Royal Gossip
March 24, 2019, 01:52:50 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Poll
Question: How do you feel about Kate's weight?
Fat cow, she should lose another pound or two
She's rather thin but that's normal for a celeb like her
Someone give her something to eat please! She waay to skinny right now!
I don't care about her weight
What about her weight? It's perfectly fine as it is!

Pages: 1 ... 36 37 38 [39] 40 41   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The weight debate part III  (Read 161768 times)
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #760 on: November 21, 2018, 04:58:05 pm »

She needs an intervention pronto; she is dead thin and she strikes me as drastically unwell. Surely she should be able to schedule an interview with a therapist and surely her own family and her husband should be concerned.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
buflesse
Duchess

« Reply #761 on: November 21, 2018, 06:53:07 pm »

It's very sad that she goes around meeting young children and teenage girls and this is the body standard she is projecting. She looked so much better when she was pregnant. And before the engagement, for that matter.

I imagine she spends most of her day working out, as opposed to working with her charities and educating herself on constitutional matters, or learning a language.

Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #762 on: November 21, 2018, 09:11:18 pm »

I think that like a lot of wives who are in marriages where they are insecure, Kate works out hoping to keep her looks and figure to keep her husband attracted. Like a lot of such wives though, she must be all too aware of how close she is to losing her husband for good.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
misanthrocrat
courtier

« Reply #763 on: January 15, 2019, 05:56:15 am »

^That's a classic strategy for insecure wives.  nervous
Trouble is, after an age all that working out to stay skinny also takes a toll on the face. Which ends up looking aged sooner than necessary.
Then the battle between body and face begins. So much for efforts to keep the husband (ha!).

“To do good is noble. To tell others to do good is even nobler and much less trouble.”
― Mark Twain
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #764 on: January 15, 2019, 06:06:51 am »

I think her loss of weight is symptomatic of not being able to handle a world that still has very little respect for her. I believe she has entered a crossroads where she is unable to handle her life, but has come so far in terms of her choices that she can't just back out and admit that she made a mistake. Her biggest mistake was that she thought that she would be bale to leverage all those years of waiting into something substantial, but it hasn't materialized. William still treats her dismissively, the courtiers give her lip service respect, but there's no real appreciation or respect or even affectionate interest. She has some good press, but she knows that it can change the minute someone more interesting comes along and if someone younger and more accomplished comes along, all that good press will evaporate. Once Meg's kid is born, the press will be all over her all the more. Her life is a nightmare and she can't just get out of it and count her losses. She knows how bad it will be if she leaves.

misanthrocrat
courtier

« Reply #765 on: January 15, 2019, 06:23:47 am »

^Nah.
I just think she is a classical case of woman in posh circles where the thinking goes you can't ever be too rich or too thin.

She is probably working out like crazy to maintain the standard uber-slender body of the modern upper crust woman.
She could stand to gain a few more pounds though, her face would thank her.

But I don't believe her life is terrible, or that she regrets not having accomplished more (what is there for her to accomplish?) or that William doesn't care about her.
I just think she has settled into a very comfortable life but not being the desperate attention-seeking Narc that her sil is, she doesn't like to be out and about literally every day.

Personally, I appreciate her not taking over cameras every day. There IS such a thing as over-exposure, even among royals sitting on taxpayer money.

“To do good is noble. To tell others to do good is even nobler and much less trouble.”
― Mark Twain
sandy
Princess

« Reply #766 on: January 15, 2019, 01:58:52 pm »

I don't think her sister in law is a narcissist. Kate herself does play to the cameras and has done it for years.

Kate should be working more. Kate has her own problems like every now and then her husband joining hunting parties and his ex Jecca is a part of them.
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #767 on: January 15, 2019, 04:58:36 pm »

^Nah.
I just think she is a classical case of woman in posh circles where the thinking goes you can't ever be too rich or too thin.
She is probably working out like crazy to maintain the standard uber-slender body of the modern upper crust woman.
She could stand to gain a few more pounds though, her face would thank her.

But I don't believe her life is terrible, or that she regrets not having accomplished more (what is there for her to accomplish?) or that William doesn't care about her.
I just think she has settled into a very comfortable life but not being the desperate attention-seeking Narc that her sil is, she doesn't like to be out and about literally every day.
Personally, I appreciate her not taking over cameras every day. There IS such a thing as over-exposure, even among royals sitting on taxpayer money.

Kate isn't some posh girl who can afford to slack off; she can't afford to mooch around since she has nothing other than what William has. Kate is not from a powerful family, or a genuinely wealthy family and she is not someone who left a prominent career to be William's consort. She has left nothing and it's not like she has any kind of leverage. She is a normal mainstream middle class climber who struck it lucky and had the good sense to take full advantage. If William leaves her, he could conceivably leave her with very little since she has little to zero leveraging ability.

YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #768 on: January 15, 2019, 05:08:40 pm »

She's too thin.  It's an issue and I have a hard time equating her, and many others', endless expectation to attain the "perfect body" with her charitable concerns or involvement with mental health.  Body image is a real plague to many and can end badly with severe consequences and it can only be combatted with a healthy mind.

\\\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\\\"  Thomas Jefferson
misanthrocrat
courtier

« Reply #769 on: January 15, 2019, 06:37:25 pm »

^^
I could never disagree with:

"She is a normal mainstream middle class climber who struck it lucky and had the good sense to take full advantage".

But I don't think W will leave her. She'll be fine.

^Sure...but she probably wants everyone to believe she is like this naturally and she just...can't help it.  dontknow
Would you "body-shame" a person that's too thin any more than you would fat-shame a big one?
Not defending her, just playing the devil's advocate here.  shifty

― Mark Twain
sandy
Princess

« Reply #770 on: January 15, 2019, 06:39:14 pm »

In general today, divorce is possible for senior royals.

It is not a matter of body shaming, it is a matter of concern for women to be unhealthily thin.
misanthrocrat
courtier

« Reply #771 on: January 15, 2019, 07:07:27 pm »

^ One more time: possible, but not likely. KM is highly unlikely to be dumped by PW. 

She can show concern for women who are unhealthily thin while pretending she is like this naturally and perfectly healthy.

Same with matters of concern for women who are unhealthily fat.
Another "rule and exception" story.
The odds of being unhealthy because too fat (rule) are much higher than the odds of being unhealthy because too thin (exception).

KM looks like a very thin but healthy woman to me.       

― Mark Twain
sandy
Princess

« Reply #772 on: January 15, 2019, 07:09:58 pm »

My point: the rule "no divorce" no longer applies.

misanthrocrat
courtier

« Reply #773 on: January 15, 2019, 07:15:23 pm »

^Irrelevant, IMO. PW is highly unlikely to divorce KM.

We departed from:

If William leaves her, he could conceivably leave her with very little since she has little to zero leveraging ability. 

William won't leave her.
And even if this very low-odds event actually happens, she will hardly be left with "little".
Certainly more than if she'd passed the PW opportunity in favor of "building her own career."

She'd be rich only from all the appearances and tell-all books out there.   

She'll be SO fine.

― Mark Twain
YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #774 on: January 15, 2019, 09:16:37 pm »

^^
I could never disagree with:

"She is a normal mainstream middle class climber who struck it lucky and had the good sense to take full advantage".

But I don't think W will leave her. She'll be fine.

^Sure...but she probably wants everyone to believe she is like this naturally and she just...can't help it.  dontknow
Would you "body-shame" a person that's too thin any more than you would fat-shame a big one?
Not defending her, just playing the devil's advocate here.  shifty

I wouldn’t body shame anyone.  I would, however, be aware that trying to achieve an undefined “perfect body” is a troubling sign.  People don’t aim to be 300 pounds because it’s fashionably accepted.  Usually, the reverse is the goal.

\\\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\\\"  Thomas Jefferson
Miss Hathaway
Duchess

« Reply #775 on: January 15, 2019, 10:22:34 pm »

^ If Kate had issues like this, I would think it would be from Carole's high expectations.
HRHOlya
Duchess

« Reply #776 on: January 15, 2019, 10:28:39 pm »

^ I wouldn't blame Carole, Kate looked great during her uni years, and after lost a bit of weight, but was very fit and healthy looking. She only became shockingly thin (frankly underweight) once her engagement to Will came and the ring was on her finger, ever since she's been a stick with a bobble head and a mop of fake hair.

Many (of us) think she's like this because of Jecca... I don't know, but it is undeniable that she became unhealthily thin once she was due to marry.
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #777 on: January 15, 2019, 10:31:36 pm »

Before the wedding someone asked her and she said it was part of the wedding plan. I suppose it is different to get your photo x times than have your photo taken nearly daily. So she saw herself in the pics didnt like it and decided to get thin (seriously most of my diets is after seeing my pic in some event).

“Three things are to be looked to in a building: that it stand on the right spot, that it be securely founded, that it be successfully executed.” ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
HRHOlya
Duchess

« Reply #778 on: January 15, 2019, 11:01:10 pm »

^ Yeah I remember that "it is all part of the plan" or whatever she said. I think that is a very likely scenario.
Most women go overboard dieting once in the public eye, the scrutiny over any tiny little thing drives most into crazy diets and too much weight loss. Doesn't help that tabloids point out any cellulite (like 97% or so of women have it for crying out loud! Skinny ones as well as heavy ones and men can have it as well, just not as often, it is a dermatological issue after all) and any little "imperfection", I think it would eventually drive the strongest woman to tears.
sandy
Princess

« Reply #779 on: January 15, 2019, 11:35:40 pm »

^Irrelevant, IMO. PW is highly unlikely to divorce KM.

We departed from:

If William leaves her, he could conceivably leave her with very little since she has little to zero leveraging ability. 

William won't leave her.
And even if this very low-odds event actually happens, she will hardly be left with "little".
Certainly more than if she'd passed the PW opportunity in favor of "building her own career."

She'd be rich only from all the appearances and tell-all books out there.   

She'll be SO fine.

Not irrelevant. Since back in the early eighties divorce was discouraged and Diana herself thought there could be 'no divorce' and she'd have security. Was she ever wrong. Three out of four of the children of the Queen got divorces in the 1990s.

The safety net for royal consorts is not the same.
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 38 [39] 40 41   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: