Royal Gossip
November 13, 2018, 11:30:39 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: John Edward's Trial  (Read 1498 times)
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« on: May 05, 2012, 11:55:40 pm »

Cate Edwards leaves court in tears during story of her mother stripping and screaming at father...after she hears he 'was obsessed with mistress's life of sex and astrology'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2138542/John-Edwards-trial-Daughter-Cate-leaves-court-tears-testimony-parents-fight.html#ixzz1u2SibYnZ

What an awful pair they deserve each other, and what normal woman would bring her daughter to court?  Lips Sealed

“Three things are to be looked to in a building: that it stand on the right spot, that it be securely founded, that it be successfully executed.” ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Yooper
Princess

« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2012, 06:23:24 am »

I'm confused (again).  What woman brought her daughter to court?  Mrs. Edwards is deceased.  Cate has seen more than she should, and it's difficult to hear a lot of this but it can't be a newsflash to her and she is, I believe, a witness, so is, by law, supposed to be there.  She does not have to sit through testimony, however, and was asked if she wanted to leave, she did and she left.

Anyway, as hard as this is to stomach, the only matter on the table that is illegal is his alleged misuse of taxpayer and donor's funds.  Period.  Other than that, it's nothing more than a tabloid-writer's dream.  That's the law and that's that.  It's sickening, no doubt, and, morally, the guy's a scumbag, but, unfortunately, that's not against the law.

\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\"  Thomas Jefferson
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2012, 11:17:30 am »

Rielle brought the kid she had with Edward.

“Three things are to be looked to in a building: that it stand on the right spot, that it be securely founded, that it be successfully executed.” ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
rogue
Duchess

« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2012, 11:48:30 am »

I'm surprised that Cate still wants anything to do with her father .He really was a sheep in wolfs clothes  sauer
Yooper
Princess

« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2012, 06:00:24 am »

^^She can't afford a babysitter, I guess.  And isn't the child just a baby or at least a toddler.  Oh well. 

^Only Cate can answer that one but I do find it unforgivable to have her as a witness.  She could've done that in writing and submitted to the judge.  Maybe she did, I haven't really followed it.  The guy's toast here.

BUT, and I say this with great reluctance and with a Christian heart.  Having watched someone die does strange things to people.  In my widow's group a couple of years back, I was bowled over by how many people had had affairs during the cancer treatment of their spouses.  It was amazing.  And until you've gone through it, you can't judge.  You're numb.  Trust me.

But, this is about donations and misuse of campaign money, not a judgment of morality.

\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\"  Thomas Jefferson
HC
Countess

« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2012, 07:40:38 pm »

I have read a statistic that when men get seriously ill the risk of getting a divorce drops by 90 pct. But when women get seriosly ill the divorce risk rises with 90 pct.
Yooper
Princess

« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2012, 08:42:10 pm »

^I can only go by the people I know, but that's an accurate statistic.  In addition, after the death of a female spouse, men do all kinds of crazy things.  I've seen some pretty unpleasant behavior, but it's not for me to judge.  I did a few pretty weird things myself.  Luckily, I don't remember them.  Very few remember the first few months after the death.

I'm just not into throwing stones today, I guess, especially about this.

Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2012, 08:44:54 pm »

I'm sure Rielle had money or at least Edward does. I cannot understand the reason for the little child to attend the trial.

giamodel60
Countess

« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2012, 01:32:06 am »

what a nasty piece of work

she should not have been there at all

that poor wife

he is NUTTTY

If you don't Beleive what I write don't read it. . Please ignore and move on , I'd rather not explain myself to you 100 times !
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: