are doing following the Diana "blueprint". Eating disorder, feeling trapped agents their will in the family, they see Diana a celebrity & seeing her socializing with celebs, doing heart tugging charities that they themselves dont give a freak but it gives them good pr.. and on and on.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2012, 06:06:36 am by D.I.R. » Logged
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #17 on: May 14, 2012, 06:20:04 am »

Eating disorder, feeling trapped agents their will in the family, they see Diana a celebrity & seeing her socializing with celebs, doing heart tugging charities

Except of course, Diana was shoehorned into her marriage at nineteen and had a diddly career and a diddly life's experience. These were fully grown women and they are for commoner 'down to earth wives' are unusually expensive in their wardrobe and jewel choices. Supremely ironic, eh? These women instead went hell for leather and pushed their way into the lives of these princes and certainly didn't not know what they were getting into. MM is being beyond rational when she is spending the way she is and being as disdainful as she is. I mean, can not one of them be happy, other than Mathilde who actually seems to LVOE her husband and children?

Yooper
Princess

« Reply #18 on: May 14, 2012, 09:22:36 am »

For me to comment is somewhat ridiculous because I know next to nothing about this woman but, speaking of all of these royal brides and their lack of work ethic, duty, and good representation, haven't they read a newspaper?  Don't they know there's a world-wide recession and it's just severely unwise to be perceived as a spendthrift?  I don't get it.  I really don't.

For all of the things we complain about in the US, I have to say that the sitting President doesn't go about flashing big expensive anything right now.  It would be political suicide.  MO got into trouble, I believe, when they went to Europe and she was seen shopping and the media jumped on her with tar and feathers in a nanosecond.  That's when she started her Victory Garden project, I believe, to counter that.

\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\"  Thomas Jefferson
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #19 on: May 14, 2012, 01:51:36 pm »

If there's a bright side to this, it's that the royal court confirmed that this dress was only on loan from Valentino for the night and was not purchased (an unusual confirmation, seemlingly made in light of the fact that the frock costs somewhere in the neighborhood of $17,000), so we'll only see it once. But I think this is a warning sign, and we need to just go ahead and say it: it's time to let the butter churning chic go.

http://orderofsplendor.blogspot.com.es/

I wonder why the court talked about this, also 17000 for this thing?  Shocked

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 14   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: