Royal Gossip
July 28, 2017, 01:42:34 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Poll
Question: How do you feel about Kate's weight?
Fat cow, she should lose another pound or two
She's rather thin but that's normal for a celeb like her
Someone give her something to eat please! She waay to skinny right now!
I don't care about her weight
What about her weight? It's perfectly fine as it is!

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 36   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The weight debate part III  (Read 106076 times)
YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« on: May 11, 2012, 12:47:15 am »

Well here's part three of the weight debate.
Previous parts can be found here part I and here part II
And once again there's a poll to this topic, lets see if ppl think different then last time.

last posts of part II
i think so nymph

why is she hugging the dog and basically having nothing to do with the children?
and
But I must say looking at the Boy Scout photos that her face is looking slightly fuller in the cheek area.  She is looking a bit more like pre marriage, so maybe she has gained a tiny bit of weight.  Some photos it looks like she has jowels and really sagging skin on her face.

Enjoy!
 Kiss

\\\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\\\"  Thomas Jefferson
Nymph
Countess

« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2012, 01:52:16 pm »

Given that Kate is so skinny and didn't use to be or seem to be this thin, how does she do it?  Drugs, hunger strike or does she just have an iron will in getting what she wants?  Kate obviously is a determined person, but how does she get away with eating so little, don't those around her notice and comment?
anobserver
courtier

« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2012, 02:39:04 pm »

I have always wondered how she maintains such a scant weight and at times even seems to drop even more. For someone of her height (5'8" or 5'9" I would guess) she must eat next to nothing, and she must know that to maintain that little weight requires that she continues to eat next to nothing or her body will go into starvation mode and pack on the pounds. To recover from that kind of extreme dieting without massive initial weight gain, she would need to very gradually (probably on the order of an extra 30-90 calories/day for the first week, then a similar increase for the week after, etc.) increase her caloric intake over a period of months.

For the sake of argument, let's say she weighed 150-155# (slim for her height) late 2006/pre-2007 breakup.
If she dropped around 5-10# post-2007 breakup (she was pretty bony in some of those photos, but not nearly as bad as her post-engagement/pre-wedding ones), that puts her at 140-150# (still very thin for her height).
It was rumored that she lost around 20 pounds for the wedding, so that would put her in the 120-130# range in April 2011. I think given some of the shots from the Canada tour, she was probably on the lower end of that range.

For comparison's sake, Jackie Kennedy was around 5'7" and 120#. Audrey Hepburn was nearly 5'7" and hovered around 110# (due to malnutrition while growing up). Neither of those ladies ever looked as jowly or bony as Kate does, even when you look at photos of the two of them from later in life (40s and 50s!).

Now we know both Jackie and Audrey were heavy smokers and both were able to carry children to term in spite of their slender frames...but still, if Kate is under even half the stress she pretends to be, and is around 120-125#, I would guess that she would need to gain at least 10# for her height/frame to be able to conceive. And if she wants to do it slowly so it's less noticeable, I think it would take her at least 4 months if she's getting help now, which would mean there could be a baby announcement at the end of this year  nervous

If weight loss is her only problem in that area...
Nymph
Countess

« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2012, 03:05:25 pm »

Good points, I too have wondered how she can appear thinner each time she is seen.  It would seem that her body would at some point re-calibrate to her less caloric intake and for her to lose more weight she would have to eat less and less.  Maybe she off sets this by power sessions in the gym but how can she have energy to even exercise?  It is like she is some machine and just keeps losing weight and smiling, it is confounding to say the least.  But with Angelina Jolie as her idol and Wills as her goal that she attained I guess she is very determined.
pravda101
royal watcher

« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2012, 09:59:14 pm »

Her weight, or lack there of, is IMO super noticeable in the outfit she's wearing tonight at the Olympic gala. There's one pic of her getting out the car and you can really see her sternum, basically down a part of her shirt, and in the chest area when she's leaning over there's quite a bit of material hanging indicating that it's too big. That dress has to be a size 0 and yet she's still got extra material. That's not good. Also the lace back really shows just how boney her back is. The only plus is that her arms seem to be better. They aren't quite as Madonna-esque. She has to be working out excessively with really watching what she eats. It really makes me wonder if anyone behind the scenes has said something. Anyone with half a brain would see she doesn't look she has a good weight. Now whether people have said something but she just refuses to listen is another story......
Mooster
Duchess

"William, stop worrying...the paps wouldn't dare!"

« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2012, 10:05:02 pm »

^ I noticed her sternum too...Kate works out a lot and it's easier to disguise weight loss on her arms because there is a lot of muscle there that can be built up in place of fat - but it's harder to do so in the sternum area.  I don't think she has much fatty tissue on her bust, again I think her pectoral muscles give the illusion of boobs.

Diana, Zac, Jemima, Ben and Sir James Goldsmith    

pravda101
royal watcher

« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2012, 10:08:39 pm »

^ I noticed her sternum too...Kate works out a lot and it's easier to disguise weight loss on her arms because there is a lot of muscle there that can be built up in place of fat - but it's harder to do so in the sternum area.  I don't think she has much fatty tissue on her bust, again I think her pectoral muscles give the illusion of boobs.

She used to have boobs. Just look at her university days. She had a nice chest and now it's all gone. I bet that she wears padding to keep up the illusion.
Nymph
Countess

« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2012, 10:01:37 pm »

Kate must indeed use padded bras and inserts into some of her gowns and dresses, because she certainly looks more filled out on some occasions and then the teal gown showed she has dieted away her bust.
Kuei Fei
Princess

Moderator/I'm so royal I piss blue

« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2012, 10:40:06 pm »

Seeing her in that new dress, you can see her leg muscles and tendons, which means that if she doesn't gain any weight, she is going to end up with her muscle being next in regards to what her body will feed on to be able to keep going.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
side chair spectator
courtier

« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2012, 01:50:58 am »

Duchess of Cambridge Kate is the perfect Windsor wife.. but she's barely half the woman she was

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/editors-choice/2012/05/10/duchess-of-cambridge-kate-is-the-perfect-windsor-wife-but-she-s-barely-half-the-woman-she-was-86908-23854231/

"The latest photos of her show a woman who isn’t just skinny but worryingly thin.There is not an ounce of flesh on her. Sideways on, there is nothing of her at all. "

"So is that what’s gone wrong with Kate? Has she bought the dangerous myth from the fashion police that a woman can never be too thin."

"There is also the ghost, two steps behind, who must haunt her – the mother-in-law whom she never met, Diana.
It is of course her spectre and her admitted eating disorder which perhaps makes the media hesitate to mention the duchess’s weight.
No one wants to be accused of hounding Kate to destruction in the way Earl Spencer accused the press of hunting down Diana when he spoke at her funeral.
Whether that was entirely true is debatable.
But there are similarities in the way the two of them went from women with curves to X-rays."

"Maybe it’s time, then, for her prince to take his duchess gently to one side and tell her that she will not be less loved by either him or her public if she lets go and eats the occasional pizza or plate of chips.
For both their sakes."

Kuei Fei
Princess

Moderator/I'm so royal I piss blue

« Reply #10 on: May 15, 2012, 02:11:38 am »

is of course her spectre and her admitted eating disorder which perhaps makes the media hesitate to mention the duchess’s weight.
No one wants to be accused of hounding Kate to destruction in the way Earl Spencer accused the press of hunting down Diana when he spoke at her funeral.

The press wasn't at fault and no one is going ot hound her to destruction when you consider that the press/media has been more genrous to Kate than Diana could have hoped for. Second, the press wasn't to blame for Diana's eating problems and I think the press is more owrried about a lawsuit.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
rogue
Duchess

« Reply #11 on: May 15, 2012, 10:53:15 am »

People need to stop putting the blame on the media.Kate has lived with the media and William for almost a decade and she looked like a healthy young woman.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2012, 10:55:04 am by rogue » Logged
lothwen
Duchess

Hello. My name is Lothwen, and I am a Harryaholic

« Reply #12 on: May 15, 2012, 11:13:00 am »

^I think they addressed that in the article

I\\\'m not going to defend myself against these accusations of \\\"playing both sides.\\\"  If you want to know how I feel about Kate and William, read my posts.  If you want further proof, go to the \\\"other forum\\\" and read my posts there.  I have the same user name for both forums.
Nymph
Countess

« Reply #13 on: May 15, 2012, 07:52:37 pm »

I think Kate just laps up the attention regarding her weight loss.  She revels in it and sees herself as completing her royal makeover.  I think she will continue to lose weight, even though she shouldn't lose an ounce more, but she is driven and I wonder how much more her body can take at this point.
rollinginthesouth
Countess

« Reply #14 on: May 17, 2012, 10:53:26 pm »

I agree that Kate looks sickly. We've seen it in the muscle damage in her shoulders displayed at the Millies and in her legs that were pictured at the recent polo event. But I did a little side beside comparison. Here is Kate in 2009 attending the wedding of Nicholas Van Cutsem and Alice Hadden-Paton. She has that odd muscles surrounding her knee even back then. So have we been seeing a damaged figure for many years now? If so, I wonder why I didn't notice it!

The shoulders:
http://i47.tinypic.com/2mzi1c5.png

The leg comparisons:
http://i47.tinypic.com/2ynsb2s.jpg

"Something as curious as the monarchy won't survive unless you take account of people's attitudes. After all, if people don't want it, they won't have it." - Prince Charles
YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #15 on: May 17, 2012, 11:33:32 pm »

Yikes that's scary!

\\\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\\\"  Thomas Jefferson
serene grace
Princess

Appointed Moderator

« Reply #16 on: May 17, 2012, 11:36:53 pm »

The press is going to be her worse enemy in the end for not holding her feet to the fire when they should.
No one wants to really widely ask about her weight because they don't want to taint the image they are trying to sell.

Her back looks like it has a sharp bone sticking out. I'm still trying to figure out how she and William have comfortable s.... with all those bones?

[/URL]
giamodel60
Countess

« Reply #17 on: May 18, 2012, 01:18:09 am »

She lost all the fat on her legs . But has huge musclesv, how weird

If you don't Beleive what I write don't read it. . Please ignore and move on , I'd rather not explain myself to you 100 times !
Nymph
Countess

« Reply #18 on: May 18, 2012, 05:30:31 pm »

I have always thought Kate looked muscly even though she is rail thin.  It seems weird how she doesn't have any fat yet her muscles seem prominent, kinda like those body builder when they go into their intense competition physique just before a competing.
AnaBolena
Duchess

We Read To Know We Are Not Alone - C.S Lewis

« Reply #19 on: May 18, 2012, 07:31:39 pm »

^Nymph, very true, and yet when a woman is that muscly and has no actual healthy fat layers she also has a lack of estrogen which is needed to get pregnant and maintain a normal feminine cycle. 

Live The Life You Were Meant To Live And Live Honestly.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 36   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: