Royal Gossip
November 18, 2017, 02:34:47 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Piece of Kate and William's wedding cake set to fetch £1,000  (Read 1412 times)
Kuei Fei
Princess

Moderator/I'm so royal I piss blue

« on: May 03, 2012, 08:57:48 pm »

A slice of Royal history! Piece of Kate and William's wedding cake set to fetch £1,000 at auction

Piece of cake was among those given to 650 guests at afternoon reception
Boxed fruitcake given starting price of £100 but likely to fetch much more

A piece of cake from the wedding of Kate and William is set to go under the hammer.

The boxed fruit cake, supplied to online auction house PFC Auctions by an anonymous seller, was among 650 pieces of wedding cake given to guests at the afternoon reception of the royal wedding held at Buckingham Palace last April.

The cake, designed by Fiona Cairnes, comes in a presentation tin commissioned and designed by Peter Windett and Sally Mangum.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2138474/Kate-Middleton-Prince-William-royal-wedding-cake-slice-set-fetch-1k-auction.html#ixzz1tq2zYaHD

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2012, 02:57:47 am »

I know I've seen this story before but I can't find it right now, dang! 
oh well I'll merge it when I find it.

BOT
I really don't get this weird royal tradition for packing the cake and giving it away  huh
Can a Brit explain this one to me please?
I mean 
No doubt it looks lovely in the box but it's a effing fruitcake with icing that probably tastes pretty yucky due to all the alcohol that is used to preserve it.
Why would someone keep that as a memorabilia?
I can understand that you keep the booklet or invitation to the wedding but the cake?  dontknow

\\\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\\\"  Thomas Jefferson
Yooper
Princess

« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2012, 06:12:19 am »

No clue what the Brits do, obviously, but it's a tradition in the US to save the top tier of a wedding cake for your first anniversary dinner.  It's kept in a box in the freezer (the baker provides a special container) and it's quite romantic.

The good news here is that a fruit cake lasts, oh, thousands of years, I'm told.  Just kiddin'.

Didn't they auction a piece of the wedding cake of Wallace Simpson and the Duke's a few years back?  Seems rather silly, to me, but interesting.

\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\"  Thomas Jefferson
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: