Royal Gossip
September 21, 2017, 04:05:20 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Military Career  (Read 20262 times)
sandy
Princess

« Reply #80 on: October 02, 2012, 02:12:51 pm »

William needs to grow up and face his responsibilities. He's  in SAR passing time nobody knows how much or how little he really does there. And he can take those endless vacations. If he wants to be normal then he and Kate should give up the perks and titles and live on his inheritance.
Jane23
Princess

« Reply #81 on: October 02, 2012, 05:00:21 pm »

I think he will want to stay in The Military as long as possible until Liz is with us than it will get very interesting because he STILL won't want to be a full time Royal  eating cookies...
sandy
Princess

« Reply #82 on: October 02, 2012, 06:51:54 pm »

His father spoiled and indulged him for years so I think he just lets Will do as he pleases. WIll just digs his heels in and does as he pleases.
windsor2
Princess

Harryite #21

« Reply #83 on: October 02, 2012, 09:37:52 pm »

I'm watching Coast Guard Alaska. It's equivalent to the SAR that Wills is a part of. The trainer of the base basically side that they take the best of the best mentally and physically because there's zero error during a rescue. So this leads me to question how Wills is allowed to join and stay in SAR even as a reserve. Judging by his recent pictures he doesn't appear to be in shape and he looks a bit unhinged mentally. I wonder if he just sits in the back of the helicopter to provide moral support to those that are rescued instead of being a co-pilot, IMO. These Cost Guard guys are tough and don't f*ck around. They said that they have to maintain their training g even when they're off because you always have to be ready at all times. It's nice to see tax dollars going to such good use.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2012, 09:46:36 pm by windsor2 » Logged

Keep Calm and Carry On
Kuei Fei
Princess

Moderator/I'm so royal I piss blue

« Reply #84 on: October 04, 2012, 07:11:04 am »

I believe that if he has ot give up his military life, what little of it, he'll end up devastated. I'm certain that he would seethe at the idea of moving fully into royal life, even if in fact he hasn't really done a single substantial thing with it.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
The Alley Cat...
courtier

« Reply #85 on: October 04, 2012, 01:05:13 pm »

Then he should step down. We all know he joined the military just to not get married, and prolong the inevitable full time royal duties.  Well he's married now, and he can't avoid his birthright anymore.  He either needs to buck up or step down.  He's too old to act like a spoilt brat.
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #86 on: February 13, 2013, 10:08:35 pm »

Supposedly they were going to say what he was going to do in december then it was in january and we are in february and nothing.

bored3

“Three things are to be looked to in a building: that it stand on the right spot, that it be securely founded, that it be successfully executed.” ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
rollinginthesouth
Countess

« Reply #87 on: February 14, 2013, 02:28:43 am »

^^^This is all getting a little too suspicious. We were told in December that he would only get a couple weeks of extension because of Kate's hospitalization and when that didn't pan out they told us at the first of the year. We are now halfway through February and still nothing has been said, not even another excuse for an extension. It seems like this news/announcement has just disappeared.

"Something as curious as the monarchy won't survive unless you take account of people's attitudes. After all, if people don't want it, they won't have it." - Prince Charles
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #88 on: February 14, 2013, 08:31:23 am »

Supposedly they were going to say what he was going to do in december then it was in january and we are in february and nothing.
bored3

Maybe they're just hoping no one asks and William will be quietly removed from the RAF and moved into official duties. With the public being as acid as they are these days, an official announcement will just end up being greeted with open derision and possible hostility.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
rollinginthesouth
Countess

« Reply #89 on: February 19, 2013, 06:21:17 am »

mimigirl: @RoyalReporter still no word about PW and RAF . If leaving why keep up flying hrs?
Richard Palmer: He's signed up for 30-36 months. 30 months is in March but I gather he's not doing anything in a rush. Good point re flying hours.

"Something as curious as the monarchy won't survive unless you take account of people's attitudes. After all, if people don't want it, they won't have it." - Prince Charles
CathyJane
Duchess

« Reply #90 on: February 19, 2013, 09:27:27 pm »

bored3

Maybe they're just hoping no one asks and William will be quietly removed from the RAF and moved into official duties. With the public being as acid as they are these days, an official announcement will just end up being greeted with open derision and possible hostility.

Exactly right. So it doesn't really matter what those two do anymore- they will always be boo-ed and treated with no respect. They blew it.

benign
Duchess

« Reply #91 on: February 19, 2013, 09:57:23 pm »

mimigirl: @RoyalReporter still no word about PW and RAF . If leaving why keep up flying hrs?
Richard Palmer: He's signed up for 30-36 months. 30 months is in March but I gather he's not doing anything in a rush. Good point re flying hours.
so we will find out next month whether he stays or go....where is PW anyways? In Wales drinking or working?
rollinginthesouth
Countess

« Reply #92 on: February 19, 2013, 10:04:03 pm »

^^^What I don't like is how they're using Kate's pregnancy as an excuse for William not to do anything. Okay, in the beginning I kind of understood that he wanted to stay with a "sick" Kate. But then, Kate's stuff was moved two months out (no good reason other than that she's pregnant) and now William's things have as well (and these were moved without our knowledge as last we knew something would be said in the early part of January).  So why couldn't William make his announcement a month ago? He's not pregnant. He's not suffering from HG. He has no excuse to not be working or to give his reply on the whole work issue, especially since he's been debating over this since the summertime (and maybe even two years ago with the wedding)!

Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #93 on: February 19, 2013, 10:06:29 pm »

He doesn't want to live the RAF whatever it happens, he's obviously crazy if he believes he can keep with this kind of life without repercussions

“Three things are to be looked to in a building: that it stand on the right spot, that it be securely founded, that it be successfully executed.” ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #94 on: February 22, 2013, 10:23:57 am »

I bet he is going mad; his wife who was originally gung-ho about living in Wales is now abandoning him all the time and in London while his previously uncomplicated effortless life has become a complete pressure filled, disappointment enmeshed mess. It's all coming apart in spurts and after each vacation it's another collapse of goodwill and he's two inches away from completely losing it all. He's living the celebrity life and living the sort of life he distastes and seeing his brother and cousins out living uncomplicated carefree lives and they are settling down in stable respectable careers and lives while he is stuck in Drama Land with Kate and her Eternal Problems.

Anne-Elliot
Countess

Lady Mary Crawley

« Reply #95 on: June 10, 2013, 11:15:50 am »

'To see someone's face when you bring their mother or father back from the edge of death - it's quite powerful,' William opens up about his role as helicopter rescue hero
BBC film crew sees Duke of Cambridge plucks stranded boy to safety
Helicopter Rescue airs tonight on BBC1 at 10.35pm
The Prince has been a Search and Rescue pilot since 2010

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2338772/Prince-William-talks-emotions-helicopter-rescue-hero-new-documentary.html#ixzz2Vo63B200

Freya
Duchess

« Reply #96 on: June 10, 2013, 12:26:52 pm »

^
If he does not want to give up this type of role then he could fly for the Air Ambulance part time. He may have to train as a paramedic but he must have some knowledge already. For those not from the UK the Air Ambulance is a voluntary organisation funded by donations from the public and public fund raising. The AA is used when it is difficult for an vehicle to get to an accident or an ill person. They are very often used in motorway accidents when there is a pile up and access is impossible by an ambulance.

He could also take on the patronage of an Air Ambulance charity because he has a knowledge of this type of operation. It is also the sort of charity whose work could benefit anyone at any stage of their life.

http://www.midlandsairambulance.com/about-us.php?id=129
Fly on the wall
Princess

Lady of Threads

« Reply #97 on: July 28, 2013, 04:45:43 am »

EXCLUSIVE: Army role in London for Prince William

William, who holds the rank of squadron leader with the Royal Air Force, will rejoin his regiment, the Blues and Royals, as he takes up a role with the Household Cavalry’s elite Mounted Regiment, according to senior sources.

Based at Hyde Park barracks in Knightsbridge, he will carry the rank of captain, at last matching that of his brother Harry.

Tasks will include a role in mounted ceremonial parades, inspecting soldiers before they go on duty and drafting “career reports” for troops within his squadron for the unit commander.

He has taken part in dozens of air sea rescues since transferring to the RAF as a Sea King helicopter pilot in Anglesey. But the end of his three-and-a-half year tour of duty in September, coupled with the birth of Prince George and mounting pressure to be more available for royal duties made a change of direction inevitable.

His decision should have been made by last Christmas. It highlights choices for the dynamic royal about which of his duties take precedence.

As an officer in the Blues and Royals, a posting to the ceremonial mounted regiment is regarded as a “plum job” and highly sought after. Unlike its counterpart in Windsor, the Household Cavalry’s division in London is not deployed abroad.

As an added incentive, the choice of London will afford the prince the chance of managing royal events with the Duchess of Cambridge.

Kensington Palace refused to comment on the speculation, though the official line remains that Prince William has yet to make up his mind.

A senior Army source said: “Our understanding is that he will finish with the RAF have some leave that is due and then return to the Blues and Royals and serve with the Mounted Regiment, where he will take an appointment as second in command of a squadron. It is not a difficult role but it requires a lot of attention to detail.”

Royal author Margaret Holder said: “This comes as no surprise. Prince William has been under increasing pressure to take over some of the strain of royal duties, particularly since the Duke of Edinburgh’s illness, and London will make for the ideal location.”

http://www.express.co.uk/news/royal/417972/EXCLUSIVE-Army-role-in-London-for-Prince-William

NEVER *despise* correction,for those who correct you ,truly LOVE you .They are willing to displease you and possibly lose your friendship ,rather than see you destroyed. Those who *despise* you ,on the other hand ,will allow you to FAIL...because what do they care ?

Every praise is not good and every criticism is not evil..!
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #98 on: July 28, 2013, 09:03:29 am »

Given that it's just a joke and obvious cover I believe that he should just start doing his duties and stop looking down on them. It's not like ti's taxing and he's not able to do anything better with himself.

gingerboy24
Princess

« Reply #99 on: July 28, 2013, 09:34:17 am »

From the goo old Express again, they must be getting paid well, or the "promise" is good.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: