Royal Gossip
April 18, 2019, 09:50:50 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: C & C visit Canada in May  (Read 7722 times)
Kate2
royal watcher

« Reply #20 on: May 11, 2012, 11:49:26 pm »

On their last visit in 2009, the crowds , I recall were NOT that huge. Also there was a ruckus when they were in Quebec, which is par for the course, considering the Quebeckers attitude about the Royal Family.. I would not go accross the street to see this couple, and would have preferred that Prince Harry come instead..
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #21 on: May 12, 2012, 12:09:12 am »

All these diamond jubilee tours are currently being flops, not that big in regards to drawing a crowd and not that big in regards to headlines in the papers.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
meememe
Duchess

« Reply #22 on: May 12, 2012, 01:34:56 am »

The British press aren't reporting these tours but they are getting coverage in the local countries and are drawing good crowds there.

Yooper
Princess

« Reply #23 on: May 12, 2012, 06:19:37 am »

Odd.  No US news on this or CBC.

\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\"  Thomas Jefferson
June
Duchess

« Reply #24 on: May 12, 2012, 06:58:54 am »

Diamond Jubilee trip.

It doesn't matter the kind of reception they get, they have to visit the countries. Although I think that is why Charles hasn't visited Australia until this year (with Camilla) and the Cambs visited Canada first instead of Australia.

They may get a better reception this year or it will awful compared to last year's. However, if they are only there for three days they mustn't have much hope for that.

They were declined a trip to Australia by the government. Mary and Fred were visiting to try to sell the most controversial tax in recent history, given Denmark's involvement in climate change BS.  bored3

Two royal visits in such close proximity in this explosive economic and political climate would never happen.

Charles has never visited Australia with Camilla and not at all since 2004 (from memory). Did you mean Canada?  blink
« Last Edit: May 12, 2012, 07:05:00 am by June » Logged
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #25 on: May 12, 2012, 07:12:36 am »

The British press aren't reporting these tours but they are getting coverage in the local countries and are drawing good crowds there.

Which is a red flag since the British press should be all over these tours and all over the news stations; sixty years and this is it?

Odd.  No US news on this or CBC.

Which is ironic since after all, the US used ot be MAD about the happenings in the RF.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
meememe
Duchess

« Reply #26 on: May 12, 2012, 10:09:18 am »

Charles has never visited Australia with Camilla and not at all since 2004 (from memory). Did you mean Canada?  blink

2005 - after the announcement of the engagement but before he married Camilla. 

Mary and Fred were also here about the same time was Crown Princess Victoria.

June
Duchess

« Reply #27 on: May 13, 2012, 12:49:01 pm »

Right, thanks.  thankyou

I knew it was around that time, so Alex must have meant Canada.
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #28 on: May 20, 2012, 05:16:49 pm »

Victoria Arbiter ‏@victoriaarbiter
Prince Charles & Camilla arrive in #Canada today on the first leg of their tour of the realms on behalf of the #DiamondJubilee. #royal

“Three things are to be looked to in a building: that it stand on the right spot, that it be securely founded, that it be successfully executed.” ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #29 on: May 21, 2012, 12:43:35 pm »

arrival

http://www.gettyimages.co.uk/Search/Search.aspx?EventId=144622664&EditorialProduct=Royalty#

“Three things are to be looked to in a building: that it stand on the right spot, that it be securely founded, that it be successfully executed.” ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #30 on: May 22, 2012, 09:46:01 pm »

in toronto

http://www.citytv.com/toronto/citynews/topic/royal_visit_2012/article/206764#.T7v6LGoGxlM.twitter

Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #31 on: May 22, 2012, 10:04:12 pm »

Like son, like father! Prince Charles follows in Harry's footsteps as he wears blue suede shoes for Jubilee tour of Canada

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2148218/Prince-Charles-follows-Harrys-footsteps-wears-blue-suede-shoes-Jubilee-tour-Canada.html

lilariel
gossip insider

The Gloucesters-The Duke and Prince William

« Reply #32 on: May 23, 2012, 09:53:25 am »

Drats-I would have loved to have run across the bridge to Toronto while they were here but too many deadlines to work on. I do love the acknowledgement of the royal "machine" now towards the native peoples within countries that they visit. The first small steps that always have to be taken on the path towards the "well maybe we shoulda woulda coulda done this and that a little different"...or at least paid a wee bit more attention to our impact on your 'stuff thumbsup

"Prince Charles Meets with Canada Aboriginals" AFP article

http://www.google.com/hostednews/afp/article/ALeqM5joGB747Sh5VDGzaIql1I15meKmPw?docId=CNG.20c454ffc5866faad328e80510823121.611

I remember this...(below is quoted text from the above article)

"...Notably, Prince Charles met with Canadian First Nations tribes in 1977 when he donned a traditional headdress."
sandy
Princess

« Reply #33 on: May 23, 2012, 04:33:48 pm »

Like son, like father! Prince Charles follows in Harry's footsteps as he wears blue suede shoes for Jubilee tour of Canada

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2148218/Prince-Charles-follows-Harrys-footsteps-wears-blue-suede-shoes-Jubilee-tour-Canada.html

I'd rather see a pic of harry in them.
Yooper
Princess

« Reply #34 on: May 23, 2012, 05:44:03 pm »

http://gawker.com/5912624/mix-master-prince-charles--turns-tables-with-toronto-dj

Mix Master Prince Charles Turns Tables with Toronto DJ
Visiting Toronto as part of the ongoing Diamond Jubilee Tour, HRH The Prince of Wales stopped by UforChange — an arts and life-skills workshop program — where he was instructed by Fayola Leach (pro name DJ Loquenz) on the finer points of scratching, mixing, and proper headphone placement.

Next up on the agenda: Knighthood for Skrillex.

With video and some funny/not-so-funny comments.

\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\"  Thomas Jefferson
Nighthawk
Princess

« Reply #35 on: May 24, 2012, 04:25:10 pm »

one of the reasons why I came back is because of this couple being in Canada.  God help us all!

thanks for the photos and articles  Hi

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: