Royal Gossip
May 24, 2019, 04:59:41 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Windsor Lunch (May 18) & Ascot Event (May 19) for foreign monarchs  (Read 22457 times)
Lauracrazygirl
courtier

« Reply #80 on: May 19, 2012, 08:53:40 am »

You know, this event really highlights how badly suited Kate is for this role.

She is surrounded by people whom have served their country for their whole lives, Queen Rania of Jordan does a great deal to ensure that woman and girls in the middle east receive an education and in turn can make something of them selves. What on earth is Kate going to say to a woman like her.

Queen Rania - "When you think of little girls roles in a family, they are last to go to school when a family can afford it and they are the first to get kicked out to work when the family is in trouble. When you educate a girl you can really change a society " << Real quote

Kate - "Oh yes, well, I attended st Andrews university and got a degree in Art History it was very important to me"

Queen Rania - "Yes I know and what did you do after you finished University "

Kate - "Hmm... ah.... Oh excuse me, I need to visit the ladies room..."

Queen Rania - .........
serene grace
Princess

Appointed Moderator

« Reply #81 on: May 19, 2012, 10:54:44 am »

Queen Rania always carries hersef splendidly, always regal.

Was the most beautiful new royal bride(IMO) Queen Jetsun Pema there?

http://www.bhutanobserver.bt/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/Jetsun-Pema-the-future-Queen-of-Bhutan.jpg

[/URL]
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #82 on: May 19, 2012, 02:11:04 pm »

^^No.

Seeing the photo of Kate and Charlene one simply has to remember the beautiful photos of Grace & Diana together, they cannot compare.

“Three things are to be looked to in a building: that it stand on the right spot, that it be securely founded, that it be successfully executed.” ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Yooper
Princess

« Reply #83 on: May 19, 2012, 05:17:37 pm »

http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/articles/342957/20120519/kate-middleton-princess-charlene-queen-diamond-jubilee.htm

Who Looked Best?

Princess Charlene arrived at Windsor in a new glam avatar - blonde chopped hairdo, which she had done in April. The princess, who tends to opt for monochromatic dresses at public engagements, donned a baby blue, including the stilettos, ensemble. Her knee-length skirt paired with a full-sleeve, blazer style top added to her elegance and looked apt for a royal event.

Charlene's counterpart, Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge, on the contrary, dazzled in a baby pink outfit, as she greeted the royal guests and, along with Princess Charlene, charmed one and all during the pre-reception party. The pleated Emilia Wickstead dress made her look like a bubbly young girl, as she mingled with her guests. The Duke and the Duchess of Cambridge were seen sharing a few jokes and some laughter with Princess Charlene and Prince Albert.

\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\"  Thomas Jefferson
Snokitty
Princess

« Reply #84 on: May 19, 2012, 05:47:46 pm »

I guess I need to find that reporters dictionary with the new definition of dazzled because I don't think Kate dazzled anything.  dontknow  I thought Kate looked totally out of place and NO I did not like the dress either.
rogue
Duchess

« Reply #85 on: May 19, 2012, 05:56:50 pm »

The pleated Emilia Wickstead dress made her look like a bubbly young girl

Kate needs to start looking like a grown up instead of a young girl.
Yooper
Princess

« Reply #86 on: May 19, 2012, 06:27:31 pm »

Absolutely, rogue and snokitty.  Drives me mad that they just refuse to be honest about it.  Dazzling?  Get a thesaurus already.  And how is that a compliment to be tagged a bubbly young girl at 30 years old?  It's true, I'll give 'em that.

\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\"  Thomas Jefferson
serene grace
Princess

Appointed Moderator

« Reply #87 on: May 19, 2012, 06:36:46 pm »

I know that Prince William wants to seem like a cordial, nice person, but I *despise* that he always tries to JOKE with people. I hope he stops doing the that once he gets into his 30's.

Kate has no clue, imo. I think she just tries to follow Pr.William's lead.
Also why is Kate always making some weird Fergie type face when she's at events?

[/URL]
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #88 on: May 19, 2012, 06:42:09 pm »

I like the dress but not the hair, a low chignon would have looked better and more sophisticated.

What I really dislike is that they (and Harry) don't seem to mix well with other royals, they look kind of awkward and prefer their own company.

“Three things are to be looked to in a building: that it stand on the right spot, that it be securely founded, that it be successfully executed.” ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #89 on: May 19, 2012, 07:22:02 pm »

Queen Elizabeth II Attends The Armed Forces Parade And Muster

http://www.gettyimages.co.uk/Search/Search.aspx?EventId=144699997&EditorialProduct=Royalty

Leila
Countess

« Reply #90 on: May 19, 2012, 07:28:42 pm »

http://i.imgbox.com/aatWCeZc.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/iTgG7.jpg
http://i.imgbox.com/aasalvdk.jpg
I really like her! She's so cool.  Cool

http://i.imgbox.com/aamM4fwR.jpg I'm glad HM had a good time.
Princess Alucard
Countess

« Reply #91 on: May 19, 2012, 07:29:10 pm »

Why do I find it  laugh when I see royals with cameras. Carl Gustav and Prince Andrew.  When's the Jubilee? I'm happy she-who-shall-not-be-named wasn't there.

HM's Hat looks like a cake and that one royal (swaziland?) she's like an elegant lady gaga
« Last Edit: May 19, 2012, 07:35:20 pm by Princess Alucard » Logged

Nov. 16, 2010.... Hell froze over *plays in the snow*

Yooper
Princess

« Reply #92 on: May 19, 2012, 07:44:58 pm »

^^Oh, WOW, does HM look like a cupcake, or what!  Her sweet smiling face is so good to see.

As for the Swaziland lady, she rocks her own style.  She reminds me a lot of Queen Latifah (the singer/actress), of whom I'm very fond and loved her in 'Chicago'.

YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #93 on: May 19, 2012, 11:43:58 pm »

yup I was thinking the same about the swaziland lady: i's like a mix between gaga, latifa and bonham-carter, it looks odd bu kinda cool at the same time and you need gut's to wear it!
but I bet the colour clash wasn't intended no wonder she pulled a bit of a face when HM went by!
about HM
lovely outfit but I have a slight issue with the brim of her hat: it's too thin?straight? I dunno how to call it but it didn't work for me dontknow
I liked the contrasting dark feathers in the side and the texture of it  thumbsup
oh and I loved the shape of Margarethe's hat  thumbsup
princess M of Kent hat reminded me of a sailors cap  blink
sofie's pilbox was blah! (and going from the pic's she didn't like it either tehe)
marie-therese looked lovely
silvia looked ok

\\\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\\\"  Thomas Jefferson
memyselfandroyals
Countess

Good and bad things return

« Reply #94 on: May 20, 2012, 01:39:38 am »

i love charlene

All my comments/posts are only assumptions, thoughts and belifs. I don't make affirmations about facts i don't know about.

Magnolia
Duchess

« Reply #95 on: May 21, 2012, 01:29:38 am »

^^^Magnolia up there!  What a good point you made there about the pastels and Kate's hard edge.  Doesn't mix at all.  And it was I and someone else who mentioned the wool; it's not the time of year for it at all. 

I somehow think she was trying to 'bulk up' her body with the pleats and the extra fabric weight.
Yeah she can't carry off delicate and feminine(which are pastels)because she doesn't ooze it,it must difficult for her acting demure and pretending so much.She had to dress like that because there were important people there if it was up to her _IMO she would have tramp it up if there were no rules!

THIS IS YOU:NET- FXCKER A PERSON WHO SPENDS DAYS ON THE INTERNET AT A TIME USUALLY LATE AT NIGHT OR VERY EARLY IN THE MORNING HE OR SHE IS A RECLUSE AND A NET-FXCKER! THIS IS YOU:NET-JUNKIES TEND TO NOT HAVE LIVES ALTHOUGH ON RARE OCCASIONS ONE OF THEM UNWITTINGLY DOWNLOADS IT FROM THE INTERNET
lothwen
Duchess

Hello. My name is Lothwen, and I am a Harryaholic

« Reply #96 on: May 26, 2012, 12:54:19 am »

she really looked terrible at this event.  First of all, she's 30 years old, not 10.  That dress is way too young on her.  Second of all, pastels don't look good on her, she needs rich hues. Third of all, she's on home turf representing her Queen and her husband's family and she looks like she just rolled out of bed.

I think she could look really nice in something like this

http://www.polyvore.com/cgi/set?id=49619397

I\\\'m not going to defend myself against these accusations of \\\"playing both sides.\\\"  If you want to know how I feel about Kate and William, read my posts.  If you want further proof, go to the \\\"other forum\\\" and read my posts there.  I have the same user name for both forums.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: