Royal Gossip
December 12, 2017, 08:19:14 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 [11] 12 13   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Prince Andrew: News and Photos  (Read 31790 times)
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #200 on: June 28, 2016, 09:57:28 pm »

SEBASTIAN SHAKESPEARE: Airmiles Andy is off on another official junket: Prince jets off on taxpayer-funded trip to Malaysia

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3663109/Airmiles-Andy-official-junket-Prince-jets-taxpayer-funded-trip-Malaysia.html#ixzz4CuTtVTNR
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

“Three things are to be looked to in a building: that it stand on the right spot, that it be securely founded, that it be successfully executed.” ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Akasha 85
courtier

« Reply #201 on: June 29, 2016, 12:34:28 am »

Wait, wasn't he practically fired from being a trade person thingy? huh

aww I guess W&K couldn't be bothered with this serious business trip because they have to raise 2 little kid's all by themselves! snob

“For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible.”
― Stuart Chase

“To see a World in a Grain of Sand
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand
And Eternity in an hour.”
― William Blake, Auguries of Innocence

“Four things you can't recover:
The stone after the throw, The word after it's said, The occasion after it's missed, The time after it's gone.”
― Deanna Wadsworth
Rosella
Duchess

« Reply #202 on: June 29, 2016, 07:46:19 am »

Wait, wasn't he practically fired from being a trade person thingy? huh

aww I guess W&K couldn't be bothered with this serious business trip because they have to raise 2 little kid's all by themselves! snob

^ Yes, 'Air Miles Andy' was fired from being a British Trade Ambassador' years ago. However, Andy seems to have partly inherited Prince Philip's portfolio of Royal engagement in the field of British science, technology, business entrepreneurship over the last decade. And so, under the guise of being a promoter of British businesses he still manages to slither his way onto several missions like this annually. He's got the hide of an elderly rhino, so criticism like this wouldn't faze him.
YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #203 on: June 29, 2016, 12:59:57 pm »

^Please don't quote the post directly above you.  Simply use the arrow key.  I do belief we've had this conversation before. YM

\\\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\\\"  Thomas Jefferson
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #204 on: June 29, 2016, 08:54:12 pm »

Andrew is going to have a lot of work with brexit. He's going nowhere now.

“Three things are to be looked to in a building: that it stand on the right spot, that it be securely founded, that it be successfully executed.” ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #205 on: June 30, 2016, 07:42:30 pm »

VickiTreadell ‏@VickiTreadell Jun 29 Johor Bahru, Johor

Final element of HRH @TheDukeOfYork 's programme: dinner with the Sultan of #Johor pic.twitter.com/exU2cnbcRA

Fly on the wall
Princess

Lady of Threads

« Reply #206 on: July 03, 2016, 05:37:59 pm »

Prince Andrew tried to broker crown property deal for Kazakh oligarch
Duke of York’s office urged crown estate to sell London house to tycoon who bought Andrew’s house for £3m over asking price

Prince Andrew acted as a broker for a Kazakh oligarch who wanted to buy a London home from the Queen’s estate, documents released under the Freedom of Information Act have revealed.

The Duke of York’s office tried to secure a crown estate property near Kensington Palace for the oil and gas tycoon Timur Kulibayev at the same time as his marital home of Sunninghill Park was being sold to the billionaire for £3m over the asking price.

The duke was a government trade envoy at the time of the attempted deal for Kulibayev, son-in-law of the Kazakh president, Nursultan Nazarbayev. Its emergence is likely to fuel calls for further investigation into his dealings with the autocratic regime.

According to the emails released to the Mail on Sunday, the Duke of York’s private secretary, Amanda Thirsk, urged the crown estate to sell one of its valuable Kensington properties to Kulibayev, saying: “They are happy to spend very large numbers to get the right property.”
https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2016/jul/03/prince-andrew-broker-crown-property-kazakh-oligarch

NEVER *despise* correction,for those who correct you ,truly LOVE you .They are willing to displease you and possibly lose your friendship ,rather than see you destroyed. Those who *despise* you ,on the other hand ,will allow you to FAIL...because what do they care ?

Every praise is not good and every criticism is not evil..!
india
Princess

« Reply #207 on: July 03, 2016, 10:10:18 pm »

What is up with that? Is he getting a huge kick back or what?
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #208 on: July 03, 2016, 10:34:20 pm »

Of course he's getting a fat kickback; I thought the BRF couldn't get lower, but they prove me wrong every time.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
india
Princess

« Reply #209 on: July 04, 2016, 12:23:59 am »

That is disgusting. They are associating with these slime buckets just to make some jack. They would have nothing to do with them otherwise.
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #210 on: July 04, 2016, 04:31:54 am »

Legitimate businesses professionals wouldn't let them engage in business deals, what with the fact that their livelihood is at stake.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
Fly on the wall
Princess

Lady of Threads

« Reply #211 on: July 06, 2016, 07:29:36 pm »

Andrew spends £5,000 of taxpayers' money flying himself and banker friend from Windsor to Kent in the royal helicopter so they could play golf
Prince Andrew spent £5,000 of public funds to fly the president of the World Bank to the Kent coast for a game of golf.
The Queen’s son used a taxpayer-funded helicopter to take Jim Yong Kim to the Royal Cinque Ports Golf Club in Deal on Sunday.
The aircraft is one of two made available to members of the Royal Family for travelling to official engagements, the cost of which is met by government grants given to the Queen each year.
The helicopter picked up the Duke of York from his home in Windsor Great Park, waited for the pair to enjoy their round and then returned at a cost of around £5,000.
Andrew had no other official engagements that day, which raises the question of why he chose not to make the 112-mile, two-hour journey by car.
Buckingham Palace declined to say how he knows Washington-based Dr Kim, 56, whether they had met before or what the Duke hoped to achieve by the day out.
The prince, who now has no official royal role, has faced repeated criticism for his use of taxpayer-funded helicopters.
Details of Sunday’s trip were not listed in Monday’s Court Circular, the official record of royal engagements. It was listed yesterday, however, after the Mail inquired about the jaunt.
Andrew, sixth in line to the throne, took up golf shortly after becoming an officer in the Navy in 1979.
But after leaving in 2001 to become a full-time royal his game has become so good he has a reported handicap of four – meaning he could take up the sport professionally.
One PGA pro said in 2009: ‘You can’t become that good unless you are totally committed and get out playing as regularly as possible.’

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3676086/Prince-Andrew-spends-5-000-taxpayers-money-helicopter-journey.html#ixzz4DeeOXG00
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

NEVER *despise* correction,for those who correct you ,truly LOVE you .They are willing to displease you and possibly lose your friendship ,rather than see you destroyed. Those who *despise* you ,on the other hand ,will allow you to FAIL...because what do they care ?

Every praise is not good and every criticism is not evil..!
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #212 on: October 30, 2016, 09:12:20 pm »

I moved the messages about Andrew wanting his children to carry royal duties to The Transition to Charles' reign Thread.

Please discuss that topic in that thread  flower

HRHOlya
Duchess

« Reply #213 on: December 09, 2016, 09:03:59 pm »

Prince Andrew DENIES there is any rift between him and Prince Charles over his daughters' role in Royal Family

Prince Andrew released statement denying rift between him and his brother
    'No truth to the story there could be a split between the Prince of Wales and I'
    Duke of York denied he asked for daughters' future husbands to be given titles

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4018200/Prince-Andrew-DENIES-rift-Prince-Charles-daughters-role-Royal-Family.html

Statement here:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CzQFTFjUoAAwqBg.jpg

No more "Never complain, never explain", statements are en vogue now it seems.. But much better than Harry's joke.
YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #214 on: December 09, 2016, 09:45:45 pm »

^Grammar Nazi here.  That's an appalling slip considering the source.  It's "between the Prince of Wales and ME", not "I".  There's no excuse for it.  I know that seems petty but these people should know better.

\\\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\\\"  Thomas Jefferson
HRHOlya
Duchess

« Reply #215 on: December 09, 2016, 09:53:52 pm »

^ Indeed! I really *despise* it when people can't get it straight when to use "me" and when "I", and it's always "XY and I/me" not "I and XY"... Basic curtesy/ manners...
duchesschicana
courtier

« Reply #216 on: December 10, 2016, 12:22:40 am »

On Friday November 9th 2016, Patrons, Princess Beatrice, Eugenie  and  Sarah Visit UCH For Teenage Cancer Trust.
https://www.teenagecancertrust.org/about-us/news/sarah-duchess-york-hrh-princess-beatrice-and-hrh-princess-eugenie-pay-festive-visit
leogirl
Duchess

« Reply #217 on: December 10, 2016, 02:24:14 am »

Glad to hear the rumors are false and he is encouraging his daughters to work.
cate1949
Princess

« Reply #218 on: December 10, 2016, 02:29:50 am »

yes well reminds one to be dubious about things in the DM.

but then again one must be dubious about statements released by the RF nowadays too.

I'd say never explain never complain is a good strategy oft times.

Andrew and the heli trip - this guy never learns.
HRHOlya
Duchess

« Reply #219 on: December 11, 2016, 12:02:26 am »

^^ Wouldn't jump to that conclusion. Could be damage control by him, as I'd think he pays attention to the public's opinion and his daughters look worse by each day, partly thanks to their parents. So this statement might be to appease the public and not necessarily reflect the truth, but simply tell the public what the public wants to hear to back off, whilst making sure that any possible family rift is glossed over as untrue (Chuck & Andy).
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 [11] 12 13   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: